ifollow 2019/20 (4 Viewers)

Sick Boy

The support is atrocious, their answer to everything is 'you must be using a VPN'.

I suggested that they’d be better off investigating rather than accusing me of using a VPN. Apparently there were thousands of Coventry fans in Italy watching the game so no need to investigate.

chiefdave

I suggested that they’d be better off investigating rather than accusing me of using a VPN. Apparently there were thousands of Coventry fans in Italy watching the game so no need to investigate.
I'm slightly dubious that we have a large enough following to have thousands of people signed up to the same VPN service who have all happened to choose to set it to the same location to watch the game.

Sick Boy

Have to wait 7 days to test again now
If you’re relying on a VPN I wouldn’t bet on it working all season.
I'm slightly dubious that we have a large enough following to have thousands of people signed up to the same VPN service who have all happened to choose to set it to the same location to watch the game.

It’s like pulling teeth with them. I was trying to watch it from a mobile, which might not caused issues with their systems, who knows!

Last edited:

coop

I'm in Spain and it didn't work no VPN used.Had people round for BBQ and a pint to watch the match so a little annoying to say the least but 3 points make up for it.

shmmeee

How does the EFL distinguish between people in UK watching iFollow via a VPN and someone who is genuinely abroad watching iFollow?

They’ll log the IP addresses that lots of people are connecting from and can likely check if they are VPNs. Or just block them and see who complains.

theferret

I don't get the overzealous approach. Ultimately, it generates money for the EFL and clubs, and since ifollow was launched, attendances in L1 and L2 have increased. All seems a bit self-defeating.

Last edited:

tskezz

I used windscribe most of last season (live in Manchester/only go to aways) but towards the end there was so many problems with ifollow did my head in, they don't have any real assistance ether.

Used a IPTV sub for Saturdays game and typically covs was down but all other L1/L2 games were on so hoping it'll be good from now on.

Few pubs in Cov show the games too watched a good few last year.

tskezz

Are league cup games , check a trade and midweek games all available in the uk on I follow?
Law states no Saturday 3pm games to be shown (its like 2:30-4:30 or something more precise the just 3pm) in the UK. Anything outside these times can be shown on tv/online. iFollow is league games (although i thought id read they were or are going to start showing League cup, could be wrong)

So yeah any league game not on a Saturday at 3pm can be purchased and streamed legally, so without a VPN, in the UK.

stay_up_skyblues

Law states no Saturday 3pm games to be shown (its like 2:30-4:30 or something more precise the just 3pm) in the UK. Anything outside these times can be shown on tv/online. iFollow is league games (although i thought id read they were or are going to start showing League cup, could be wrong)

So yeah any league game not on a Saturday at 3pm can be purchased and streamed legally, so without a VPN, in the UK.

If the clubs mutually agree I think. I’m sure there were one or two Sunday games last year that didn’t show on ifollow. Albeit they were scheduled originally for 3pm Saturday. Anything originally scheduled for midweek/Sunday is usually available.

I totally understand the thinking that the club(S) are throwing away money by not letting us legally stream the games on a Saturday. But at the same time, it could arguably be the end of any atmosphere in a stadium if the option is there to spend £10 and watch it on your telly/tablet. It cuts out a lot of pissing around with travel, overpriced beer, and the long journey home when you lose.

It’s true that you can’t beat being there, but as far as the EFL games go, I can understand the threat to match day attendances that streaming poses. Premier league not so much as they are all screened anyway and the upper half have waiting lists for season tickets.

tskezz

If the clubs mutually agree I think. I’m sure there were one or two Sunday games last year that didn’t show on ifollow. Albeit they were scheduled originally for 3pm Saturday. Anything originally scheduled for midweek/Sunday is usually available.

Yeah possibly, not sure on the full terms. I know one or two teams just didn't have the ability to have ifollow teams at the ground. Not sure my money or some physical reason.

Sky_Blue_Ste

The fact that BCFC have their own tv streaming service & don’t use ifollow must have had something to do with Saturday’s issue surely?

chiefdave

The fact that BCFC have their own tv streaming service & don’t use ifollow must have had something to do with Saturday’s issue surely?
Didn't know that, may well be something to do with this. Wonder if anyone our end and / or at the EFL realised this before Saturday?

Sky_Blue_Ste

3bfd67f9129745c3d630d9658fa888b4.jpg

They’re definitely one of the Clubs not using ifollow

Users who are viewing this thread