If you had to make a decision right now... (1 Viewer)

The Reverend Skyblue

What really sticks out from this thread is the amount of people the posters on here used to go with ,who no longer go.
comments like ,used to go with a group of 8 or 12 ,none of them no longer go. I went with a gang from Banbury and none of them go to any games anymore, that stint in Northampton was to blame for them as they found new things yo do, but they have said that they wouldn't go now if they hadn't found new hobbies.

i still enjoy going ,I prefer local away games more , though only Southend and Cambridge will be localish if we go down

KG7

I must admit when I started this post, I expected something around 50/50 yes to no. However the response is shocking. It will be bad enough if we manage to stay up, but if we were relegated and SISU stay....

Like others, it used to be a right laugh going to the game, now it's a soulless cheerless hopeless experience.

Yep truly shocking.

You could probably argue that 'fairweather' is harsh considering the depths that we've dropped and the amount of 'unfair-weather' we've all sat through.

However, if the gates drop, and then peak if we start doing well again, it's likely that the term will be thrown around a lot.

It's interesting that five or ten years ago being a 'fairweather fan' was a massive insult to a football supporter.

Now not so much it seems. (Although perhaps that's just within a CCFC microcosm)

ashbyjan

No for me or my Dad - 40 years of Season Tickets (apart from Sixfields) but the inexorable slow descent into obscurity has simply killed my passion and love for something that was a huge part of my life and for that I will never forgive Sepalla, Fisher, Labovitch etc.

Woodster

At the minute no. Heading to games at the minute is like chastising myself.

Could that be changed? Absolutely.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Will go to more away games than home but will not be renewing season ticket as no longer feel any sense of loyalty to this club under the current regime

robbiethemole

The days are long gone when we would actually stand up for the honour of our team, sometimes to the extent of engaging in fisticuffs with others who weren't so enlightened as ourselves !:slap:

But now thanks to this lot, I find myself unconcerned about the team and when questioned about them, just say I don't go anymore.

Fucking bastards the lot of them.

LB87ccfc

No for me or my Dad - 40 years of Season Tickets (apart from Sixfields) but the inexorable slow descent into obscurity has simply killed my passion and love for something that was a huge part of my life and for that I will never forgive Sepalla, Fisher, Labovitch for not allowing me a place on the board and some biscuits during my silly ramblings with them.

LB87ccfc

This thread clearly shows the depths of depair we are in, I know a hell of a lot of city fans who used to be die hard home and away for 20 years but have found other hobbies / interests now who will never attend whilst this lot are here.

Its truely disgusting what they have done to our club and the fanbase, it really does sadden me.

I still get the excitment of a decent away game ( even though league one is shite) but the Ricoh is like going to the morgue due to the attendances and the shite that comes to visit in this league ( says shite as would do anything even for a season back in the championship with decent away followings)

Nick

Administrator
The days are long gone when we would actually stand up for the honour of our team

Nah, it was only this morning I sparked out an old woman at the bus stop because she wouldn't agree that CCFC were better than Wasps, Man Utd and Chelsea put together. Bitch better know. Would have properly gone to town but she said "ok ok Julian Gray hasn't gone", so I backed off.

hill83

Nah, it was only this morning I sparked out an old woman at the bus stop because she wouldn't agree that CCFC were better than Wasps, Man Utd and Chelsea put together. Bitch better know. Would have properly gone to town but she said "ok ok Julian Gray hasn't gone", so I backed off.

This needs a new thread and a poll. Silly old bint.

SkyBlueSid

This thread clearly shows the depths of depair we are in, I know a hell of a lot of city fans who used to be die hard home and away for 20 years but have found other hobbies / interests now who will never attend whilst this lot are here.

Its truely disgusting what they have done to our club and the fanbase, it really does sadden me.

I still get the excitment of a decent away game ( even though league one is shite) but the Ricoh is like going to the morgue due to the attendances and the shite that comes to visit in this league ( says shite as would do anything even for a season back in the championship with decent away followings)

This is the real tragedy of it all. Fisher, Seppala & Co never, ever understood the fanbase, which is of course their company's client base. They had no idea how the football fan thinks and how alienating them is virtually irreversible.

The fanbase was all but destroyed by the Northampton move. Even though they had a second chance when returning to the Ricoh, they have blown it all by all the rubbish from them since. I seriously think that the gates could be down towards last season's level, especially if we hit Division Four. Have any owners ever, in the history of the game, done such a destruction job on a club?

NorthernWisdom

I can't disagree. But flying high isn't needed for me. What I want is a team that plays for the shirt. A team that attacks. A team that can score goals. A team that can win games. All reasons to go to games.

The massive irony is we had that the start of last season.

Why the hell did he change the system to uber-defensive when we ended up in the right place?!?

shmmeee

Why the hell did he change the system to uber-defensive when we ended up in the right place?!?

Fear after we lost 60-odd goals and replaced them with Tudgay Id guess.

To OP: I've stopped going after not getting a ST straight away when there was no credit. Went to a few games, but was enjoying it less and less and the stuff away from the pitch is a nightmare. I can handle one or the other but not when it's even spread to the fans. The club needs a reset, both managerially and financially. Until then I'll be honest, it'll take something special on the pitch to make me forget the rest and get back down. Still, as long as I'm still checking here, I know the embers still burn and it won't take much to ignight them again.

Astute

Are you forgetting that we had the best strike partnership in Division 3 last season until Clarke left. And then Wilson got injured. That was when we found out that they had been covering his arse and showed him to be clueless.

NorthernWisdom

Are you forgetting that we had the best strike partnership in Division 3 last season until Clarke left. And then Wilson got injured. That was when we found out that they had been covering his arse and showed him to be clueless.

That doesn't mean the style has to change.

There's been a deliberate, willed decision to set up more negatively.

stupot07

That doesn't mean the style has to change.

There's been a deliberate, willed decision to set up more negatively.

Definitely. We now play with a 6 man defence and are set up to be completely reliant on strikers scoring goals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Astute

Last season we could leak goals and still win until we didn't have our strikeforce. Now we have just average players he can't work out any plan but keep ball in our own half.

WestEndAgro

Any chance of a dislike button, I've never read so much bollox ?

WestEndAgro

No I won't be, it's no fun anymore, never thought I would be this far removed from my club, it's not the club I fell for.

stupot07

Last season we could leak goals and still win until we didn't have our strikeforce. Now we have just average players he can't work out any plan but keep ball in our own half.

That sits squarely with Pressley. Only 2 teams have scored less goals per game than us, yet on paper we've had decent strikers here - Madine, tudguy, jackson, nouble, etc

Our big problem is the midfield, and our lack of transition from defence to attack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Astute

That sits squarely with Pressley. Only 2 teams have scored less goals per game than us, yet on paper we've had decent strikers here - Madine, tudguy, jackson, nouble, etc

Am I missing something here? Last season was the fault of SP. He was just lucky that our strikers kept scoring more than our defence let in. And we were happy as we kept winning whilst the games were very entertaining. He couldn't stop us from going forward. But our attacking players were either sold, were out of contract or were put into the bomb squad.

stupot07

Am I missing something here? Last season was the fault of SP. He was just lucky that our strikers kept scoring more than our defence let in. And we were happy as we kept winning whilst the games were very entertaining. He couldn't stop us from going forward. But our attacking players were either sold, were out of contract or were put into the bomb squad.

I agree, think we are agreeing? We were lucky last season and yes he's lost players but I still think he has had enough of a budget and squad this season to do better than we are doing. I posted the home stats. Truly awful, can't blame that on losing players, we had a better home record in our relegation season.

We're far too negative and have no plan b.....which is actually interesting that Alan Poole praised that as the reason we got the last minute equaliser.....how many games have we failed to get a point because of a lack of plan b?

SkyBlue_Bear83

I agree, think we are agreeing? We were lucky last season and yes he's lost players but I still think he has had enough of a budget and squad this season to do better than we are doing. I posted the home stats. Truly awful, can't blame that on losing players, we had a better home record in our relegation season.

We're far too negative and have no plan b.....which is actually interesting that Alan Poole praised that as the reason we got the last minute equaliser.....how many games have we failed to get a point because of a lack of plan b?

What was even funnier is how he compared it to van Gaal going long to Fellaini against West Ham.

Astute

I have been saying the same plus more all season.

I started to get worried the second half of last season. When I saw us pre season I said then that we were in for a long hard season. What I said was rubbished by most as was a couple others that agreed with me. Not only did we have the wrong type of players but we had lots of the ball whilst doing nothing with it. 6 months later nothing has changed. And I can't see it changing under SP either.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

LB87ccfc
user-offline.png

CCFC Manager Join DateDec 2012Last Online3 Hours AgoPosts1,252Threads44
305 Like Received In 189 Posts

[h=2]
icon1.png
[/h]
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by ashbyjan
No for me or my Dad - 40 years of Season Tickets (apart from Sixfields) but the inexorable slow descent into obscurity has simply killed my passion and love for something that was a huge part of my life and for that I will never forgive Sepalla, Fisher, Labovitch for not allowing me a place on the board and some biscuits during my silly ramblings with them.

Love the way you can still post shit on somebody elses post when you dont know what you're talking about

dongonzalos

And you have a pop at one of the most passionate of them for saying just that.

Wheelfass

Always ends up as a scrap doesnt it. Mate of mine who just browses the site says that.....there are some good opening threads but they always end up as arguments and insults within a dozen posts. Maybe it's because we have no success or ideas going forward that we can chat about.....I don't know. But he's right.....isn't he.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Always ends up as a scrap doesnt it. Mate of mine who just browses the site says that.....there are some good opening threads but they always end up as arguments and insults within a dozen posts. Maybe it's because we have no success or ideas going forward that we can chat about.....I don't know. But he's right.....isn't he.

Yes

Users who are viewing this thread