Idiots 2 (3 Viewers)

olderskyblue

Damn, I hate to agree with Nick... :-;

There were people near me standing and ironically clapping the fans by the scoreboard after the goal went in. People are getting more and more pissed off by it

But I think the point being missed by most on here isn't the goal, the stoppage etc. It's that the division between the fans is growing because of these disruptions.

That's playing into fishers hands. His spies reading this site must be reporting back with glee. He will soon be able to twist it that most fans agree with him about a "small group of troublemakers" all they are achieving is helping create his headline.

Nick

Administrator
Damn, I hate to agree with Nick... :-;

There were people near me standing and ironically clapping the fans by the scoreboard after the goal went in. People are getting more and more pissed off by it

But I think the point being missed by most on here isn't the goal, the stoppage etc. It's that the division between the fans is growing because of these disruptions.

That's playing into fishers hands. His spies reading this site must be reporting back with glee. He will soon be able to twist it that most fans agree with him about a "small group of troublemakers" all they are achieving is helping create his headline.

Exactly!!! It plays into his hands perfectly.

People can't see it.

MTK

I didn't hear any of the ironic clapping being talked about. I did hear cheers as the tennis balls went on the pitch but when the goal was scored, most people around me were pretty quiet. The voices I heard were complaining about the marking and goalkeeping, or lack of. Most people thought the tennis balls were irrelevant because it felt like a Millwall goal was only a matter of time. Not that they were creating loads more chances than us, they just looked like when they got a chance, through their play or our mistakes, they could possibly make it count. Unlike us.

letsallsingtogether

Amazing how it's all about trying to get everybody clicking on here.

Do you have the first fucking clue about trying to get clicks to a site or is it something somebody told you and you thought it sounded good?

It's hilarious when people go on about "getting clicks" as I am going completely the wrong way about it.
You go on about it all the time Nick.
Whenever the Cov Tel write anything you go ape shit about click bait.
Just repeating the master.
And all the Shit adverts I get on this site.

Nick

Administrator
I didn't hear any of the ironic clapping being talked about. I did hear cheers as the tennis balls went on the pitch but when the goal was scored, most people around me were pretty quiet. The voices I heard were complaining about the marking and goalkeeping, or lack of. Most people thought the tennis balls were irrelevant because it felt like a Millwall goal was only a matter of time. Not that they were creating loads more chances than us, they just looked like when they got a chance, through their play or our mistakes, they could possibly make it count. Unlike us.

Really? There were a fair few people who stood up and did it.

Amazing if people try to deny it happened.

Nick

Administrator
We lost because of tennis balls this week.
It is the fans fault they bought a type that only our players noticed.

There's certain people on this site so much in denial they might as well form the Coventry Branch of the Flat Earth Soceity.

There's certain people so blinded they think that a tennis ball is going to get rid of SISU and will blindly defend that sort of shit.

Somebody could dedicate them kicking a door to SISU and some people would be giving it the "at least they are doing something" line.

Gosford Green

There's certain people so blinded they think that a tennis ball is going to get rid of SISU and will blindly defend that sort of shit.

Somebody could dedicate them kicking a door to SISU and some people would be giving it the "at least they are doing something" line.

Right on cue. The Chairman of the Flat Earth Soceity.

If we played behind closed doors we'd be in the playoff places. Bloody fans have a lot to answer for destroying this team SISU have built.

Nick

Administrator
Right on cue. The Chairman of the Flat Earth Soceity.

If we played behind closed doors we'd be in the playoff places. Bloody fans have a lot to answer for destroying this team SISU have built.
Who has said that, ever?

Why does everybody blindly backing any stupid protest like this fail to actually say how it's helping ccfc and getting rid of sisu?

Just the same old standard lines.

No thought or brains behind it is there.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Totally agree Nick! Not objecting to demo but for Christmas sake why not do it when the game is in the middle and going nowhere
As Spock would say , It's illogical captain .

Some people might say there just thick . :wacky:

CharlesMore

It's about time every city fan who supports our club grew a pair and started to protest against SISU, the morally bankrupt owners of our football club or accept the certain death that will follow.

Can people not get it into their heads that after next season our club will again leave the city of Coventry, the franchise rugby club will not enter into a new rental agreement due to JR2 and who can blame them.

The owners are manufacturing this, like the last, relagation to further cut the budget to near non league levels knowing that the crowds next season will be down to 4-5k at best and it won't stop there in league 2.

We will be the first founder member of the premier league to have actually fallen through the divisions and out of the football league, perhaps into oblivion.

Now is not the time to berate fans for protesting, we ALL should be protesting.

Dazmataz

It's about time every city fan who supports our club grew a pair and started to protest against SISU, the morally bankrupt owners of our football club or accept the certain death that will follow.

Can people not get it into their heads that after next season our club will again leave the city of Coventry, the franchise rugby club will not enter into a new rental agreement due to JR2 and who can blame them.

The owners are manufacturing this, like the last, relagation to further cut the budget to near non league levels knowing that the crowds next season will be down to 4-5k at best and it won't stop there in league 2.

We will be the first founder member of the premier league to have actually fallen through the divisions and out of the football league, perhaps into oblivion.

Yeah, because throwing 10 tennis balls on the pitch is a great way to protest.

Oh and I was so happy that the protest way widely publicised before hand properly and not instigated by a couple of 13 year olds on Facebook about 10 minutes before the game.

Seriously the half hearted protests are woeful and embarrassing. No one wants Sisu at the club, but for fucks sake let's coordinate a protest that more than ten fans are aware of.

letsallsingtogether

nobody is blaming them for the second goal are they?
No but they would if they could.
People just making excuses for a piss poor team.
Getting all worked up over a few Tennis balls.
This team have scored only 2 goals this year both in the same game.
Should be up in arms for the team we have been forced to watch, we have made a million pound profit apparently and are watching a team that is worth a third of that collectively.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

As ever, a masters degree in hindsight. What do you suggest would be the best course of action ?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

So, Nick, what do you suggest the supporters should be doing ?

skybluetony176

Exactly
Les Reid and the likes are dragging them into it, as they want SISU to sell up and they want Tim Fisher to resign.
They do understand why it is happening so why can't they say that. As well as also saying they don't agree with it.
If that's the truth then that's what they should say.
Not what others want them to say to suit their opinion.

Exactly this. Well said Dong

Steve.B50

Both them and the trust needs to really distance from it and call for things like this to stop (without going on to then excuse it).

(Thats not me blaming them for it today either)

Nick
I am a member of the Trust but not on the Board or any official position but what ever they decide or do is up the them. However how can they distance themselves from what is going on when the vast majority of Trust members support the protests?
As for the JHW they were set up to bring all the smaller groups together but since then other organisations have set themselves up to protest against our owners and Fisher. As far as I am aware both the Trust and JHW group had absolutely nothing to do with anything today or last week.
As I said earlier all I knew about something going on today was on here and fueled by you and a few others.

As for further protests, personally I will make up my own mind if I wish to get involved or not and like most supporters I will do what ever I can to try and save my club. I care.
It's a personal choice for each and everyone of us, personally I more towards the darker side.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

nobody is blaming them for the second goal are they?
They are professionals they should keep their mind on the job for 90 minutes or is that to much to ask, by the way on a side issue we should have had 2 pens 1 for hand ball 1 for a clear shirt tug have not read all the posts but the ones I have I see no mention the ref takes more blame than some ball throwers.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

......ah but some people on here think the protests play into the hands of Tim Fisher, though they don't say how. If an Islamist terrorist blew up the subway in New York in protest at Trump's Muslim ban that would play into Trump's hands, but I hardly see how any of what has happened recently at our matches will help Tim Fisher.

Chip Batch

Right, the protest and scale was a bit shit yes, but it didn't annoy me and certainly didn't cost us a goal. That was Burge. To suggest the tennis balls cost us is fucking nuts. What has cost us the other 12 league games in a row that we've failed to win before today? Colour of paint in the dressing room? Variety of pies available?

Nick

Administrator
Nick
I am a member of the Trust but not on the Board or any official position but what ever they decide or do is up the them. However how can they distance themselves from what is going on when the vast majority of Trust members support the protests?
As for the JHW they were set up to bring all the smaller groups together but since then other organisations have set themselves up to protest against our owners and Fisher. As far as I am aware both the Trust and JHW group had absolutely nothing to do with anything today or last week.
As I said earlier all I knew about something going on today was on here and fueled by you and a few others.

As for further protests, personally I will make up my own mind if I wish to get involved or not and like most supporters I will do what ever I can to try and save my club. I care.
It's a personal choice for each and everyone of us, personally I more towards the darker side.

A thread was started about tennis balls, it had been on Facebook all week.

Should I delete any mention then?

Of course you didn't know anything about tennis balls, ok then ;) ;)

Users who are viewing this thread