Idiots 2 (2 Viewers)

Great_Expectations

You make some interesting points and make them well.
However im not sure you can present 'fact' as above.
This is a passionate game..a passion for life...'more important than' to quote.
I cant condone or condemn those who express their frustrations in this way but as in previous post accepting that fan disruptions have cost us points as 'fact' ;
What of the other defeats this season what are the data driven facts telling us?
Why do fans protest?
What else can they (we) do to rid our club of this regime?

I don't think you can say as absolute fact the protests have costs us points, but I do think you can make an argument for a correlation between the two.

I am not suggesting (and I don't think anyone is to be fair) that the protests are the sole reason for us losing points, there's no hiding we are tactically clueless and have suffered embarrassments to the profession such as Wright and Agyei this season, but I do believe they are a contributing factor.

From a players perspective; if in any other place of work you felt those who were supposed to be supporting you were more interested in protesting/disrupting your job rather than supporting, and/or you were worried at any moment they may turn on you, surely that will impact your atttitude and mentality i.e. the players on the pitch. I accept it isn't a great analogy as football is a unique industry (!), but the main point being if players are rightly or wrongly worried about external factors, concentration will be affected.

In terms of why fans protest, I'll assume that was rhetorical - nobody is arguing against doing "something" but, bar Sheff U, the protests have been poorly organised and ineffective.

What else can we do? Again there's been various suggestions, but my overriding view is that protests during games will have zero impact on SISU, but will on the players/club. We need to target SISU in an area they care about, not at a football game where they aren't even represented. Again, nights like Sheff U, where it's on tele are an exception due to the exposure it can create, but it should be done before/after/at HT.

Final point - consistently repeating protests will diminish the impact of them. Compare Sheff U coverage against the tennis balls on Saturday.

We all want SISU out.

chiefdave

How is this still going on? To me its simple. On more than one occasion a goal has been conceded after a protest.

It may or may not be connected but surely if there's the slightest chance that the protests are affecting the team then they stop, or at the very least are timed better.

Grendel

I've got it. Only throw balls and blow whistles when opposition are defending a corner. Obviously only affects the defending team!

Why don't managers tend to make subs when defending set pieces?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Speaking of idiots, there is one tool on one of the Facebook pages demanding that the 9,000 people that purchased tickets explain why individually.

We're 'traitors' apparently.

olderskyblue

So, if you are going to protest tonight, then do it this way.... (It's not quite what it sounds like though)

"Pitch invader scores last-gasp equaliser in Honduran league game - and unbelievably the goal stands"

ecky

How is this still going on? To me its simple. On more than one occasion a goal has been conceded after a protest.

It may or may not be connected but surely if there's the slightest chance that the protests are affecting the team then they stop, or at the very least are timed better.
When would you say is a good time to protest against Sisu?

Nick

Administrator

Probably not when we are defending a corner, when SISU aren't there anyway ;)

A better suggestion is surely a place where they are, at a time they are 100% there?

chiefdave

If its a protest against SISU then in all honesty I don't think protesting at a match is going to have any impact. There's nobody from SISU there and even if there was they don't care about the fans or the football side of things. Even Fisher can't be bothered to turn up half the time.

But if people do want to protest at a match I'd say pre-match, half-time and post-match minimise impact on the players. If it has to be during the game then make it a protest that won't be detrimental (for example don't blow a whistle when the players might think its the ref and stop) and not at a critical point of the game (for example an opposition corner). Ideally I'd say as with the Charlton protest the opening stages of the game before things really get started is ideal.

dadgad

We should protest at every god given opportunity because it is the best form of psychic defence against the shit that is being served up.
Grow a backbone ffs.

ecky

If its a protest against SISU then in all honesty I don't think protesting at a match is going to have any impact. There's nobody from SISU there and even if there was they don't care about the fans or the football side of things. Even Fisher can't be bothered to turn up half the time.

But if people do want to protest at a match I'd say pre-match, half-time and post-match minimise impact on the players. If it has to be during the game then make it a protest that won't be detrimental (for example don't blow a whistle when the players might think its the ref and stop) and not at a critical point of the game (for example an opposition corner). Ideally I'd say as with the Charlton protest the opening stages of the game before things really get started is ideal.
The owners need to be publicised like you say the ground is not the "ideal" place but everyone is different and some feel the ground is the only place to make their feelings heard and seen

Sky is there tonight I hope we win because Wembley would be a great place for one really well coordinated protest?

Nick

Administrator
The owners need to be publicised like you say the ground is not the "ideal" place but everyone is different and some feel the ground is the only place to make their feelings heard and seen

Sky is there tonight I hope we win because Wembley would be a great place for one really well coordinated protest?
Great place for a football match !

Nick

Administrator
So it's from the horse's mouth that it affects players.

Case closed, concentrate on supporting like last night.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Well, the party's well and truly over on here now and normal services resumed. Nick , just watch the replay of the goal over and over and over and.........

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Great. Well done.

Rodders1

I suppose the ultimate question is - if everyone is in agreement that we want SISU gone. What can we do other than protest?

Are the results in the short term and subsequent / possible relegation worth getting them out?

Having said that I do not know if these protests work. TF seemed pissed when we do protest - but not sure if this will lead to a sale of the club?

Users who are viewing this thread