Humble pie (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2477
  • Start date

Grendel

Exactly he wanted me to bet against one of our own players last week (Kelly ) having a good season. Then he called me a bottler for not wanting to take the bet. I would never want to bet against one of our own players or the team. Or as you say with him.

the whole forum saw you bottle it - big talk then when it gets down to it it’s a eunuch

Sick Boy

Weird none of the experts have apologised yet for the abuse I received for predicting the two strikers would be released at the end of last season.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Love it! Hahaha so anyone that doesn't wish to engage in betting with you is bottling it. You clearly live in cloud cuckoo land. I don't even want to engage with you on here...why would I take a bet with you.? Lunatic

Yeah you even get digs when you pay the bet.

Londonccfcfan

you clearly do
This forum wouldn't be the same without your opinion tbh and everyone's else's. Glad we don't think the same.

Ridiculing others opinions is a bit low life. That's where the line is drawn. Seriously your no expert but I do do respect it.

Calista

I wasn't particularly keen on Gyokeres, and still have some reservations about his end product, but last night was one of the best lone striker performances I've seen at the club in years.
To be more exact, you said "He looks utterly hopeless to me. Too slow both physically and mentally, and clumsy to boot." :)

Fair enough though for acknowledging how well he's playing now. But you weren't alone and there might not be enough pie to go around. Here's a few more quotes about Gyokores from the Sky Blues Talk school of talent spotting.

"He's so cumbersome. I cannot stand Baka but rather have him"
"Useless"
"Another classic waste of budget"
"Looked like he had his shoes on the wrong feet"
"He's not very good is he"
"I think we can safely say we won't be looking to bring him back next season"
"Absolutely woeful player"
" … slow, touch is poor, movement is poor and wins very little in the air."
"He's very poor, thank fuck he's only a loan"

and (always nice when someone expresses an opinion on behalf of everybody else!)
"Let’s be honest, this guy is entirely forgettable, and if he signed somewhere else tomorrow, not a single one of us would care"

Viktor has shown a lot of promise from day one IMO, but had all his strengths ignored and got slaughtered for any errors. Luckily you can't get someone like him down, he's like Tigger.

COV

To be more exact, you said "He looks utterly hopeless to me. Too slow both physically and mentally, and clumsy to boot." :)

Fair enough though for acknowledging how well he's playing now. But you weren't alone and there might not be enough pie to go around. Here's a few more quotes about Gyokores from the Sky Blues Talk school of talent spotting.

"He's so cumbersome. I cannot stand Baka but rather have him"
"Useless"
"Another classic waste of budget"
"Looked like he had his shoes on the wrong feet"
"He's not very good is he"
"I think we can safely say we won't be looking to bring him back next season"
"Absolutely woeful player"
" … slow, touch is poor, movement is poor and wins very little in the air."
"He's very poor, thank fuck he's only a loan"

and (always nice when someone expresses an opinion on behalf of everybody else!)
"Let’s be honest, this guy is entirely forgettable, and if he signed somewhere else tomorrow, not a single one of us would care"

Viktor has shown a lot of promise from day one IMO, but had all his strengths ignored and got slaughtered for any errors. Luckily you can't get someone like him down, he's like Tigger.

kind of sums it up- one minute he’s written off as hopeless, the next it’s the best performance in years. Clueless knee jerk stuff, one extreme to the other.

and that last one has to be Saddlebrains- he always says that- “let’s be honest” 😆

Ccfcisparks

Ahem

Grendel

The thread for those to reflect on rash, negative posts that they have made this season about the players and Robins. Feel free to confess your sins or allow others to nominate you.

ill start by nominating Grendel wanting Robins replaced by Jacket. Feel free Grendel to admit the error of your ways

giphy.gif

Id imagine you will be eating plenty of it unless you can prove Tommy Robinson hacked your account in the last 24 hours

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

8 more points than last season and with an established championship team rather than what was essentially a bloated league one team. Again, I like Micky but if you were to suggest that Micky at his peak of managerial ability for us would have done as well last season as MR did with the same team I just wouldn’t buy it.
To be honest he had more points and finished higher so yeah - doesn’t matter if they were established, if I recall we survived by the skin of our teeth by beating Derby 6-2 last home game of the previous season.

so yeah - technically Adams is our most successfully manager in the last 20 years given that he finished 28th in the English pyramid, but also on the metric you’d argue Strachan was (19th in the prem) I get the point Grendel was making.

pretty sure Robins spent more money than Adams aswell achieving that position

In terms of raw success (trophies and promotions) Robins is arguably our most successful manager ever

letsallsingtogether

His defence of Biamou was shameful
Really the shameful comments about Biamou on here was a disgrace.
No matter how he played he was blamed for every loss, when you have a hatred for someone you just never let go or give credit.
Funny how he was a member along with Robins in the team that has been our most successful for over a decade.
From promotion to keeping us in the Championship.
PUSB.
Sorry but I wont appologise for liking all of our team.

wingy

To be honest he had more points and finished higher so yeah - doesn’t matter if they were established, if I recall we survived by the skin of our teeth by beating Derby 6-2 last home game of the previous season.

so yeah - technically Adams is our most successfully manager in the last 20 years given that he finished 28th in the English pyramid, but also on the metric you’d argue Strachan was (19th in the prem) I get the point Grendel was making.

In terms of raw success (trophies and promotions) Robins is arguably our most successful manager ever
Think we'd have to examine the financial spend on the basis of the second last sentence.
From memory turnover was around £11M
Wages around £14M and spend was circa £22M. But without checking it might be for a different year , of course we had Wise that season or half of it and no doubt would have got promoted had he joined us fit in that summer.

COV

Really the shameful comments about Biamou on here was a disgrace.
No matter how he played he was blamed for every loss, when you have a hatred for someone you just never let go or give credit.
Funny how he was a member along with Robins in the team that has been our most successful for over a decade.
From promotion to keeping us in the Championship.
PUSB.
Sorry but I wont appologise for liking all of our team.

I agree- we all know his limitations but the way he’s been turned into a total pariah & written off as if he was utter garbage, it’s just attention seeking really.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Think we'd have to examine the financial spend on the basis of the second last sentence.
From memory turnover was around £11M
Wages around £14M and spend was circa £22M. But without checking it might be for a different year , of course we had Wise that season or half of it and no doubt would have got promoted had he joined us fit in that summer.
It’s more how far you want to determine success - 8th in the championship is our highest league finish since we dropped from the premier league. Technically making Adams the most successful in the last 20 years

im In the camp that looks at what’s been won for me the clubs most successful managers read:
Sillett - Won our sole major honour
Hill - Took us from bottom to top flight
Robins - Bottom to 2nd division, and a checkatrade - get us promoted to the prem he jumped to 2nd

as Grendel has eluded to in the past - winning in the 4th division doesn’t make you a better manager than say someone who kept us up in the top flight

COV

don’t understand how Adams can be our most successful manager in the last 20 years and Robins be our most successful manager ever

COV

It’s more how far you want to determine success - 8th in the championship is our highest league finish since we dropped from the premier league. Technically making Adams the most successful in the last 20 years

im In the camp that looks at what’s been won for me the clubs most successful managers read:
Sillett - Won our sole major honour
Hill - Took us from bottom to top flight
Robins - Bottom to 2nd division, and a checkatrade - get us promoted to the prem he jumped to 2nd

as Grendel has eluded to in the past - winning in the 4th division doesn’t make you a better manager than say someone who kept us up in the top flight

Heresy to say it, but if by some miracle Robins got us promoted he’d be number one, even better than Hill.

wingy

don’t understand how Adams can be our most successful manager in the last 20 years and Robins be our most successful manager ever
I think it's the trajectory really,9 or so wins in a season under Adams would have been receiving stinging criticism.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

but what is your metric?
Personal metric is quantity, I was just saying I see what Grendel was saying.

Robins for me is 3rd most successful manager for the club. He’s had 2 lower league promotions and 1 minor trophy, doesn’t make him more successful or better than Sillet’s FA Cup

no manager has given us a higher league position than Adams in the past 20 years

Users who are viewing this thread