Humble pie (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2477
  • Start date

COV

Then again, Cantwell didn’t win trophies but he took us into Europe. Could also be argued to be more successful than Robins and Hill

true- I don’t think you could put him above hill though as he literally transformed the entire club. Cantwell said he was ‘haunted by the ghost of Jimmy Hill’ at HR, but he did at least inherit a boom club getting 35,000 every game and a generous chairman.

baldy

Hmmm….the season’s only a few games old plus we’ve beaten Forest,who have looked poor for over a season now,and newly promoted Blackpool
It‘s definitely an encouraging start but let’s not get carried away after just 3 games

Cov kid 55

kind of sums it up- one minute he’s written off as hopeless, the next it’s the best performance in years. Clueless knee jerk stuff, one extreme to the other.

and that last one has to be Saddlebrains- he always says that- “let’s be honest” 😆
And to be fair, when the ‘let’s be honest’ post was made, a number of posters jumped in and said ‘I would care if he was sold’. Gyokeres did have a small number of supporters last season.

Gint11

The biggest humble pie should be to those fans who fear the worst when we lose pre season friendlies!!!

Reactions: COV

Dog

Robins for me.

How many managers have had so many things to contend with yet achieve more than expected most seasons? How many managers have managed a top 5 finish? And Robins managed it without even playing a proper home game all season.

Greggs

For me the biggest steal this season has been Moore.
so much more reassured and oozes confidence in the box when crosses come in.
really made a difference to the team this season
took that cross in the 95th minute, was very refreshing

Londonccfcfan

The thread for those to reflect on rash, negative posts that they have made this season about the players and Robins. Feel free to confess your sins or allow others to nominate you.

ill start by nominating Grendel wanting Robins replaced by Jacket. Feel free Grendel to admit the error of your ways

giphy.gif

Last 12 games in championship. Won 8.

Won 8
Drew 1
Lost 3
25 points.

Saddlebrains

Jamie Allen.

Looks every bit a championship player at the moment and i wanted him shipped out. Fair play to him.

Still stick by wanting Jobello, Hillsner, Shipley and Drysdale off the books though

SkyBlueGuy

Jamie Allen.

Looks every bit a championship player at the moment and i wanted him shipped out. Fair play to him.

Still stick by wanting Jobello, Hillsner, Shipley and Drysdale off the books though

Not sure what's happened with Drysdale? Seemed highly thought of again, but didn't seem great in preseason. I guess he's still young, but doesn't seem to have progressed enough. I'd give him another loan if we can find a suitable one then make a decision on him at the end of the season. That said, if the feeling is that he isn't going to make it, maybe best to save the wages where we can.

Agree with the others. I don't know why, but I get the feeling that Shipley has rested on his laurels a little having established himself a little in league 1, where he really needed to kick on (particularly with his fitness levels)

lordy_87

Not sure what's happened with Drysdale? Seemed highly thought of again, but didn't seem great in preseason. I guess he's still young, but doesn't seem to have progressed enough. I'd give him another loan if we can find a suitable one then make a decision on him at the end of the season. That said, if the feeling is that he isn't going to make it, maybe best to save the wages where we can.
He's looked shite every time I've seen him. Received pelters when I mentioned it too. People making out that he's the second coming of Baresi.

Grendel

He's looked shite every time I've seen him. Received pelters when I mentioned it too. People making out that he's the second coming of Baresi.

Drysdale isn’t good enough

fatso

Drysdale isn’t good enough
Agreed, he's not actually that young either now, he's the same age as Ostigard which shows you how far behind he is in terms of his development.
For my money he needs to be moved on, along with Jobello, Hilsner, Pask and Shipley. That would give some of the other young lads a route into the first team squad as well as freeing up some wages.

SBT

Me after freaking out about signing Gyokeres in the summer and seeing him play in the flesh for the first time:
giphy.gif

CDK

Two things,robins,adams.robins for what he's won trophy wise .
Also wondered when max biamou would get dragged into yet another topic.

Northants Sky Blue

Just a quick order for 3 slices please -

1) Yok - who is this Hucks+Dele+Juke monster!? Let's get this lad's song sorted a.s.a.p
2) Allen - wtf has happened here, seriously :love:

3) City supporters - was expecting c.14k home fans if mid-table. The team's stepped up and so has the crowd in size and volume. We've brought the Meadow Lane vibes to the Ricoh 👏

Users who are viewing this thread