Humble pie (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2477
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2477

The thread for those to reflect on rash, negative posts that they have made this season about the players and Robins. Feel free to confess your sins or allow others to nominate you.

ill start by nominating Grendel wanting Robins replaced by Jacket. Feel free Grendel to admit the error of your ways

giphy.gif

TomRad85

The thread for those to reflect on rash, negative posts that they have made this season about the players and Robins. Feel free to confess your sins or allow others to nominate you.

ill start by nominating Grendel wanting Robins replaced by Jacket. Feel free Grendel to admit the error of your ways

giphy.gif
I've kept rather quiet start of this season and waited to see rather than looking a fool, but Allen for me too. He was in my bomb squad but now he's just in well, the regular squad.
Also Sheaf to an extent, although I've never been a Sheaf knocker and often defended him from the utter bollocks people come out with, I still thought we'd need another CM in and in my mind Sheaf would be back up. Seems he's more than good enough to start and has arguably been better than Hamer so far.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Said it after the Forest game but will add backtracking cream to my humble pie in Moore. Absolutely outstanding last night with his saves. Not just good enough, a massive upgrade on recent years keepers. Looks the business.

Allen too, had him in my personal bomb squad and never been impressed by him, though will caveat with the fact he was playing L1 opposition.

Waghorn looked a little better in his cameo but still holding out in him, and Brights got some way to go.

The other way I’ve defended Dacosta, but like the man himself finding it hard to defend at the moment.

Grendel

Shouldn't this be on the Sunderland forum?

SAJ

Yeah that was weird- the complete meltdown after totally meaningless friendlies
Trouble is it’s like it every year.
Even when we won league 1 many we’re having fits that we hadn’t won a away match by December but we’re still in the top 6.
Robins has said for years now he uses pre season friendlies mainly to improve fitness. As fans we ought to listen and have a little more faith, after all he’s delivered from the moment he arrived.
Wait till results go wrong they will crawl out of the woodwork again.

COV

Trouble is it’s like it every year.
Even when we won league 1 many we’re having fits that we hadn’t won a away match by December but we’re still in the top 6.
Robins has said for years now he uses pre season friendlies mainly to improve fitness. As fans we ought to listen and have a little more faith, after all he’s delivered from the moment he arrived.
Wait till results go wrong they will crawl out of the woodwork again.

That is something I just don't get- by this stage you would have thought people would see the guy kind of knows what he's doing, yet it was "he's fucked the budget on players we don't need", "something is going on" etc, someone even thought Robins was going to resign at one stage didn't they?

Then again its only 3 games...

Last edited:

skybluereeve

I would like to see him up against mid table or higher. Let’s face it Blackpool will be around the bottom. Having said that I’m really pleased for the lad. Few more like that please.

Northeast sky blue

While we've made a good start, it's early days, i think we look weak on the left, hopefully Robins strengthens before the transfer window closes

D

Deleted member 2477

For my sins I thought Gyokeres was a poor signing and a waste of a signing. We needed a striker who would be more clinical. Looks like I was wrong

steve cooper

Said it after the Forest game but will add backtracking cream to my humble pie in Moore. Absolutely outstanding last night with his saves. Not just good enough, a massive upgrade on recent years keepers. Looks the business.

Allen too, had him in my personal bomb squad and never been impressed by him, though will caveat with the fact he was playing L1 opposition.

Waghorn looked a little better in his cameo but still holding out in him, and Brights got some way to go.

The other way I’ve defended Dacosta, but like the man himself finding it hard to defend at the moment.
Yes, Moore was a total unknown quantity to most of us having played so few first team games, but the thing that encouraged me about him was how many people who had worked with him spoke so highly of him. Even supporters of his previous clubs generally thought highly of him, or so it seemed.

shmmeee

That is something I just don't get- by this stage you would have thought people would see the guy kind of knows what he's doing, yet it was "he's fucked the budget on players we don't need", "something is going on" etc, someone even thought Robins was going to resign at one stage didn't they?

I still think something went on. We clearly changed the players were after. We’ve just got a miracle worker and other than Walker have no one important injured right now. Let’s hope it stays that way. I don’t fancy Dacosta at LWB or Dabo at CB too much this season.

And you’ve got to question if our highest earner really is on the bench after three games with his main competition out.

Grendel

Well we have run out of money and its clear we cannot now buy before we sell. Robins certainly will not resign - he prefers his eggs sisu side up

Hertsccfc

I will readily admit I wasn't sure about Gyokeres, but am delighted he is proving wrong.

Dare I say it i am still not convinced about Allen, and didn't really see it last night either.

lifeskyblue

Wondered after the Sevilla friendly if we had gone backwards on the goalkeeping front. Happy to say Moore is proving that he is more than capable at this level.
The jury still out on Bright. Mind you it might be a fair few games before we even have sight of him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeaSeeEffCee

I wasn't particularly keen on Gyokeres, and still have some reservations about his end product, but last night was one of the best lone striker performances I've seen at the club in years.

Last edited:

SlowerThanPlatt

So not only do you have the taxi number on quick redial so Robins can be got rid of for the last few years but you also know the squad budget and how much of it has been used.

I bow to your knowledge.

Tbf it’s what the manager said - he could do with a couple more but due to finances will have to settle for one

COV

I still think something went on. We clearly changed the players were after. We’ve just got a miracle worker and other than Walker have no one important injured right now. Let’s hope it stays that way. I don’t fancy Dacosta at LWB or Dabo at CB too much this season.

And you’ve got to question if our highest earner really is on the bench after three games with his main competition out.

I’m not disagreeing with you however I would argue about Waghorn- he’s been bought to fulfil a role in the squad so I don’t have any problem if MR thinks he’s best used to come on.

COV

Well we have run out of money and its clear we cannot now buy before we sell. Robins certainly will not resign - he prefers his eggs sisu side up

lay it on the line- do you think Robins has been/ is one of our best managers?

skyblueinBaku

I wasn't particularly keen on Gyokeres, and still have some reservations about his end product, but last night was one of the best loan striker performances I've seen at the club in years.
"loan striker"? I thought that we signed him from Brighton permanently.

skybluetony176

giphy.gif
This season? Try every season he’s ever started as manager for us.

Users who are viewing this thread