Match Thread U23s v Charlton (1 Viewer)

cc84cov

To play where?

If we wanted to try a system with wingers, sure we could use him but he's the only natural winger available now so it's square pegs in round holes on the other side.
As an option at cam of off the front

better days

Eccles had a penalty saved
Bad luck on the lad, he scored 2 in a recent game so another would have helped his chances
Reid now on for LB Joe Newton

Legia Sky Blue

Given Da Costa's shaky defensive performances, playing Jobello at RWB probably wouldn't weaken us much defensively, but would definitely improve our attacking threat. Clearly not going to happen though if he can't even make it on the bench for the U23's.

D

Deleted member 11652

Think hes been given a bad wrap based on the limited games hes had here. Don't think we would be any worse off having played him over Biamou in all honesty.

Not at all. Both him and Baka would have contributed more than Biamou had they been given the game time. However, Biamou is our only fit striker so we have to play him👍🏻

Briles

Whos that 4th scorer??

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210322-150948_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210322-150948_Samsung Internet.jpg
    377.5 KB · Views: 57

better days

This could be good news on Gyokeres
Nothing like scoring a couple to give a confidence boost
On Jobello I heard he's been having some niggles with his knee so that may be why he's not involved today

Philosorapter

Kind of impressive when lots of different players score.

TomRad85

Whos that 4th scorer??
Only player I could find with this name
98bda59a31ee2766e04ede8738be5ee3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

better days

Bit weird to pull a name like that out of nowhere though isn't it. Someones cat must have walked over the keyboard.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Definitely
As far as I know we haven't had any overseas players on trial so maybe just a cock up

SBT

So Baka, Shipley and Gyokeres help us canter to victory, and I'm supposed to believe that the U23 games are a grueling test of elite match fitness?

better days

So Baka, Shipley and Gyokeres help us canter to victory, and I'm supposed to believe that the U23 games are a grueling test of elite match fitness?
Don't think you're supposed to believe that - especially if you've watched a few U23 games
But better than some pros who don't try a leg when called into these games

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Good result in many respects.
I would really like to watch these games. I know this has been mentioned before by some people and in many ways more interesting and a lot less worrying I can imagine.
Lets hope this has a positive outcome to the team and our prospects.

johnwillomagic

Well Baka, Gyokeres and Shipley can only put in good performances at this level to get in manager's eye - they have all scored.
Good to get minutes in the legs, goals for confidence and hopefully should increase competition for start xi next match.

The first xi have been a bit lethargic imo last few games - some need kicks up the backside either by dropping them or knowing people waiting in the wings have put in a good showing - I think and sincerely hope we will be much better when we do play next than the previous two matches,

Reactions: AOM

fatso

Feel a bit sorry for Jobello. He looked ok at the start of last season & worked really hard to get fit again but he's returned to a team that no longer plays with wingers so can't get a look in. Just bad luck.
Not really, he's had plenty of time to re invent himself. It's up to the player to push himself to fit into the system, it's not as if he's a goalkeeper. If hed of made an effort to become a striker, he would definitely of got a chance, instead we had to recruit Gyökeres instead, and look how that turned out!

Hobo

Disproves that we can't put first teamers in because of covid
Maybe but it is also before Intrenational break that gives isolation time if required.

Users who are viewing this thread