how would our current lot do v the relegated 2012 team (1 Viewer)

skybluesam66

Murphy Marosi
Christie Dabo
Hussey McCallum
Cranie Hyam
Wood McFazdean
Keogh Rose
Thomas Kelly
Bigi Walsh
McSheffrey O hare
Baker Allen
Platt Godden

so without bias - which of the Championship relegation team would get into our current team
Keogh ? any more?

Mask

I always rated Murphy, Wood and Keogh. I think they could each have a spot in the team somewhere, especially if we're talking about them in their prime. McSheffrey on a good day would make it in on ability but not sure he'd work in the current setup.

I was always just a big fan of Bigi, Christie and Baker but I don't think they'd fit in now and have easily been surpassed by our current players.

Reactions: TTG

SlowerThanPlatt

I always rated Murphy, Wood and Keogh. I think they could each have a spot in the team somewhere, especially if we're talking about them in their prime. McSheffrey on a good day would make it in on ability but not sure he'd work in the current setup.

I was always just a big fan of Bigi, Christie and Baker but I don't think they'd fit in now and have easily been surpassed by our current players.

Christie has played nearly 200 games at Championship level and is at Fulham who are third. Dabo is good but has proven nothing at that level yet

skybluesam66

Baker is a no from me - was ok at league 1 level , but never in the championship
Wood and Christie I will give you
Mcsheffrey - I think by then he was done
Keepers are a close call
so possibly 3 or 4 into this team - albeit we got relegated without a whimper back then

SlowerThanPlatt

Baker is a no from me - was ok at league 1 level , but never in the championship
Wood and Christie I will give you
Mcsheffrey - I think by then he was done
Keepers are a close call
so possibly 3 or 4 into this team - albeit we got relegated without a whimper back then
Cranie

kg82

It’s close between the defences. Midfield would be this seasons and also Godden over Platt. Was he really the first choice striker that year? That can’t be right. Juke left in January, right?

SlowerThanPlatt

It’s close between the defences. Midfield would be this seasons and also Godden over Platt. Was he really the first choice striker that year? That can’t be right. Juke left in January, right?
Yes he went to Boro and we got in Nimely from Man City

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Our end of season strike force was Platt and Nimely wasn’t it?

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

From that 11 I’d take Cranie, Wood, Keogh for the first team Murphy and Christie possibly. The midfield and strikeforce looks like one that would have struggled league 2

from the whole season Jutkiewicz would be a first pick

Mask

Christie has played nearly 200 games at Championship level and is at Fulham who are third. Dabo is good but has proven nothing at that level yet

Very true. I suppose it's easier to think about the form and quality of certain players in the team right now than those guys back then. Christie was always a favourite and I remember thinking he stood out above the rest. But while Dabo isn't yet proven at Championship level, I reckon all the signs are there and would give Christie a run for his money!

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

wilson was nowhere near the 1st team in 2012
and Juke was not in the relegated team - left half way
I’ll give you Wilson, but Juke was part of the first team and I’m pretty sure was still top scorer at the end despite leaving in January - May not have been in the last day team but was still in the squad

rhino1002

i think the answer lies in the attacking line up of that team in 2012
not anywhere near enough goals
it was the same with team that got relegated 3 years ago
the current team would be far better than the team in 2012 and certainly 2017

SlowerThanPlatt

Just for a clearer comparison the most used team that season was:

Murphy

Christie
Keogh
Cranie
Hussey

Bell
Clingan
Thomas
McSheffrey

Platt
Jutkiewicz

covcity4life

Murphy Marosi
Christie Dabo
Hussey McCallum
Cranie Hyam
Wood McFazdean
Keogh Rose
Thomas Kelly
Bigi Walsh
McSheffrey O hare
Baker Allen
Platt Godden

so without bias - which of the Championship relegation team would get into our current team
Keogh ? any more?
Wow that really makes you think doesnt it. Maybe we neednt worry about survival too much after all lol

Only keough or wood have a chsnce really. Oh and mcheffry but he left by relegation

stupot07

The only fair way would be to compare the best 11s that season, given that you have included loan players in the current team.

Murphy Marosi
Christie Dabo
Hussey McCallum
Cranie Hyam
Wood McFazdean
Keogh Rose
Clingan Kelly
Bigi Walsh
McSheffrey O hare
Norwood Allen
Juke Godden

Christie, Cranie, norwood and Juke definitely.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

TTG

Just for a clearer comparison the most used team that season was:

Murphy

Christie
Keogh
Cranie
Hussey

Bell
Clingan
Thomas
McSheffrey

Platt
Jutkiewicz
Ah, Sideways Sammy - probably more well known as a name for a blog rather than an actual plauer

Magwitch

None would necessarily make us better, Wood, Christie, Keogh, McSheffrey, Cranie would boost the squad, but none imo would walk into the first eleven. But a number of today’s group would get into that 2012 team.

Users who are viewing this thread