Head to Head: 2011/2012 team v 2012/2013 team (2 Viewers)

The CableGuy

Striker: I don't need to justify why tis season's striker is better than last season's McG will probably score more than all our strikers goals put to together by the time he goes back to Forest, hopefully coming back to us.

Jukebox was our leading scorer last season, with 9 goals - he left in January.

McG has...what, 15 already? Its not even Xmas yet! :eek:

Other players are scoring for fun as well.

Just loving the superior firepower this season. Before now it was rare that we would score more than 1 goal a game.

skybluegod

Imo the defense on whole this year is better we look more solid, and Christie is first choice where as Clarke was first choice under AT. Keogh was a better CB than wood but
Edge imo is better than craine. Our midfield now wins as big wasn't that good in the second half of season but he has a great future. Thomas i rate but couldn't do much in a bad team. the rest of midfield was crap apart from sheffers chipping in goals. our attack was awful last year not enough goals and DMC is so much better.

This season squad wins easily for me

Grendel

I don't trust newspapers either, yet I trust them more than SISU:)

But it wasn't the papers who first revealed that Ince was first choice now was it?

Mucca Mad Boys

Jukebox was our leading scorer last season, with 9 goals - he left in January.

McG has...what, 15 already? Its not even Xmas yet! :eek:

Other players are scoring for fun as well.

Just loving the superior firepower this season. Before now it was rare that we would score more than 1 goal a game.

Then Platt and Cody 4 each, Nimely 1, total 18 in league, McG has got 17 in all comps... He scores 2 before he goes back to Forest (or stays) and he scored more goals than all our strikers in all cops last year. In half the time!!!

skybluegod

Then Platt and Cody 4 each, Nimely 1, total 18 in league, McG has got 17 in all comps... He scores 2 before he goes back to Forest (or stays) and he scored more goals than all our strikers in all cops last year. In half the time!!!

sheffers? 11 last season he did play as a striker a few times

Mucca Mad Boys

sheffers? 11 last season he did play as a striker a few times

He was tip of diamond, I therefore class him as a midfielder... If McG stays, he'll probably score more than our strikers and McSheff put together from the 11/12 class.

skybluegod

He was tip of diamond, I therefore class him as a midfielder... If McG stays, he'll probably score more than our strikers and McSheff put together from the 11/12 class.

but as i said he played striker a few times and at least 5-6 of his goals came when playing as a striker.

Mucca Mad Boys

There is no gain in trying to compare the squads. One was led incompetently, the other competently.

The reason being Colonel, is that 1 is a Championship side, that could've stayed up, and the other is a side hoping for promotion, so if our L1 side is better than our Championship team, we should, in theory, get promoted.

skybluegod

No, he played like 3 games as a striker, also, he scored 4-5 pens.

a few games like said. so Dmc has scored a few pens? i went to 4-5 games where sheffers played a striker he scored 5 goals (yes 2 were pens). im not saying goldie wont beat all there goals put together i'm just saying that sheffers must be included in it.

Mucca Mad Boys

a few games like said. so Dmc has scored a few pens? i went to 4-5 games where sheffers played a striker he scored 5 goals (yes 2 were pens). im not saying goldie wont beat all there goals put together i'm just saying that sheffers must be included in it.

He played no more than 5 in 46, that doesn't constitute being classed as a striker - sorry.

Mucca Mad Boys

Hindsight that MR is a good manager not that AT is a bad one as we never found out

I think the fact we got relegated and wasted chances to stay up, + poor away record and fitness (hence conceding late goals) would certainly suggest he isn't any good.

To be rejected for the AFC Wimbledon job and various hop openings says it all for me. If he becomes a manager again, it'll be at a non-league team or L2 at best. Hopefully he asses his time at CCFC, learns from his mistakes and does well, not too well to over take us though.

dongonzalos

I believe you will find Mr Keys revealed it.........

Seriously! Where did that come from? The telegraph don't quote him. If he was aware then he will have a good source in the club or with ince. If its in the club that is worrying as he is adamant we are going under in a few months.

Grendel

Seriously! Where did that come from? The telegraph don't quote him. If he was aware then he will have a good source in the club or with ince. If its in the club that is worrying as he is adamant we are going under in a few months.

From memory I believe he made some comment sisu had screwed up again and the number 1 choice had rejected the deal. Robins was assumed the number one target and he was then appointed so keys blurted he was not the number one choice anyway.

As I say it's purely my recollection.

Keys has made many statements aimed and destabilising the club and as yet I don't think anything he has said has been proved correct.

dongonzalos

It kinda rings a bell and makes me feel uncomfortable. He is a very adamant SISU are skint. He says it on national radio yet they never challenge him.......

Mucca Mad Boys

He was cheap to begin with, that's why he got the job. Fact.

The main reason because he was a clear cut favourite for the job after a successful caretaker fan, most fans wanted him in, they compared Harrison & AT to Sillett & George Curtis!!! He pretty much had the job in the bag.

At the time, I doubt money even played that much of a role in signing him up. He was even wanted by other clubs.

Brighton Sky Blue

The main reason because he was a clear cut favourite for the job after a successful caretaker fan, most fans wanted him in, they compared Harrison & AT to Sillett & George Curtis!!! He pretty much had the job in the bag.

At the time, I doubt money even played that much of a role in signing him up. He was even wanted by other clubs.

Make no mistake, I'm confident he would've been hired regardless of how he did as caretaker-the fact he actually did alright was a bonus and made it justifiable. Part of me thinks the dallying over hiring Robins was to see if Shaw could win a few games and again justify his appointment. As it was he was so bloody awful they had no choice in the end.

Clarke is more of a defensive full back, Christie has proved this season that eh is more attacking. A full back should basically be a midfielder who can defend, so that position has improved. Keogh is greatly missed and will never be replaced, but Edje is doing well so that numbs the pain a little. For me, Cranie was over hyped. Woody has been much more consistent this season than Cranie was so we've improved in that area. Hussey should be playing every week. I have no idea why Robins is leaving him out cus he's a top class player. Adams is ok but Hussey is better. Dont get me started on Clingan. Glad that Crab has gone. Work captain ever. Olly was one of our best loan singings since Stephen Warnock. He's the next Paul Scholes, and i you have to think that if we stayed up, he would still be in that sky blue shirt. But if Huddersfield get relegated, maybe he could don the shirt again. Now that Moussa has brought his pace and agility tot he team, i dont think Bigi is as missed as he was at the start of the season. Sheffers is much worse than last season. I think that pen miss against Millwall shattered his confidence. Nimmers was the ultimate goal creator. I for one would love him to come back. Goldy is much more clinical than Cody, but with 3 game until he leaves, it could be Cody's time again. Personally, i prefer this season's team, cus they actually care. Clingan, Cranie, players like them, they didnt care if we won or lost. These players really go for it and fight for every ball. It might not be a high profile squad and we may be in the wrong league, but i know we can rise again with these lads on the books. PUSB!

Mucca Mad Boys

Make no mistake, I'm confident he would've been hired regardless of how he did as caretaker-the fact he actually did alright was a bonus and made it justifiable. Part of me thinks the dallying over hiring Robins was to see if Shaw could win a few games and again justify his appointment. As it was he was so bloody awful they had no choice in the end.

You've contradicted yourself here, you've said Thorn would've been appointed regardless, but for Shaw, he needed results to get his job? :thinking about:

Thorn got the job because he deserved it, we played some great football, with some encouraging results + performances e.g. Pompey 3-0 away, Watford 2-0 (could've been at least 4-0!), Millwall at home and more, he also deserved to get sacked - when he did as well!

Don't turn AT's hiring into an anti SISU agenda, Thorn was a legitimate candidate for the job and deserved to get hired.

skybluegod

Clarke is more of a defensive full back, Christie has proved this season that eh is more attacking. A full back should basically be a midfielder who can defend, so that position has improved. Keogh is greatly missed and will never be replaced, but Edje is doing well so that numbs the pain a little. For me, Cranie was over hyped. Woody has been much more consistent this season than Cranie was so we've improved in that area. Hussey should be playing every week. I have no idea why Robins is leaving him out cus he's a top class player. Adams is ok but Hussey is better. Dont get me started on Clingan. Glad that Crab has gone. Work captain ever. Olly was one of our best loan singings since Stephen Warnock. He's the next Paul Scholes, and i you have to think that if we stayed up, he would still be in that sky blue shirt. But if Huddersfield get relegated, maybe he could don the shirt again. Now that Moussa has brought his pace and agility tot he team, i dont think Bigi is as missed as he was at the start of the season. Sheffers is much worse than last season. I think that pen miss against Millwall shattered his confidence. Nimmers was the ultimate goal creator. I for one would love him to come back. Goldy is much more clinical than Cody, but with 3 game until he leaves, it could be Cody's time again. Personally, i prefer this season's team, cus they actually care. Clingan, Cranie, players like them, they didnt care if we won or lost. These players really go for it and fight for every ball. It might not be a high profile squad and we may be in the wrong league, but i know we can rise again with these lads on the books. PUSB!

Are you mad? Hussey is crap. What games have you been too? Adams is a lot better than Hussey Adams's crosses are superb and he is a lot more solid than Hussey at defending. I used to rate Hussey but he has been awful this season and the majority of last. I believe he has talent but he apparently has behavioral issues and he hasn't knuckled down under MR.

Brighton Sky Blue

You've contradicted yourself here, you've said Thorn would've been appointed regardless, but for Shaw, he needed results to get his job? :thinking about:

Thorn got the job because he deserved it, we played some great football, with some encouraging results + performances e.g. Pompey 3-0 away, Watford 2-0 (could've been at least 4-0!), Millwall at home and more, he also deserved to get sacked - when he did as well!

Don't turn AT's hiring into an anti SISU agenda, Thorn was a legitimate candidate for the job and deserved to get hired.

Different people in charge at the top so not much of a contradiction-Dulieu seemed determined to take cost cutting to the absolute extreme; if Thorn was truly first choice then why was he not backed as such in the market? A cheap yes man who wouldn't object (or would be too afraid of losing his pay cheque) to his team being dismantled with no replacements. As for Shaw-he was on a longer term contract which would've meant a greater cost in getting rid were a new manager to come in; clearly Fisher considered it more costly in the long run to keep him than to hire Robins and let him go.

Are you mad? Hussey is crap. What games have you been too? Adams is a lot better than Hussey Adams's crosses are superb and he is a lot more solid than Hussey at defending. I used to rate Hussey but he has been awful this season and the majority of last. I believe he has talent but he apparently has behavioral issues and he hasn't knuckled down under MR.
I'm actually a season ticket holder so i know what im talking about. Personally, i think Adams is a better defender, but i think a full-back should basically be a winger who can defend, and Hussey's crosses and attacking play is better in my opinion

hill83

I'm actually a season ticket holder so i know what im talking about. Personally, i think Adams is a better defender, but i think a full-back should basically be a winger who can defend, and Hussey's crosses and attacking play is better in my opinion

Is this the Adams who has put in multiple crosses and setup goals, the likes of which hussey can only dream of?

Edit: That being said a quick check suggests they both have 2 assists in the league. But the results since Adams came into the team sway heavily in his favour.

And just because you are a season ticket holder doesn't automatically mean you know what you are talking about.

Last edited:
Is this the Adams who has put in multiple crosses and setup goals, the likes of which hussey can only dream of?

Edit: That being said a quick check suggests they both have 2 assists in the league. But the results since Adams came into the team sway heavily in his favour.

And just because you are a season ticket holder doesn't automatically mean you know what you are talking about.

Well i think i do and personally, i prefer Hussey. Adams is gonna go back to Sunderland after his loan and Hussey will show everyone what he's made of. I think its unfair that he hasn't been given a chance under MR. If you dont like him, thats your opinion, but personally, i think Hussey has better pace, agility and crossing ability. He sounds good on away days but from what i've actually seen, Adams isn't as good as Hussey. That could change against PNE though

Users who are viewing this thread