Heat (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I'm no expert but I'm guessing the heat is just lighting the dry grass? FB_IMG_1658253533987.jpg

Reactions: AOM

ccfcrob

It certainly is, however I don't support flat earth or lizard people. I prefer to follow common sence.
Common sence should raise doubts in any rational persons mind over the moon landings, if you have the time to read up on the subject you can only realise it was a complete load of BS.
There were far too many people involved to keep this "lie" up for so long.

Your telling me that out of all that have died since that day who were involved, not a single one of them have utter anything about it being a lie on their deathbed?

NOT

ONE

SINGLE

PERSON.

Take your tin hat off, its far to hot.

Terry_dactyl

Fuck me! It. Is. Hot.
There is no air conditioning where I work. It’s fucking oppressive. Just sweating all over the place…must’ve drunk about 5 litres of water today.

ccfcrob

Lots of info out there on the JFK assassination. It's easy to see why it has created questions and I would say the general consensus is that it wasn't exactly as portrayed at the time. There immediately was suspicion of a cover up.

There is an extraordinary amount of evidence that the moon landings did actually happen.

You mean the people that actually stepped foot on the moon speaking about it or the video footage of them doing it.

With it all being live broadcast,

and all the flight records,

and all the data.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

There were far too many people involved to keep this "lie" up for so long.

Your telling me that out of all that have died since that day who were involved, not a single one of them have utter anything about it being a lie on their deathbed?

NOT

ONE

SINGLE

PERSON.

Take your tin hat off, its far to hot.
You'd also think their competitors and enemies the Russians might have had a thing to say about them faking it too...

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

But the fiesta is much closer, so would actually appear much larger.
giphy.gif

Sick Boy

Genuinely saw a comment on Instagram that the fires are being started by paid agents 😭
Loads of northern Italians think the same happens in Sicily as a way to justify the number of forest police and funding.
The fact that it’s months of 40c+ obviously has nothing to do with it.

• Haha
Reactions: AOM

Marty

It's been warm, but I've enjoyed it. Got to enjoy it while it lasts. May have to invest in some proper AC units for next year. Can't wait for global warming to give me a sea view in a few years.

wingy

It's been warm, but I've enjoyed it. Got to enjoy it while it lasts. May have to invest in some proper AC units for next year. Can't wait for global warming to give me a sea view in a few years.
It 'd be wonderful but the neighborhood would become far too populated to enjoy it and you may struggle to rustle up a meal.

chiefdave

I'm no expert but I'm guessing the heat is just lighting the dry grass?
from where it is wouldn't bet against it being someone chucking a cig out of a car. London Brigade have declared a major incident and if you look at the list of fires they're dealing with it looks like the majority were started by disposable bbqs.

greys4life

Back in UK at the moment and been a bit worried about one of my dogs tonight. He's an older lad and whilst made of sturdy stuff has been noticeably struggling. I can't sleep myself but he's been upstairs and downstairs about ten times in the last hour or so. Just given him some ice to eat and put a cold flannel on his head but he's crawled under the bed now and won't come out. The other dog is new and a rescue from Portugal. She seems to be fine (probably used to some heat) and is still pretty young anyway.

We spend all year moaning about the weather and then this happens.

Hows the hound doing today? Really hope he came out eventually

It's so difficult to keep dogs cool some more than others, some seem to just want to sit in the bloody sun! My old grey (notorious for having temp issues) would sit in a paddling pool but did have to lift her in and out! Its so hard to try and make them understand that what you're doing is the best for them!

Infuriated today to see some had a dog in a car in Rugby town centre, okay all windows open but ffs why can't you leave them at home? Said in a loud voice if that dog is still in that car in 5 mins I'm calling the police, it was actually the bloke walking past me who's car it was, so think he got the message.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Back in UK at the moment and been a bit worried about one of my dogs tonight. He's an older lad and whilst made of sturdy stuff has been noticeably struggling. I can't sleep myself but he's been upstairs and downstairs about ten times in the last hour or so. Just given him some ice to eat and put a cold flannel on his head but he's crawled under the bed now and won't come out. The other dog is new and a rescue from Portugal. She seems to be fine (probably used to some heat) and is still pretty young anyway.

We spend all year moaning about the weather and then this happens.
Try getting one of those cool Mats for them to sleep on?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Hows the hound doing today? Really hope he came out eventually

It's so difficult to keep dogs cool some more than others, some seem to just want to sit in the bloody sun! My old grey (notorious for having temp issues) would sit in a paddling pool but did have to lift her in and out! Its so hard to try and make them understand that what you're doing is the best for them!

Infuriated today to see some had a dog in a car in Rugby town centre, okay all windows open but ffs why can't you leave them at home? Said in a loud voice if that dog is still in that car in 5 mins I'm calling the police, it was actually the bloke walking past me who's car it was, so think he got the message.

Been a bit better. Last night he just fell asleep in the end but today I had the paddling pool out and he was going mental in it. Problem was, it gets him going so much that even when I brought him back inside he just wanted to sit by the patio door and gaze at the pool as if it was some kind of mecca. It's got a bit cooler now thankfully and he´s having his dinner no problems. The other one has been fine the whole time.

Well done for being outspoken with that situation. I mean, I guess we don't know his home set up but to leave a dog unattended in a car on a hot day is dog owner cardinal sin number 1.

Try getting one of those cool Mats for them to sleep on?

It's a great shout. I am definitely going to look into it. Might be nicer than a plant watering spray can to the face!

Otis

Definitely cooler, but still a bit warm in my house too.

Hoping it will stay like this and not get any warmer.

OffenhamSkyBlue

Apparently, that huge fire in London was from a Compost Fire.
That is a plausible theory - the in-vessel composting plants that have appeared at recycling centres and landfills are frequently going up in smoke due to spontaneous combustion from the intense heat generated by the composting process.
The embankment near the Toll Bar will be a stray fag-end (or even a spark from someone flicking their ash out the window) or more likely magnification by a piece of glass from the piles of litter that National Highways can't afford/be arsed to pay anyone to pick up.

OffenhamSkyBlue

Council 'gardeners' have turned up with their chainsaws and diesel powered ride on scythe type things(!) churning up so much dust I've had to close the door and windows 😭
Whoever is in charge of them should have done a risk assessment and stopped them using petrol powered machinery at the moment due to the risk of sparks starting a grass fire

Sbarcher

If it gets another couple of degrees hotter, there is a chance that Prince Andrew may break out into a sweat!

tisza

Apparently, that huge fire in London was from a Compost Fire.
compost piles can self-combust in hot weather. Centre of pile gets too hot and the dry outsides can start to smoulder. Piles of dry grass the same risk

Users who are viewing this thread