Heat (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

Would be nice.

Has to be better than an office with no Air Con.

Melting.
wfh is a proper challenge too - I feel like I'm just warming up the house even more ready for me to not be able to sleep tonight. The office I've been moved to has no aircon, so pointless going in there - trying to work out a reason for me to need to go to the one that does have it!

Taking a late lunch, maybe I need to go for a quick trip round iceland or somewhere, test out the frozen peas.

Nick

Administrator
wfh is a proper challenge too - I feel like I'm just warming up the house even more ready for me to not be able to sleep tonight. The office I've been moved to has no aircon, so pointless going in there - trying to work out a reason for me to need to go to the one that does have it!

Taking a late lunch, maybe I need to go for a quick trip round iceland or somewhere, test out the frozen peas.
Cold baths and showers are the ones in this heat.

Maybe a paddling pool and wifi.

Made sure all my blinds were closed before I this morning

Bugsy

full of sweaty tits and fannies

Sky_Blue_Daz

Love the weather during the day would just like to to pour down rain about 10pm .

Evo1883

I reckon in about 100 years air con will be standard for all homes In the UK the way its going

Maybe sooner

Evo1883

The best spring / summer I can remember though for prolonged warmth was 2003

Obviously it never hit 38-40 but it was consistently warm

Evo1883

38 in the shade on Monday means over 40 in the sun .. it's ridiculous heat for this country ... where all the houses are insulated and have carpets etc

Nick

Administrator
My missus is already talking about us getting it.

giphy.gif

Liquid Gold

I normally love heat but this is making me really anxious.

This country is just not made to be that hot and it's going to be a struggle for normally people let alone those that are vulnerable.

Evo1883

Worst of it is .. most young lads and lasses won't be putting suncream on .. going to be carnage 😂

Evo1883

I normally love heat but this is making me really anxious.

This country is just not made to be that hot and it's going to be a struggle for normally people let alone those that

Ive lived in 45-50 degree heat for several months before with no air con and my best advice is to stay indoors .. you will be fine .. some absolute morons will be caught out and yes sadly some vulnerable will too

Nick

Administrator
Ive lived in 45-50 degree heat for several months before with no air con and my best advice is to stay indoors .. you will be fine .. some absolute morons will be caught out and yes sadly some vulnerable will too

Yep, some will be out all day in a beer garden just on pints and completely dehydrated with their top off just burning.

I mean the beer garden sounds nice but I don't fancy the aftermath, need to stay hydrated and get some cream on. It's nice when you are by a pool and can jump in, not so much when you stink in the pub.

Sick Boy

Anything around 40c here and most people stay at home - when it’s mid 30s+ for months on end your mindset to it changes.

Users who are viewing this thread