Hamer (10 Viewers)

Matt smith

Nice one doug king

‘join the journey’

absolute joke, basically sisu with better PR as previously mentioned

Matt smith

the issue for me, if the club don’t budge on 16k and prem teams are making enquires, he along with the club have a decision to make. Does he stay one more year and hope we get promoted or do the club try and cash in on him.
They’ll cash in on him gimoc, they have too

TomRad85

I did ask how much is he currently on. around 13k plus add on’s. So for an extra 7k a week it doesn’t make sense why the club don’t offer what he wants.
It even makes sense from a financial point of view as the longer contract instantly makes him worth more money.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Kingokings204

It even makes sense from a financial point of view as the longer contract instantly makes him worth more money.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

not to mention to feel good factor around the club. I personally would be buzzing if gus stayed on and well excited for the new season.
If he was asking for 30-40k then fair enough but he isn’t and clearly enjoys the area and club.
200k extra for the year is 8 boxes sold.

I can only hope they want the Vik money to be sorted then they can match it.

junglej13

On the grand scheme of things I think if the figures GIMOC states are true then as a supporter the club probably should offer him these terms, more as a show if intent from the club and to get supporters on board. In truth it's a very difficult one though - Hamer has probably outgrown the club. I imagine even a Leicester or Leeds could offer someone like Hamer £40k a week. We probably haven't paid someone £20k a week since the days of Joachim.

Matt smith

On the grand scheme of things I think if the figures GIMOC states are true then as a supporter the club probably should offer him these terms, more as a show if intent from the club and to get supporters on board. In truth it's a very difficult one though - Hamer has probably outgrown the club. I imagine even a Leicester or Leeds could offer someone like Hamer £40k a week. We probably haven't paid someone £20k a week since the days of Joachim.
He’s the best player I’ve seen play for Cov and I’m 25

200 grand a year?

Deity

Doug king OUT
No one likes increases in price or loop holes being closed but in our case both needed to be done. Our tickets were too cheap, people were buying children’s tickets and adults using them, the corporate tickets were still at L2 levels.

we can’t have it both ways …. If we want to be a top half championship club then as fans we have to be prepared to pay the going rate.

Where I think King could have been better advised Is over the phasing and communication of the increases.

All of that said IF we had Won at Wembley no one would be talking about this. It would have been accepted as the price of success.

king is saying if we want to be ambitious then that applies on and off the pitch …..

slowpoke

IF true, notice it’s a big IF, it is all about negotiating and I’d suspect a compromise will happen unless MR sees someone better out there, doubt it but you never know.

Saddlebrains

We have to keep Gus at all costs. Best midfielder in the league. If we lose both him and Vik in 1 window it stinks of Mcallister and Keane

GaryPendrysEyes

Hopefully they can meet on the middle with Gus. But it would be a huge plus to keep him. Everyone knows he’s now the heart of the team.
A big test for Doug. Make it happen.

MAFF

after seeing the post about the golf membership. asked for an update

City will only offer 16k a week. Gus wants 20k. Club have said they won’t budge on the 16. Clubs are now coming in for him including Prem
fucking hell.

Users who are viewing this thread