Hamer (17 Viewers)

cooperskyblue

He’s not doing himself any favors

he’s not the messiah everyone thinks he is or a lot of people.
What? Based on hearsay, and rumours. The transfer window has been opened 1 day. Why not wait and see the shape of the team come the first game of the season and then make a fair judgement?
Negativity & criticism now just feels pointless when the off-season is still in its infancy.

hill83

What? Based on hearsay, and rumours. The transfer window has been opened 1 day. Why not wait and see the shape of the team come the first game of the season and then make a fair judgement?
Negativity & criticism now just feels pointless when the off-season is still in its infancy.

NO

1686818538396.gif

SlowerThanPlatt

He was later 30's with kids im sure he said

Was obsessed with this bloke for 6 months

Matt smith

Yeah fair comment

just frustrated if what is being quoted is true as we need to keep hamer at all costs

GIMOC

the transfer window is irrelevant in a way. he’s still got a year left on his current contract but the longer negotiations stall the likelihood of him being here come august is smaller. sooner we can get this resolved the better for all parties

skybluestub

I think we have to secure Gus, £20k isn't a terrifying leap. He is integral to the team, more so than Vik. When we needed players to step up, he did.

Sheaf under contract until 2026, Eccles under contract until 2027. Add Gus into the mix with a new deal, we have a solid base in the middle of the park.

Look at the extra revenue generated from ST's, corporate prices rocketing and potentially a decent chunk in for Vik, not to mention the shirt sales (particularly with Hamer 38 on the back for kids with Gyokeres going!) it would be a travesty if weren't able to get this one over the line, assuming the desire is there from Gus to stay.

I realise there are concerns with regards to sustainability with such an increase, but look at the player he is. He's like a Duracell bunny on heat, he's everywhere. Assists, goals, defensively sound, key set piece taker.

All of the above, and having him under contract drives his price up, whereas come January (assuming he doesn't go this summer) European clubs can come a knocking.

IMO, if truly the ambition is there to be knocking on the play-off door again, this needs to be done, and quickly.

Flying Fokker

I won’t say who but it’s the current situation. this summer window is the biggest I’ve known for the club.
I hope the last season‘s momentum continues. I’d sign him up on his terms ref wages but then have a release clause of 35million and massive insurance if he becomes injured. Offer him 4 years.

cooperskyblue

the transfer window is irrelevant in a way. he’s still got a year left on his current contract but the longer negotiations stall the likelihood of him being here come august is smaller. sooner we can get this resolved the better for all parties
I don't disagree. Hamer is quality and I think we should be building the side around him too. Securing him to a new deal protects his value.
It would cost us more to buy a replacement and pay them than it would to give Hamer this new deal over 2 or 3 years.
I hope King can get Hamer deal sorted.

CCFCSteve

Any further increase could be predicated on Vik going for decent fee etc. let’s see it all play out before getting too excited

If rumours correct, not a million miles away which is positive so still a possible deal to be done. I’d probably go to 20k as much to enhance/protect his value but also understand the club wanting to retain some kind of structure. Alternatively could slap some massive incentives in there to protect the club ie 16-17k plus 500k+ on promotion or extra 3k-4k per game. Could also put a very reasonable sale price clause ie 15m next summer so he can get a kicker from buying club if he has another great season. Plenty of options to hopefully get to an agreement…assuming both really want one

Ps I wouldn’t be surprised if the ohare situation has made the club very wary

Last edited:

Flying Fokker

not to mention to feel good factor around the club. I personally would be buzzing if gus stayed on and well excited for the new season.
If he was asking for 30-40k then fair enough but he isn’t and clearly enjoys the area and club.
200k extra for the year is 8 boxes sold.

I can only hope they want the Vik money to be sorted then they can match it.
That’s another reason to agree on Hamer. He’s going to cost an extra 200k per year…Gyo will be sold for 100+ times more than this sum.

SlowerThanPlatt

I hope the last season‘s momentum continues. I’d sign him up on his terms ref wages but then have a release clause of 35million and massive insurance if he becomes injured. Offer him 4 years.
Why would a Championship players agent agree to a £35m release clause? A club wouldn’t pay half that for him

RoboCCFC90

I think we have to secure Gus, £20k isn't a terrifying leap. He is integral to the team, more so than Vik. When we needed players to step up, he did.

Sheaf under contract until 2026, Eccles under contract until 2027. Add Gus into the mix with a new deal, we have a solid base in the middle of the park.

Look at the extra revenue generated from ST's, corporate prices rocketing and potentially a decent chunk in for Vik, not to mention the shirt sales (particularly with Hamer 38 on the back for kids with Gyokeres going!) it would be a travesty if weren't able to get this one over the line, assuming the desire is there from Gus to stay.

I realise there are concerns with regards to sustainability with such an increase, but look at the player he is. He's like a Duracell bunny on heat, he's everywhere. Assists, goals, defensively sound, key set piece taker.

All of the above, and having him under contract drives his price up, whereas come January (assuming he doesn't go this summer) European clubs can come a knocking.

IMO, if truly the ambition is there to be knocking on the play-off door again, this needs to be done, and quickly.

Bang on this.

Hamer is integral to CCFC, I am not keen on breaking the wage structure, but I'd be more flexible in doing so to tempt Hamer to stay.

djr8369

If the numbers were true I’d personally be tempted to give him the money as I think he’s a special player and as good as there is in this league.

However, there’s no point getting too wound to about it as even if they were true we don’t know the full context. For example, the club may have agreed as strict wage ceiling to avoid spiralling costs. It’s possible players and agents would know this. MR likely has a say and might have given a maximum figure where he would rather have the money absolve to bring in more players than keep one.

Those are just two possible scenarios.

djr8369

Yeah fair comment

just frustrated if what is being quoted is true as we need to keep hamer at all costs
I’d love to keep him with a plan to becoming club captain but not at all costs. No point panicking. MR knew what cards he had to play and signed a long term contract. He will have a plan.

If down the line he feels he wasn’t backed he will drop subtle hints.

Grendel

I did ask how much is he currently on. around 13k plus add on’s. So for an extra 7k a week it doesn’t make sense why the club don’t offer what he wants.

he was on £10,000 two weeks ago

SlowerThanPlatt

he was on £10,000 two weeks ago

What’s £3,000 to Doug King?

Skybluedownunder

Until he gets sent off a couple of times and then he can fuck off again! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmttww

Playing Devil's Advocate for a minute... we could offer him £20k a week, and he could decline it. He and the agent might just be stalling for time, or trying to make Hamer look like the good guy with reasonable demands. Agent might be a Tw*t that the club don't trust. If we're not budging because we're being rigid about a wage structure, I'll be gutted, but it might not be as clean cut as people seem to be assuming.

djr8369

Playing Devil's Advocate for a minute... we could offer him £20k a week, and he could decline it. He and the agent might just be stalling for time, or trying to make Hamer look like the good guy with reasonable demands. Agent might be a Tw*t that the club don't trust. If we're not budging because we're being rigid about a wage structure, I'll be gutted, but it might not be as clean cut as people seem to be assuming.
I made pretty much the same points above. No point flapping when we don’t know the details.

Ccfcisparks

NO BUT DOUG KING :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Users who are viewing this thread