Hamer vs Walsh (1 Viewer)

Who’s your man

• Total voters

SlowerThanPlatt

If Hamer was playing for Norwich and Buendia for us, Hamer's stats would be above Buendia's. Just saying.

They wouldn’t, majority of Hamer’s are from set pieces. Buendia mostly from open play which makes it more impressive. He’s a class player.

Sky Blue Harry H

They wouldn’t, majority of Hamer’s are from set pieces. Buendia mostly from open play which makes it more impressive. He’s a class player.
Although I disagree with you, I think Buendia is a great player. But Hamer in Norwich's side would have way more scope to create, and Buendia less so in ours.

Sky Blue Harry H

Not really as he would just be another player at Norwich and wouldn’t be the go to man which he is in our team
Can't prove it either way, but I accept Buendia is a more valuable player. I'm just getting more and more impressed with Hamer, the more I see of him. Think he's special.

Ccfcisparks

Can't prove it either way, but I accept Buendia is a more valuable player. I'm just getting more and more impressed with Hamer, the more I see of him. Think he's special.
Buendia is miles better than Hamer unfortunately. Buendia could walk into a top 8 premier league side. Hamer would get into 2 premier league teams at a push.

Sky Blue Harry H

Buendia is miles better than Hamer unfortunately. Buendia could walk into a top 8 premier league side. Hamer would get into 2 premier league teams at a push.
Benrahma is better than him and can't get in the West Ham team. Fwiw, I think Buendia's a really good player, but I get pissed off when we see a Maddison, Wilson etc undervalued by our owners/fans and sold for buttons. Hamer is different class and will end up playing at the top level.

hamil99

Facebook User

Agree, that's why Buendia is being linked with Arsenal and Hamer isn't. Not saying Hamer won't in the future move to a top side (hopefully he'll stay with us for a long time, but i think im dreaming) but right now i think there is little comparison. Again this is no slight on Hamer, but he has only played a half season in the championship, good signs but nothing concrete.

Sky Blue Harry H

Agree, that's why Buendia is being linked with Arsenal and Hamer isn't. Not saying Hamer won't in the future move to a top side (hopefully he'll stay with us for a long time, but i think im dreaming) but right now i think there is little comparison. Again this is no slight on Hamer, but he has only played a half season in the championship, good signs but nothing concrete.
Fair comments. Both in the Championship team of the season as at the end of December.

Gibbo

If Hamer was playing for Norwich and Buendia for us, Hamer's stats would be above Buendia's. Just saying.
I posted this elsewhere, but to repeat, according to the stats, a high % of Hamers effectiveness to us comes in his set piece delivery. As we have lacked good set pieces that is a big reason why we appreciate Hamer. Buendia on the other hand does way way more in open play.

But, all round I suspect the benefit in open play has more value both in footballing terms and commercially. Bigger clubs eyeing Hamer might think they already have loads of players who are good at set pieces, but not what Buendia brings. That would be reflected in the respective valuations.

lordy_87

In fairness Buendia is a CAM whereas Hamer is a CM/CDM so I would expect Buendia to create more open play chances, especially with the possession Norwich would have and players around him. Still accept Buendia is obviously a better player.

cc84cov

My prediction is -

We sell Hamer summer and replace him with Liam Walsh as long as we stay in the league 🙃

Ccfcisparks

Mate today you’ve spent your day as SBTpolice man picking at people give it a rest you parrot 🦜 phahahaa 🤣
CC84COV =
giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread