Hamer vs Walsh (1 Viewer)

Who’s your man

• Total voters

edgy

Hamer only has 2.5 years left on his current contract.

He needs an improved contract ASAP before seasons out. Rolling 3 year contract would be nice.

Imagine if he gets some sort of long term injury next season. Would mean only a year left on his contract. Cant afford him to run out his contract. Hes too valuable an asset.

Have you got Contract Tourettes?

Frostie

They're as alike as Hamer and Walsh are.

You're right in a way, shouldn't really be comparing them 2 either but Hamer was at least brought in to replace Walsh's creativity.

Sheaf is a deeper lying midfield player, breaking up play & getting the team moving forward. Was one of the best in League 1 in his role.

cov donkey kick

Hamer for me, because he's playing great. However why isn't Walsh playing for Bristol as the only way they know he's good enough is play him. For Walsh losing the manager Johnson seems to have pushed him back in the pecking order. A real strange one and who knows we still may sign him at some point.

Liquid Gold

Hamer for me, because he's playing great. However why isn't Walsh playing for Bristol as the only way they know he's good enough is play him. For Walsh losing the manager Johnson seems to have pushed him back in the pecking order. A real strange one and who knows we still may sign him at some point.
HE.IS.INJURED.

Mr Walsh hurty no football

shmmeee

Happy_Martian

Sheaf was near the top for his position in L1 last season.

Have a look here, Walsh not even mentioned

The text of the second paragraph explains why.... " look at the midfielders competing in League 1 for 2020/21 campaign ". Walshy isn't in League 1 this season.

And this....

" When considering the clubs involved, it is strictly the clubs who are in League 1 for 2020/21 19/20 clubs who were promoted or relegated from the division are excluded, but close who came down from the Championship, and up from League 2, are included. "

And I have no idea why Sheaf was included in the analysis as this goes against their previous statements.

Frostie

The text of the second paragraph explains why.... " look at the midfielders competing in League 1 for 2020/21 campaign ". Walshy isn't in League 1 this season.

And this....

" When considering the clubs involved, it is strictly the clubs who are in League 1 for 2020/21 19/20 clubs who were promoted or relegated from the division are excluded, but close who came down from the Championship, and up from League 2, are included. "

And I have no idea why Sheaf was included in the analysis as this goes against their previous statements.

No, they mean the club i.e. Doncaster are still in League 1 rather than the player.

shmmeee

And this....

Missed that. Cheers

Happy_Martian

No, they mean the club i.e. Doncaster are still in League 1 rather than the player.

Still doesn't get away from the fact they are analyzing Sheaf playing in League 1 for 20/21 season (his name appears on several of their charts) when he's not even at Doncaster any more, a point they did make towards the start.

Frostie

Still doesn't get away from the fact they are analyzing Sheaf playing in League 1 for 20/21 season (his name appears on several of their charts) when he's not even at Doncaster any more, a point they did make towards the start.

It is a bit of a weird one but the stats for all are from 19/20. It's so that they have a full season's worth of data - the bigger the dataset the better of course.
From our perspective though it does show how good Sheaf was last season, far too good for League 1 & why we made him a top target.

cc84cov

Doubting no but let’s be honest Millwall have been very poor. Where has Hamer been in the last month? Hiding in plain sight
They haven’t played for 2 weeks should be fresh their also stil above us in the league also hence havinf 2 games in hand

is hamer joint top scorer now too ?

Danceswithhorses

Hamer is already starting to pick up a few headlines here and there, as our best player.
Surely MR and his assistant will be thinking this as well.
Got to try and keep him super happy at Cov, so that when the inevitable time comes, we can maximise the transfer fee.

Frostie

Very good today, played it a bit simpler rather than his 100 miles per hour of last couple of games & ball retention improved massively as a result.

Frostie

Buendia is miles above this level.

Totally, can't believe Norwich kept him in the summer. Wouldn't be surprised if they keep him until next summer now too as can't see anyone paying the £40m they're asking for in January so he'll surely fire them to promotion. Fantastic player.

Harvey Elliott still only 17 :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread