Hamer vs Walsh (1 Viewer)

Who’s your man

• Total voters

cc84cov

Fuck it I’m calling it right now Hamer is ahead of Walsh for me...probably too early to compare agreed but what a player Hamer is the club have done remarkably well to get this lad in.

Mucca Mad Boys

Too early to judge, but I’ve gone with Hamer. If it was possible, I’d love to see Walsh play alongside him as that would offer perfect balance. Praying he doesn’t sign a contract for us to poach him in Jan or in the summer.

Until we see Walsh in the Championship, it’s comparing apples and pears. Personally, I thought Hamer was the best midfielder on the pitch when we played Bristol - so it’d be interesting to see how much game time Walsh gets.

Blind-Faith

If he keeps getting stupid bookings like he did today, then Walsh for me.

Hamer looks great , but if he’s going to be missing 4/5 games a season through idiotic suspensions then we are going to miss out.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Apart from being irrelevant as it's not a choice we have to make they could actual compliment each other as even though they play in the same sort of position and have some similarities they also have a lot of complimentary aspects and in an ideal world, other than the lack of height, it'd be great to see the two alongside each other at the base of the box.

Frankly we may as well have a poll saying Marosi or Godden - who's better?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Too early to judge, but I’ve gone with Hamer. If it was possible, I’d love to see Walsh play alongside him as that would offer perfect balance. Praying he doesn’t sign a contract for us to poach him in Jan or in the summer.

Until we see Walsh in the Championship, it’s comparing apples and pears. Personally, I thought Hamer was the best midfielder on the pitch when we played Bristol - so it’d be interesting to see how much game time Walsh gets.

Agreed

lordy_87

Hamer is bossing games in the Championship despite only just joining from another country. Walsh was class at league one level but hasn't done anything in the championship (granted he hasn't been given many opportunities). So for me it's Hamer, can you imagine how good he's going to be after a few months, for me he could easily slot in to a decent premiership team, his set peices, passing and vision are superb.

NortonSkyBlue

Hardly a big call.
Your judgement is questionable. I appreciate for some Hamer has become the sacred cow but a season of Walsh can’t be airbrushed away so flippantly. Walsh proved himself as the standout midfielder in league one and it is much too early to say the Hamer is going to be the player of the same or bigger influence than Walsh.

Mucca Mad Boys

Your judgement is questionable. I appreciate for some Hamer has become the sacred cow but a season of Walsh can’t be airbrushed away so flippantly. Walsh proved himself as the standout midfielder in league one and it is much too early to say the Hamer is going to be the player of the same or bigger influence than Walsh.

Hamer’s impact in all of our competitive games is there to be seen already.

Almost singlehandedly, he’s turn us into a threat from set-pieces - this is huge. He’s combative and makes a lot of important tackles/interceptions - yes, he gets a lot of yellows, but that’s his game and it’s not an obvious problem, yet. He’s shown a nice range of creative passing too.

You have to take into consideration that Hamer is the cheaper option than Walsh too. Bristol wouldn’t let us sign Walsh for £1m and there’s no way he’d be on less wages, too. We’ve got a good player for good price in Hamer - at first impression.

Walsh has got what it takes to do really well in the Championship and maybe even higher, at the right club. If the opportunity arose, we would almost definitely try to resign Walsh - even on a loan spell. In my view, Walsh and Hamer would compliment one another really well.

covcity4life

I get that most of this thread is influenced by bias but I would add that Walsh is a championship quality player just like we didn't need to see Dabo play vs QPR to know he was too.

Briles

Walsh was a tad quicker and more skilful however hamer has better passing and set pieces. Depends what you want.

Users who are viewing this thread