Hamer vs Walsh (2 Viewers)

Who’s your man

• Total voters

BornSlippySkyBlue

Walsh was a tad quicker and more skilful however hamer has better passing and set pieces. Depends what you want.
Yeah, Hamer far more aggressive as well. Good to have a bit of bite in midfield (as long as he doesn’t get sent off too often obv).

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

A vote after three league games is ridiculous. Walsh was an incredible player for us last season, dominating the end of season awards in a season we won the league. To forget that after three games, promising performances that they were, and declare Hamer already superior to him is naive, kneejerk, whatever you want to call it, and pretty disrespectful to be honest. There is nothing I have seen to suggest that Hamer couldn't surpass the influence Walsh had, and I really hope he does, but how you could possibly tell that after three games is beyond me. Regardless of if he ever joins us in the future, or if we get promoted out this league and play above his 'level', I will always hold a soft spot and respect for Walsh. He was the best player in our first title win in decades.

shmmeee

Agree slightly skewed by his putting it on a plate at corners.

We are going to have to improve on the conversion of the key chances created.

Don’t see how that skews anything. Chances are chances and every other player has the chance to take corners. I don’t think we win more than most do we?

RegTheDonk

Hope MR has installed a sense of discipline in him, so I'll give it a few weeks to see how many cards he picks up. If he was chopped down as much as O'Hare the bloke would already be suspended.

Skybluefaz

Just nice to see a quality player in sky blue. I am one of the lucky ones who grew up watching us in the prem. Now the youth have a genuine player of quality to emulate in the playground. Tbf I'd say the same of Walsh. Both excellent players.

Liquid Gold

What is going on with Walsh? Their manager implied that the contract situation was basically done nearly a month ago. I know Walsh is still returning from injury but if they continue to do so well they're not going to want to drop any of their current midfielders.

I suspect that he's waiting to see if he gets game time before signing and things aren't looking great for him. Could really give us a great opportunity to pick him up in Jan.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Regardless of what league we’re in - Hamer leaves. He’s so good. If we’re championship he’s a 15 mil player, if we’re league one he’s a 2 mil player

Warwickhunt

Hamer is and will be a great player for us but it still does not get away with the fact that all 3 goals were as a result of him not doing his job he was 1/2 yard off the ball on all 3 occasions.

Grendel

Grendel

Hamer is a good player. They’re will be teams out there doing the same analytical studies that we have. He creates chances. The values are massively overinflated in this league.

Last night he was a disaster - you can’t carry players for the 80 minutes they are not on the call. Creates chances and gives away goals.

False9

Last night he was a disaster - you can’t carry players for the 80 minutes they are not on the call. Creates chances and gives away goals.
I'd agree he was a disaster last nigjt, could arguably have stopped all 3 goals plus a petulant red.

Seemed to track his runners and put the tackles in the first 3 league games so it seems odd.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

It’s his 4th game in. We played a far superior team. Admittedly it was stupid on his behalf but I’d like to think he’ll learn from it

cc84cov

Hamer was in there on his own at times for me,Him & sheaf had zero connection still manintain Kelly & Hamer is the best pairing we will have

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I'd agree he was a disaster last nigjt, could arguably have stopped all 3 goals plus a petulant red.

Seemed to track his runners and put the tackles in the first 3 league games so it seems odd.

I reckon he got increasingly frustrated as they ran rings around us. Other games we've been competitive.

That's no excuse for it though.

Sky Blue Harry H

I love Hamer, but still think Walsh is better.

The more I've seen the more I think Hamer is the better. The Championship is a totally different level to League 1, Hamer has just moved from another country, his technique in striking a football is the best I have seen from a City player in years, but the biggest thing from me is he has an almost tangible will to win on the football pitch, that sets apart the best football players. When we have fallen behind in the 2 recent games, instead of sulking, he has turned it up a notch. We are so lucky to have him, if occasionally that will to win spills over and costs us yellow/red cards (although he seems to be smiling more at the referees, which suggests he is adapting quickly!) P.S. Loved Walsh too.

KersleyDigs

I love Hamer, but still think Walsh is better.
Need to see Walsh play at this level before forming this opinion surely...? Having said that i I do *think* Walsh can step up. Hopefully not before we sign him on a free in Summer to play alongside Hamer

5 at the back with a diamond below would be handy IF we had a top lone striker....

Kelly (or Sheaf)
Hamer Walsh
O'Hare

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread