Transfer Rumour Haji Wright (5 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

Stick with him and he'll do OK, always said a 433 formation would suit him better and we may be about to find out.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
I have to be honest both he and Simms looked far more comfortable making runs into the channels second half. Still made hashes of it once they got in the box but even so.

Alkhen

He's got 4 goals 2 assists in the equivalent minutes of 8 full games. And he should have had a fair few more already.

Even today I can think of the volley that was blocked in 6 yard box late on which was heading in and the heel flick from the Simms cross which was blocked.
Yerp his stats per minute are fine especially in a new country and a more physical league. Gain confidence and cut out the errors and he'll come good. His output is better than Viks was in his first season in the championship

Last edited:

Seaside-Skyblue

I have to be honest both he and Simms looked far more comfortable making runs into the channels second half. Still made hashes of it once they got in the box but even so.
Absolutely this. Robins needs to take advantage of this. Get that ball in front of them to run onto. You see a lot of Simms video clips at other clubs where he's doing that really well. These guys don't want the ball deep and to feet while we slowly move up the pitch. This is where the dynamic midfielder with good passing range that we desperately need comes into play to thread the ball through to them.

Alkhen

I honestly think Robins, perhaps naively, expected Hamer to stay for the season.
I cut Robins some slack there, it was was hopeful thinking on his part and dumb not to be prepared. But I reckon Gus screwed us a bit by leaving his decision so late. I think he gave off a lot of signals that he wanted to stay and it's pretty obvious by the fact he is lingering round the place still it was a close call. He may have wanted to stay but when you get a premier league contract under your nose it's hard to turn down.

Let's just hope we have some replacements lined up for January. More than one, it so obvious we are lacking that role in the squad.

Last edited:

Kingokings204

Wright is not a bad player. Yes he lacks physical strength and isn’t a run all dayer but give him chances and balls on to and he is brilliant at this level. That run against Leicester when he hit the cross bar was almost goal of the season and that run and cut back to make it 3-3 against Watford late on. The guy is fine but because he hasn’t scored 20 goals yet he isn’t Vik. Well Vik is a top European league striker now doing it worth around 40m I should imagine. Fans need to get real

calibrase6

Looks far better out on the left cutting inside. That is a massive blessing as allows us to go to a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 with Sakamoto on the right in his preferred position.

Grendel

So you’d rather he scored 10 fantastic solo goals than 20 tap ins?

He did once say Jan Molby only ever scored penalties - he is on the Tenants super again

False9

This highlights his strengths and weaknesses versus other championship forwards.

We know he can't really pass it but he is a ball carrying striker that will get chances and take shots. He's not going to link the play and intercept like a Godden can but he carries more of a threat.

I'm convinced he's going to score regularly (albeit miss a lot)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231105-104039.png
    Screenshot_20231105-104039.png
    235.3 KB · Views: 58

pusbccfc

He's going to score 20 goals isn't he?

Ccfcisparks

This highlights his strengths and weaknesses versus other championship forwards.

We know he can't really pass it but he is a ball carrying striker that will get chances and take shots. He's not going to link the play and intercept like a Godden can but he carries more of a threat.

I'm convinced he's going to score regularly (albeit miss a lot)
Shows how the eye test and stats can be completely contradictory. Those stats paint him out to be a very good striker. Would be interested to know what Viktors stats what like.

False9

Shows how the eye test and stats can be completely contradictory. Those stats paint him out to be a very good striker. Would be interested to know what Viktors stats what like.
I'd take stats over our fans 'eye test', vast majority are clueless, emotional and entitled.

Vik last season a complete forward.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231105-194351.png
    Screenshot_20231105-194351.png
    238.5 KB · Views: 46

Users who are viewing this thread