Transfer Rumour Haji Wright (1 Viewer)

David O'Day

I do. Plus is this guy really worth that? I get that he has probably improved a lot since then, but 0/22 in Holland isn't great.
no but he is 1 in every other game in a good league since then

Last edited:

Mucca Mad Boys

Odd that we would spunk so much on Haji but not what was needed on McNally.

The club has clearly done a cost:benefit analysis on McNally and we probably don’t agree with Burnley’s evaluation compared to other targets we have.

As for this striker, clearly we think he’s worth that money and can sell him for a healthy profit if needs be.

fatso

Yes, but you could argue that any transfer is a risk, from here or abroad. Same could happen with players from Scotland, Ireland, heck we had that young lad from Swansea that lasted one training session.

And when they get here, we find they can't cope with our style of play. It's a risk but you make decisions on what you know and the rest is chance.
Yes every transfer is a risk, but the more you spend the bigger the risk.

As CCFC fans we're just not used to seeing the club spend big money on players that most have never heard of.

We all know this would never have happened under SISU. DK is certainly backing MR to build a team to get us promoted 💙💙💙

skyblueelephant76

I do. Plus is this guy really worth that? I get that he has probably improved a lot since then, but 0/22 in Holland isn't great.
It was 1 in 23, he scored in the cup!

He's scored consistently for the last three years, not sure his record from 4 years ago when he was 20yrs old matters that much.

SBT

With his current career trajectory I’d say he’s somewhere between Jovan Kirovski and Jozy
Worth noting that both of these players were unholy flops in English football - American strikers don’t have a great record over here.

Brighton Sky Blue

Yes, but you could argue that any transfer is a risk, from here or abroad. Same could happen with players from Scotland, Ireland, heck we had that young lad from Swansea that lasted one training session.

And when they get here, we find they can't cope with our style of play. It's a risk but you make decisions on what you know and the rest is chance.
The bigger the spend the more homework we’ll have done to be sure it fits. Considering this would be a record fee especially so

shy_tall_knight

Since relegation from the prem we have had to endure some shocking strikers, the old Dean Holdsworth, Yakubu, Sebastian Olz..., Josh Mc and the young Chuba Akpom, Stuart Beavon. Looking forward to our potential new strike force

SkyBlueMatt

Not arsed what they think , they've signed loads of kids and weetabix legs Bradley dack

Neither am I & the irony isn't lost on me about what I said (is it ironic? Do you think?). It's just amusing how they have a whole thread about another team signing a player.

1ccfc

If we get this over the line I suspect our 4th striker will be the Man U kid on loan.
I'd be surprised to be honest. We've got Simms and possibly now Wright. You'd imagine both will start. It will now be hard to attract a loan striker to sit on the bench. Yes they would get game time over a season, but not guarenteed.

Brighton Sky Blue

I'd be surprised to be honest. We've got Simms and possibly now Wright. You'd imagine both will start. It will now be hard to attract a loan striker to sit on the bench. Yes they would get game time over a season, but not guarenteed.
Yes guaranteed unless we expect two players to play all 46 games

David O'Day

not really, they'd be around the first team so would gain good experience away from the world of the u21 league.

Calista

Maybe we're moving towards a 3-4-3 setup?

1ccfc

not really, they'd be around the first team so would gain good experience away from the world of the u21 league.
Teams who loan players out generally want them to start and get game experiance. Loans are often cut short because the player is not getting enough minutes on the pitch. We've even done it ouself with Cashman.

David O'Day

Teams who loan players out generally want them to start and get game experiance. Loans are often cut short because the player is not getting enough minutes on the pitch. We've even done it ouself with Cashman.
not all loans, loans were that happens are usually higher profile players than then ones we will be looking at. Yes there will be a higher fee to pay but that is all.

Also you seem to think it's bad that we may be signing our own international forward who has a good goal record in a storing league because it may limit who we can loan?

Happy_Martian

From the highlight videos, looks to me like Wrighty and Simmo play in a similar style. So I don't think they will start together. Potentially, I think one of them with Godden will be the front line for Leicester. We could still be looking for another small terrier style striker (like Chaplin, Speedie, Godden 5 yrs ago) to be our fox in the box.

Or Robins could be sticking with the one striker up front and these two will have to fight amongst themselves to start. And use Godden/another to be able to change it up if we need more attacking options during games. A Champ season is long so players will need to be swapped around.

David O'Day

From the highlight videos, looks to me like Wrighty and Simmo play in a similar style. So I don't think they will start together. Potentially, I think one of them with Godden will be the front line for Leicester. We could still be looking for another small terrier style striker (like Chaplin, Speedie, Godden 5 yrs ago) to be our fox in the box.

Or Robins could be sticking with the one striker up front and these two will have to fight amongst themselves to start. And use Godden/another to be able to change it up if we need more attacking options during games. A Champ season is long so players will need to be swapped around.
If we sign him they will start together

We are going spend the money we did on Simms and then this money just to keep leaving 1 out

Calista

nah, he fits in the 3-4-1-2 system we have been playing
I agree he would fit into that, but I thought someone had said that Robins was looking to slightly change the system? In any case, we surely won't play the same way in every game.

Users who are viewing this thread