Transfer Rumour Haji Wright (11 Viewers)

Ccfcisparks

From the highlight videos, looks to me like Wrighty and Simmo play in a similar style. So I don't think they will start together. Potentially, I think one of them with Godden will be the front line for Leicester. We could still be looking for another small terrier style striker (like Chaplin, Speedie, Godden 5 yrs ago) to be our fox in the box.

Or Robins could be sticking with the one striker up front and these two will have to fight amongst themselves to start. And use Godden/another to be able to change it up if we need more attacking options during games. A Champ season is long so players will need to be swapped around.
There is no way we have spent this much money and they don't start together

David O'Day

I agree he would fit into that, but I thought someone had said that Robins was looking to slightly change the system? In any case, we surely won't play the same way in every game.
Yeah but that was just someone talking nonsense on here

1ccfc

Also you seem to think it's bad that we may be signing our own international forward who has a good goal record in a storing league because it may limit who we can loan?
Absolutely not. You can try and twist things all you want. All I said was I'd be surprised if teams were happy to loan us a striker to sit on the bench for large parts of season. I didn't even mention any loan signings.

David O'Day

Absolutely not. You can try and twist things all you want. All I said was I'd be surprised if teams were happy to loan us a striker to sit on the bench for large parts of season. I didn't even mention any loan signings.
1690905311233.png
Ok

Matt smith

From the highlight videos, looks to me like Wrighty and Simmo play in a similar style. So I don't think they will start together. Potentially, I think one of them with Godden will be the front line for Leicester. We could still be looking for another small terrier style striker (like Chaplin, Speedie, Godden 5 yrs ago) to be our fox in the box.

Or Robins could be sticking with the one striker up front and these two will have to fight amongst themselves to start. And use Godden/another to be able to change it up if we need more attacking options during games. A Champ season is long so players will need to be swapped around.
I’m sorry there’s no way your spending 8 million or so pounds on a striker and not starting him

TomRad85

No one jealous of this list of mediocrity anymore then?
49d4923125def23daf4cecfa7e14a47d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Mucca Mad Boys

I doubt we would spend £10m or thereabouts if the intention is to not start of them.

Wright seems to be able to carry the ball like Gyokeres could and Simms is more of a traditional finisher, for example.

Godden is clearly not going to be a first choice if we spend millions strengthening our striking department.

Skyblueweeman

Re: Godden - I'd keep him (if he was fine with being 3-4th choice).

Given the amount of new players coming in, someone like Godden - along with the likes of Fadz, Allen, Kelly, Wilson, will be key to helping the team gel as they've been used to the 'Coventry way' under MR and AV. He's well liked around the club and despite his advancing years, is still a good option for us.

steve cooper

It's not a good league, though, that's my other concern. All the same am hoping he will be amazing, ofc.
Not really sure what this tells us but it seems similar standard to the Championship?

Cobi Jones's Dreads

There’s no way we sign two strikers for combined total of rumoured to be around 18 million pound after clauses and don’t play them together imo, but I get where you’re coming from.

Samo

Re: Godden - I'd keep him (if he was fine with being 3-4th choice).

Given the amount of new players coming in, someone like Godden - along with the likes of Fadz, Allen, Kelly, Wilson, will be key to helping the team gel as they've been used to the 'Coventry way' under MR and AV. He's well liked around the club and despite his advancing years, is still a good option for us.

Agreed. I think that spine of Kelly, Fadz and Godden, even if used very sparingly, makes for a good dressing room.

ccfc1234

Watching his video he looks like Gyokeres in that he likes to spin players and is comfortable dribbling. Simms isn't like that.
I agree he has those attributes but can he operate and deploy them at Championship level and be as effective. At 9m we are obviously fairly convinced the current league is enough of a read across. If they are right he looks a mobile player.

Finham

The more i read into this the more bonkers it seems (for us). We've apparently been looking at players like Vente and Dragus and have now put in a bid at a much higher rate than the figures rumoured for those two. On the face of it, really exciting to see us spending this kind of money but it does feel a bit 'shit or bust' this season now. Going to be an exciting start to the season watching all these new players come in and settle/adjust....a far cry from Mowbray only being able to spend his pound once or scratting around for the likes of Barrett and Maguire-Drew on loan.
What was it Richardson said that time? "We're going to have a bit of a go" or something along those lines.

Users who are viewing this thread