Gyokeres (5 Viewers)

RoboCCFC90

Fair enough on the Watkins contract length , I doubt you'd find many people willing to take wood over vik .. would you for example rather wood here or vik ?

He's shit

I wouldn't have Chris Wood over Gyok, but that's purely based on the way we have tailored our play to Gyok and his importance on and off the ball, a completely different player to Chris Wood who wouldn't give you what Gyok does.

I hope Mark and Adi have a solution in mind for when inevitably Vik leaves.

Happy_Martian

I don’t think it’s good for Vik to be at the same club as Isak. He will be behind him in the pecking order and Vik needs to lead the line and be the star striker. Especially for international caps as well.

It's also worth noting that whenever I've seen Isak play, he has always strayed to the left side of midfield/attack. Very similar to another Swede we've been talking about.

Can't imagine Newcastle dumping £20mill on a player who would effectively be a backup for another they spent £70mill on.

CCFCSteve

Without King popping up and allowing us to sign McNally, I reckon the fire sale of Hyam to pay for Hamer's new contract put us in a far more vulnerable position, however, than if we'd sold Hamer.

Haha, all ifs and buts though mate

No chance we’d have got to play offs without hamer and with Hyam. Might even have got to Prem if hamer hadn’t got injured

NorthernWisdom

Funnily enough it’s such a sellers market that barely matters.
I honestly think it's overstated. The contract length's an issue if he has his heart set on one club, but other than that he'll be in enough demand that the price will end up fair-ish, you'd hope.

So unless Sporting Lisbon have totally sold him a dream, I could see him being open to other ambitious clubs too. I mean it works the other way too, do Sporting Lisbon want to miss out on their main target by waiting a year...? Does the manager, however highly rated he is, risk finishing fourth again next season in a three team league and therefore miss out on his own career progression?

Colin Steins Smile

I honestly think it's overstated. The contract length's an issue if he has his heart set on one club, but other than that he'll be in enough demand that the price will end up fair-ish, you'd hope.

So unless Sporting Lisbon have totally sold him a dream, I could see him being open to other ambitious clubs too. I mean it works the other way too, do Sporting Lisbon want to miss out on their main target by waiting a year...? Does the manager, however highly rated he is, risk finishing fourth again next season in a three team league and therefore miss out on his own career progression?
Good points - well made! I think Vik could secure a contract with a PL club that will pay him far more than Sporting, so that would be a factor in his thinking.
Hopefully, one of the money bag teams in the PL pursue Vik.

NortonSkyBlue

Fair enough on the Watkins contract length , I doubt you'd find many people willing to take wood over vik .. would you for example rather wood here or vik ?

He's shit
So shit that Premier league Burnley, Forest and champions league Newcastle paid for his services.
Dyche, Cooper and Howe know more than you do about the value of Wood.
still Vik all day long.

Skybluedownunder

Sporting to sell Ugarte
West Ham to sell Declan Rice

Surely we can get £20m out of these two clubs

You’d think Burnley, Brentford, Everton, Palace, Fulham & Wolves would all have an interest too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ccfcisparks

Sporting to sell Ugarte
West Ham to sell Declan Rice

Surely we can get £20m out of these two clubs

You’d think Burnley, Brentford, Everton, Palace, Fulham & Wolves would all have an interest too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd be surprised if he went to Wolves. My Wolves supporting mates tell me they haven't got a pot to piss in and are really in trouble this year.

Hertsccfc

Not really, we could demand the 20m - sporting say right, we’re out, then tell his agent there’s an extra £5m waiting if you don’t sign for anyone until January then sign a pre-contract agreement with them.

we’re not in a position to throw offers like that away. You’re then left with a sulking player which I get the feeling Gyokeres is, causing issues within the team

we knew they were key players 18 month ago - the new deals should
Have been offered the start of last season
How do you know that they weren't? I doubt any of us know anything like the full story with either player.

Evo1883

So shit that Premier league Burnley, Forest and champions league Newcastle paid for his services.
Dyche, Cooper and Howe know more than you do about the value of Wood.
still Vik all day long.
Sorry Mistake GIF

RoboCCFC90

So 700,000 euros at today's rate is just under £600,000, which translates to £11530 per week.
The post does say net but even so, I can't see Vik being interested in that salary.

The salary figures need to be taken with a pinch of salt.

If Vik joins Sporting there are lots of pros to it.

- Lisbon is a beautiful City.
- Sporting are historically one of the biggest clubs in Portugal.
- Sporting are always competing for domestic honours.
- Sporting have qualified for Europa League.
- Sporting have a history of developing players that sell hugely across the continent
- Sporting have an unbelievable stadium and a decent training ground.

Lots more I imagine to Vik choosing Sporting then just the salary.

Last edited:

NorthernWisdom

If Vik joins Sporting there are lots of cons to it.

- Sporting have a history of developing players that sell hugely across the continent

They're reasons not to go there?!?

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

If Vik joins Sporting there are lots of cons to it.

You should get a job on the Sporting Lisbon tourist board.

steve cooper

If Vik joins Sporting there are lots of pros to it.

Yes, that was the point of my post that the instagram message was in all likelyhood just guesswork. my earlier post in the thread would clarify that, and if he does sign for Sporting I'm sure it will be a good move for him.
However, a few alternative points to consider regarding your list of good points.
As lovely as Lisbon is, many younger people would prefer London.
There are only 3 or at most 4 big clubs in Portugal, the rest being approximately League 1 standard IMO
They are always competing for honours due to the overall poor standard of the league
West Ham are rumoured to be very interested, and IMO he will want to consider the move carefully if West Ham actually do come in for him.
This is an interesting read, probably just conjecture of course.

steve cooper

I'm sure it's been said before but while Vik is on international duty, nothing is likely to happen. The processes involved would require him to be available in the location of the purchasing club.
In many transfers, the first thing we hear about it, is the player is undergoing a medical.

slowpoke

Lot of these so called interested clubs haven’t sorted their manager or 1st team coach yet including West Ham with the window open there will be rumours galore about him.

Users who are viewing this thread