Gyokeres (11 Viewers)

PUSB-We_are_going_up

My mate who actually supports Sporting asked me who Vik is similar to and I couldnt come up with anything, who would you say he is similar to as I think he’s very unique

Kingokings204

My mate who actually supports Sporting asked me who Vik is similar to and I couldnt come up with anything, who would you say he is similar to as I think he’s very unique

great question, poor man’s kane or drogba.

skilful and has a football brain. When on fire he is unstoppable and can run and hold the ball up. Got 38 league goals in 2 seasons for us. So goals are there too. It’s no wonder to me and no surprise if he makes it at a higher level.

CCFCSteve

great question, poor man’s kane or drogba.

skilful and has a football brain. When on fire he is unstoppable and can run and hold the ball up. Got 38 league goals in 2 seasons for us. So goals are there too. It’s no wonder to me and no surprise if he makes it at a higher level.

Agree it’s hard to make comparisons. Defo not Kane though, who’s lethal in front of goal and probably the best passing CF around. Viks got far more pace, better running with the ball and more powerful than kane

As said above, Viks pretty unique really.

nunchuckas

Agree it’s hard to make comparisons. Defo not Kane though, who’s lethal in front of goal and probably the best passing CF around. Viks got far more pace, better running with the ball and more powerful than kane

As said above, Viks pretty unique really.
Like Drogba when he was young and raw, with less technique.

Or a poor man's Adebayor.

Can't really think of anyone else with a similar style.

Flying Fokker

Hmm Man City has a bloke similar to him when he holds his ground and pushes away from the player. Gyo needs to develop further but he’s got to be worth a bit. Robins used him to drag players away during the last part of the season. the only issue there was that the others needed to put the ball in the back of the net as well. What will he be like in a striking partnership?

Happy_Martian

I wish people would stop bumping this thread to the top of the forum every five minutes. Every time I see that happen, I think "So he's gone then".

This may be the first transfer we've been involved in over £6m (Keane was £5.5m?) but the replies are either we've all won the lottery or we've lost our closest, dearest pet goldfish for the 15th time this summer (I wouldn't mind but each time I flush him down the loo, he reappears in the fish bowl on my dresser ??!! :unsure:).

My nerves are shot and we're not even into preseason yet :eek:

Finham

I wish people would stop bumping this thread to the top of the forum every five minutes. Every time I see that happen, I think "So he's gone then".

This may be the first transfer we've been involved in over £6m (Keane was £5.5m?) but the replies are either we've all won the lottery or we've lost our closest, dearest pet goldfish for the 15th time this summer (I wouldn't mind but each time I flush him down the loo, he reappears in the fish bowl on my dresser ??!! :unsure:).

Sorry dude.

TomRad85

Keane was 6 I believe and sold for 13. Bellamy cost 6.5

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

AFCCOVENTRY

Frederico Varandas does not rule out the arrival of striker Gyokeres 👀

“I cannot comment on Gyökeres. I'm not saying it's a lie, it's one of the references.
Sporting has grown and today it already has the capacity to reach 20M € for a player, if necessary.”

Seaside-Skyblue

£20m and him going abroad is probably perfect result for us....hope it's true if they have found some extra pennies behind the sofa. Ilove Gyok but Im now firmly in the camp of selling up and reinvesting some of that in some squad depth.

Sent from my SM-A346B using Tapatalk

Torquay Sky Blue

I've watched Benfica live a few times. Impressive stadium and huge fan base (including day trippers) The football is pretty but not great. Vik would do well in Portugal but it's no where near prem level. I really hope he stays in England, interested to see how his game improves and more money for us potentially

robbiekeane

£20m and him going abroad is probably perfect result for us....hope it's true if they have found some extra pennies behind the sofa. Ilove Gyok but Im now firmly in the camp of selling up and reinvesting some of that in some squad depth.

Sent from my SM-A346B using Tapatalk
Euro.

Approx 17m GBP. Take out some sell on % whatever that is and we might get 15m out of it. I'd be happy with that to be fair if we couldn't get any more and the alternative was letting him mope about and run his contract down.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

I honestly can’t remember that well when Bellamy was with us, I was relatively young. why does everyone hate him that much?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The relegation season. He was then fairly uncomplimentary about the set-up/club in general when leaving for Newcastle after a season where he didn't exactly pull up trees for us (possibly harsh given he was recovering from a serious injury).

Users who are viewing this thread