Gyokeres (12 Viewers)

Mcbean

Not really.

Joao Pedro had a contract with Watford running up until 2028. He's younger than Gyokeres by four years.

Brighton have had to pay a premium for the player.

We won't get anywhere near that for Gyokeres as a comparison.
agree you have some points however Vik still outscored him and i did'nt say 30 - there i could be wrong but i do believe proven strikers have more goals

Perryccfc

One bonus about him going to Sporting, don’t Portuguese clubs have to declare fees paid/received to their version of The FA? Sure I remember when the clubs have bought/sold before the fees are always public due to this. Could be wrong.

slowpoke

The continued Newcastle rumour intrigues me wonder with Swedens Isak there if there could be milage in it. Eddie Howe could like the type of centre-forward Vik is.

Last edited:

AFCCOVENTRY

The continued Newcastle rumour intrigues me wonder with Swedens Isak there if there could be milage in it. Eddie Howe could like the type of centre-forward Vik is.

I don’t think it’s good for Vik to be at the same club as Isak. He will be behind him in the pecking order and Vik needs to lead the line and be the star striker. Especially for international caps as well.

Evo1883

Is Chris Wood is 15 million then vik is alot more .. end of story.. way past his best and offering nothing almost

Evo1883

Ollie Watkins 28- 33 million to villa after having a worse 2 years in the championship overall including assists ..

We should expect 20 mill plus or a massive sell on fee

RoboCCFC90

The fact wood has been shit for 4 years and is 31 years old

Viks a better player

In your opinion.

Chris Wood is captain for his country, with 60 Premier League goals.

Gyok has never played in the Premier League, has a year left on his contract at a Championship club, who is tailoring their play to the player himself, there is no guarantee that teams will build their style of play around Vik in the Premier League.

In addition, I see that you mentioned Ollie Watkins, I did respond to this earlier in the thread. Ollie Watkins still had a four year contract at Brentford when he was sold to Villa, therefore they could command whatever they wanted as there was no threat of Watkins leaving for nothing shortly afterwards, not the same in CCFC's position.

NorthernWisdom

Ollie Watkins 28- 33 million to villa after having a worse 2 years in the championship overall including assists ..

We should expect 20 mill plus or a massive sell on fee
I don't disagree with you, although it's not just figures, but how scouts and managers feel a player will adapt.

It's tempered by the likes of Brereton-Diaz of course.

Despite all the mood music I'm not convinced he's been set on Sporting Lisbon as his only choice, so I'd like to think if he went there it'd be for a fee we found acceptable, anyway.

Regardless of all that, replacing him is going to be a proper challenge!

Evo1883

In your opinion.

Chris Wood is captain for his country, with 60 Premier League goals.

Gyok has never played in the Premier League, has a year left on his contract at a Championship club, who is tailoring their play to the player himself, there is no guarantee that teams will build their style of play around Vik in the Premier League.

In addition, I see that you mentioned Ollie Watkins, I did respond to this earlier in the thread. Ollie Watkins still had a four year contract at Brentford when he was sold to Villa, therefore they could command whatever they wanted as there was no threat of Watkins leaving for nothing shortly afterwards, not the same in CCFC's position.
Fair enough on the Watkins contract length , I doubt you'd find many people willing to take wood over vik .. would you for example rather wood here or vik ?

He's shit

CCFCSteve

The fact wood has been shit for 4 years and is 31 years old

Viks a better player

I also reckon Viks a better player but Wood had scored goals in Prem and was a more proven quantity at the time of deal. forest were fighting relegation and obviously agreed to loan plus perm to get deal done

Very hard to do like for like comparisons with players. Again, just to be clear I’d have Vik every day of the week but I bet even in desperate Jan transfer window clubs didn’t offer 20m (Everton and Leeds should’ve, no brainer at time)

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

City are in charge , demand the 20 million pound , not euros

He will bag loads in the Portuguese league for sporting
Not really, we could demand the 20m - sporting say right, we’re out, then tell his agent there’s an extra £5m waiting if you don’t sign for anyone until January then sign a pre-contract agreement with them.

we’re not in a position to throw offers like that away. You’re then left with a sulking player which I get the feeling Gyokeres is, causing issues within the team

we knew they were key players 18 month ago - the new deals should
Have been offered the start of last season

Evo1883

Not really, we could demand the 20m - sporting say right, we’re out, then tell his agent there’s an extra £5m waiting if you don’t sign for anyone until January then sign a pre-contract agreement with them.

we’re not in a position to throw offers like that away. You’re then left with a sulking player which I get the feeling Gyokeres is, causing issues within the team

Arrested Development Crying GIF by HULU

Just pay us !!!😂

CCFCSteve

Good job we didn't sell Gyokeres and Hamer when they had longer on their contracts though, as we'd have got less than we will now...

Yeah, bizarrely. Some people didn’t want to give hamer a new contract last time. That’s probably secured us a few million on it’s own

NorthernWisdom

we knew they were key players 18 month ago - the new deals should
Have been offered the start of last season
Hamer signed a new contract in March 2022!

Users who are viewing this thread