George Floyd (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

I don't even understand how you can raise your child to be in a position where they think that is ok.
Blows my mind.

As as for people filming it. Again, good. Hopefully identify some of the little shits,

Kids raising kids mate.

Edit: That'll teach me not to read on before posting :D

shmmeee

Does dressing up for a prank video qualify? I'd be uncomfortable if it did.

That’s why I’m asking. I can see the argument that by doing it they’ve (arguably unintentionally) harmed the image of the police. Not sure what the actual law is though, I mean they don’t start locking up stripper-grams.

Skybluefaz

It's surely class privelage? I mean in Japan, do they have Japanese privelage, or in Nigeria, do they have black privelage? If in a country where over 3 quarters of the population are white and we are deemed to have the privelage, then how come there are many people of colour who have a better education than me, earn more money than me and send their kids to better schools than me...

Why are white people the only people on earth that are made out to have "privelage" when it's the world's smallest demographic?

Do black people have no privelage anywhere in the entire world?
Do Arabs have no privelage?
Do the Chinese have privelage in China?

Would I as an immigrant to Japan go to the top of job queues as a white male? Don't think so... But I should because I have the privelage right?

If the police arrested me in Ghana, would they let me off because of my privelage?

Class plays a bigger role in people's life map surely?

For example, Oprah Winfrey is privelaged enough to be able to gather several white people in a room and tell them how bad they are... That's privelage... Me a white male, I couldn't do that... More to the point I wouldn't want to
Check out the John Amaechi tweet I embedded mate. Should answer most of your questions.

hill83

Do black people have no privelage anywhere in the entire world?
Do Arabs have no privelage?
Do the Chinese have privelage in China?

I was going to mention this earlier but use Japan as an example. And the answers? The opposite of what I assume you were hoping to make your point. Of course it’s not just white people who have privilege. In the western world you do though. But I guess that’s not what you were going for as you don’t believe it exists anyway.

There are literally jobs you wouldn’t be able to do in Japan.

hill83

So what it really is, is the minorities in any given country face an uphill battle...

With the exception of probably South Africa(a different debate entirely)

Class is also a massive issue for us all including minorities

Well yeah. So why all the denials and laughing?

hill83

Did you have less opportunity than myself in life?
You're mixed race correct?

Have you found life to be against you

Yeah I’m mixed race. I can’t speak for your opportunities in life but I’d guess we’ve had the same go at it. As I basically look white until I tell people otherwise. I’ve seen family members who haven’t been afforded the same opportunities as me. That’s why it baffles me when people say white privilege doesn’t exist. I’m a literal proof that it does. All in my opinion of course.

Life has been pretty good other than being party to racist chat by white people a hell of a lot as they think I’m part of it.
I agree that class plays a massive part as well though, coming from a single parent council estate in Hillfields myself.

I’ve literally said all this in this thread already.

Last edited:

shmmeee

We disagree, but that's fine... That's life.

Do you believe any discrimination happens because of any traits people have? Trying to work out your argument here. You seem to say in one post minorities do have a worse time and then that that idea is laughable.

shmmeee

White people, are not the devil... Despite what liberals like to tell us... We aren't.

We are as much a devil as every other ethnicity on this planet... That's a fact.

I get bored of being told I've had it easy when there have been some horrendous periods in my life... And it's usually by a white man or women.. No disrespect but all its doing is creating further divide
A few thousands who protest don't change the reality that most people are bored of being told how bad they are and how great they've had it in life... . Back to the footy for me

No gripes with you fellas of course, even if we don't agree

Arent you confusing white privilege and white guilt? All that’s really being asked is you recognise others may have a different experience to you. And saying that on average the white experience is easier than the minority one doesn’t mean every white guy has had it easy.

I completely agree that this probably isn’t a useful way of talking about it and that class in this country is probably more important than race in many contexts, and certainly more so than the States where a lot of this stuff comes from. But no need to throw the baby out with the bath water and deny Hill and others their own experiences.

shmmeee

Considering brits are happy to get involved with politics of another country, then we should also be OK with calling out Asian privelage and black privelage alike in majority countries they live in.... But that never happens does it mate... All that happens despite it being completely untrue, is that black people have a much harder experience than white people... That also isn't true for everybody is it mate? Even in Britain... So like I said its a situational problem

Like I say I think the language is clunky and insulting and a little bit racist TBH, but equally I think the hyperbole from environmental activists is a bit OTT at times and counterproductive, that doesn’t mean I stop believing in global warming.

Evo1883

Like I say I think the language is clunky and insulting and a little bit racist TBH, but equally I think the hyperbole from environmental activists is a bit OTT at times and counterproductive, that doesn’t mean I stop believing in global warming.

I believe in global warming, we agree on that :ROFLMAO:

skybluetony176

Read the bottom part of my statement before I added afterwards... Il be fucked if somebody is going to tell me I had privelage because I was white
Have you ever been asked to be a spokesperson for your race in the same way Hill has on here?

Doubtful. And that’s a white privilege.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Ollie ollerton has been dropped from channel 4s SAS who dares wins, because channel 4 want more ethnic diversity.
They're too white according to channel 4. Surely best to "retire" then gradually.

Last edited:

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Have you ever been asked to be a spokesperson for your race in the same way Hill has on here?

Doubtful. And that’s a white privilege.
No it isn't. Its bullshit. You really talk utter crap. Hill has never been " asked" to be a spokesman . He's in a position to speak on issues from an angle that others may not be able to talk about or appreciate. He hasn't been asked . Don't patronise him nor make up some tosh that all white people on here are privileged in some way for not being a spokesman.
Is "white privilege" your new trendy term ? Seems everyone has used it since the video was posted.

Last edited:

skybluetony176

No it isn't. Its bullshit. You really talk utter crap. Hill has never been " asked" to be a spokesman . He's in a position to speak on issues from an angle that others may not be able to talk about or appreciate. He hasn't been asked . Don't patronise him nor make up some tosh that all white people on here are privileged in some way for not being a spokesman.
That’s the same thing. I’ve never been asked by anyone to speak on any issue because I’m “in a position to speak on issues from an angle that others may not be able to talk about or appreciate“ based on my creed or colour. I doubt you have either. Again, that’s white privilege.

skybluetony176

Fuck me liberalism really is a mental disorder... Keep losing

Asking hill if he's struggled in life any more than me, is not asking him to speak on behalf of his race, it's asking him to compare his experience to mine...
What’s liberalism got to do with it?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Asking hill if he's struggled in life any more than me, is not asking him to speak on behalf of his race
White privilege
White privilege
White privilege
That's what you have , sunshine. It hangs around you like a disease.

skybluetony176

You're all bonkers, how on earth you think me asking hill if his life experience is worse than mine because everybody keeps telling us that it must be... Especially people like you... Is me asking him to speak on behalf of his "race" is absurd
Do you really not see the irony in what you’re saying.

shmmeee

"losing"

1596661219099.png

benefits.PNG genderroles.PNG

I could go on.

On any measure liberalism is winning worldwide and has been for centuries.

I suspect you don't mean liberalism though. Especially as you're basically espousing a libertarian view on race.

Users who are viewing this thread