George Floyd (3 Viewers)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

That’s the same thing. I’ve never been asked by anyone to speak on any issue because I’m “in a position to speak on issues from an angle that others may not be able to talk about or appreciate“ based on my creed or colour. I doubt you have either. Again, that’s white privilege.
Thanks for that. If feel privileged and empowered.

shmmeee

When was the last time Britain had a Liberal prime minister? Which elections or referendum do liberals keep winning... Some Liberal policies have been atrocious for society, its not all been great

Britain has a liberal Prime Minister right now...

Why do you think he resisted lockdown?

Evo1883

Deleted my posts can't be arsed...
I really need to stick to football, atleast I know a bit about the game tbh... Fuck me thick as shit me on alot of things outside of football, apologies gents
giphy.gif

Last edited:

RegTheDonk

This made me smile.

Fair play. Innocent guy, not playing up, everbody happy.

Fair play to the lady - at a distance, thinks she's doing the right thing. Not interfearing, not shouting abuse, not getting unnecessarily involved, not causing a distraction, not enflaming the situation, not stopping the cops doing their job.

Basically .. not being a c*nt ;)

shmmeee

I was going to say people don't like being told how to think...

Interesting nontherless

I maintain that the long term answer here is exposure to each other. And that’s a long process of social change that won’t be done quickly.

Protestors should be focusing on changes that can be enacted like those suggested in previous race reviews IMO.

My main issue with a lot of modern social justice activism isn’t that I disagree with the aims, it’s that I don’t think the methods are effective.

RegTheDonk

I was going to say people don't like being told how to think...

Interesting nontherless
I think if we all had a definative answer we would get nobel prizes.

We've had diversity training regularly over the years but now the problem is it's having the negative effect of people thinking, yes we get it ... ffs stop going on about it. In effect, rather than keep educating people about the problem, many are sick and tired of being lectured about having values that we know would be unacceptable. We are adults and we should know right from wrong.

Over the years it's usually been enlightening, but often loses impact due to more proposterous ways to find something wrong or offensive. A quick example, my colleage had to go to an office and pick up a piece of work that was being done for him by two women. He took the items and said "thanks ladies" on his way out. He then gets carpeted by his gaffer fresh from a course as he should have said "thanks colleagues". The women weren't bothered and were a bit embarrassed by it.

The best diversity awareness I know is from your peers and workmates as they are generally the people you take notice of .... assuming they have the gumption to pull people up when they see error.

hill83

I remember the kicking off about the brown shades of plasters from your usual suspects a few months back as well. Let us have a couple of shades of brown plasters for fuck sake.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4439

I still don't get how it's the same? You've read the article I presume?

I think you're perhaps focussing on the person's argument and so missing the commentary on wokefulness. Yes, from a woke position on colour, the association of skin colour with a sweet fruit would be fine, presumably. However, but from a woke's position on misogyny, it's not.

David O'Day

Channel 4 news riding around in the back of a cop car and even with a news crew on board the dibble managed to stop 2 lads for the crime of being black and having a nice car.

Ring Of Steel

I think you're perhaps focussing on the person's argument and so missing the commentary on wokefulness. Yes, from a woke position on colour, the association of skin colour with a sweet fruit would be fine, presumably. However, but from a woke's position on misogyny, it's not.

Commentary on wokefulness? I think you mean case study on how certain people spend all day slagging off people they class as “woke”, however- as this case demonstrates- are actually the most delicate, oversensitive & easily offended people of all.

D

Deleted member 4439

Commentary on wokefulness? I think you mean case study on how certain people spend all day slagging off people they class as “woke”, however- as this case demonstrates- are actually the most delicate, oversensitive & easily offended people of all.

Probably my second ever post on wofefulness, and a response that was polite rather than challenging.

Chap, you are one of the most antagonistic, argumentative posters on here. This is the one and only response to your posts you are going to get from me.

Ring Of Steel

Probably my second ever post on wofefulness, and a response that was polite rather than challenging.

Chap, you are one of the most antagonistic, argumentative posters on here. This is the one and only response to your posts you are going to get from me.

Thanks for letting me know, I would have got worried waiting for your brilliant & insightful replies😄

Marty

Presumably, a peach bra would sexist.

This women is clearly an idiot, I can kind of see where shes heading with the Tobacco description, but it takes an awful lot of mental gymnastics to get there. But then to suggest the names should be 'cocoa, caramel or chocolate' during the middle of an obesity epidemic. Not sure why Marks needed to apologise though.

Surely we can't be too far away from companies just dropping lines for BAME community now, seems more trouble then it's worth most of the time.

Ian1779

Presumably, a peach bra would sexist.
Before I read the article - I assumed she mostly had an issue with glamourising tobacco (which I can agree with)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Channel 4 news riding around in the back of a cop car and even with a news crew on board the dibble managed to stop 2 lads for the crime of being black and having a nice car.
Did you ejaculate with excitement when you came to this inevitable conclusion ?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Grenners is a weirdo and a fantasist. ADM clearly wants to shag me.
Well it really depend on whether the religion and race you have chosen to be for today allows it.

David O'Day

It’s when he misread something you said about 30 pages ago. It’s wasn’t the most eloquently written sentence to be fair but you ignoring it for weeks hasn’t helped. I could find the post but I can’t be arsed.

Must of my sentences are that eloquently written to be fair but if this weirdo has misread something and got obsessed about it then he can be ignored for another 30 pages. Back on the naughty step he goes

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Must of my sentences are that eloquently written to be fair but if this weirdo has misread something and got obsessed about it then he can be ignored for another 30 pages. Back on the naughty step he goes
They are or not eloquently written ?
Are you black or white or mixed or whatever so we can be absolutely clear ?
Or aren't you sure ?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread