George Floyd (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
That's really shit, sorry to hear that.

I just find it unbelievable people have that much audacity, but I guess they know they will get away with it.

Oh it was years ago, not bothered now. The lad has since been battered to fuck with an axe I think and moved away.

ccfc92

Oh it was years ago, not bothered now. The lad has since been battered to fuck with an axe I think and moved away.

giphy.gif

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I have just seen another video of the athlete incident.

He drove past at least 3 spaces where he could stop and you can see the police van behind them, he drives off while she gets her phone out to film out of the back window where you can see the police van trying to catch up.

If it was racist, what makes this incident racist? Without ROS or DOD giving it the "you are denying racism exists". Why was this racist? After he had driven off from the police and they both get hysterical when the police catch up with them.

Exactly.

No one is saying racism doesn't exist. The whole concept of equality is just a side plot when every man and his dog are crying discrimination.

I'll point out racism but I'll also point out nonsense. The athlete, the guy not paying for the train ticket, and the guy on the bike. All of them have behaved incorrectly and then played the race card.

It's funny how some went quiet on this thread for so long. Then there was a racist incident at wetherspoons though, so thankfully we can push that agenda again.

Nick

Administrator
Exactly.

No one is saying racism doesn't exist. The whole concept of equality is just a side plot when every man and his dog are crying discrimination.

I'll point out racism but I'll also point out nonsense. The athlete, the guy not paying for the train ticket, and the guy on the bike. All of them have behaved incorrectly and then played the race card.

It's funny how some went quiet on this thread for so long. Then there was a racist incident at wetherspoons though, so thankfully we can push that agenda again.

The thing is it isn't every person who's black doing it, far from it. Just the same as not every person who is white is like the c**t in broadgate. Just that same as not every white police person is racist, just the same as not every black person is a criminal.

I'd hazard a guess at the vast majority of people, regardless of colour just want normal equality without an extreme going either way. People need to stop hiding behind things as an excuse for being a c**t, whether it's the pricks abusing a lad having a quiet drink because of Black Lives Matter or people claiming everything and anything is racist and if you question it then you must be racist or denying it exists.

There's never any constructive discussion because the media are only interested in extremes either way, they spin it all up. Of course things need to be discussed and debated to get a fix but just trying to get everybody angry all the time isn't going to fix anything.

I saw something the other from America (cant remember where) where an old bloke back in the day was properly racist, hated gay people etc. His adopted daughter married a black woman and after just talking, getting to know her his views changed over the years and now they refurbish motorbikes together. It's not excusing racism in the slightest, just that some discussions and awareness need to be had. Not just "THE BLACKS" or "THE WHITES". It's not a fucking war, no matter how much the media want it to be.

Skybluefaz

Exactly.

Not really funny, it's just that if I think something is relevant to the OP I'll post it. The kid on the bike thing I don't get, I can't see how its racist. Is the insinuation that because the bloke who hit him with the car is white and the kid is black he did it because because he's black rather than that he was riding his bike like a prick? The car thing I ain't even gonna try and get involved because it sounds like a shit show.

ccfc92

Not really funny, it's just that if I think something is relevant to the OP I'll post it. The kid on the bike thing I don't get, I can't see how its racist. Is the insinuation that because the bloke who hit him with the car is white and the kid is black he did it because because he's black rather than that he was riding his bike like a prick? The car thing I ain't even gonna try and get involved because it sounds like a shit show.

I posted the bike video, mainly in response to Nick saying there is a society issue of people acting like pricks and also the train ticket video crowd reminding me of the way the lad on the bike's friends acted.

Skybluefaz

I posted the bike video, mainly in response to Nick saying there is a society issue of people acting like pricks and also the train ticket video crowd reminding me of the way the lad on the bike's friends acted.
I don't disagree with that. When did the lad on the bike 'play the race card'?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

This is part of the issue with society today

The police stop someone illegally based on the colour of their skin and then lie about why that person was stopped and they get away with it.

Now the police have stopped someone for being black and having a nice car but they've fucked yup by stoppinmg someone with a voice in the media.

But there are still people who as the police say "They were driving dangerously" will just take great delight in swallowing the polices lies and bullshit.

I've seen people get illegally stopped and searched, i've even been walking down the road with a mate and he has been stopped and searched and I haven't even though we were together. Only difference is he is white.
So you were with a mate but thought you weren't and suddenly you declare you are black. Wow.

shmmeee

Regular reminder that the world isn’t going to shit, kids these days aren’t any worse than previous generations, and you just think they are because of the prevalence of video cameras and social media.

shmmeee

Regular reminder that the world isn’t going to shit, kids these days aren’t any worse than previous generations, and you just think they are because of the prevalence of video cameras and social media.

And the first tweet I see after posting this then going on Twitter:

Nick

Administrator
It's not just social media, it's everywhere. You literally really have to distance and go off grid to get away from it.

RegTheDonk

View attachment 15769

Here's the road they were supposedly driving down on the "wrong side of the road"

Anyone see the problem?
A vehicle with blacked out windows made off at speed from the officers, travelling the wrong side of the road. The officers eventually caught up with the vehicle which was stopped in LANHILL ROAD W9. The driver initially refused to get out of the vehicle.

Could have driven down the wrong side of the M1 for all we know.

RegTheDonk

There are also constant attempts to deny racism exists, however take a step back from the individual incidents and the reality is that it does, right from the top. Thats not going to be corrected & addressed by talking about whether an athlete or the police were in the wrong when a car is pulled over- I would imagine lots of these types of things are just stupid. Its a circular argument here & I have no plans to get embroiled in it- however to keep saying that its agreed that racism is an issue then rejecting everything out of hand based on these types of things- imho its missing the point a bit.
OK, it's You Are The Ref. time. Lets look at that those plod at the station. What did they do wrong? Should they have let the bloke go? After all, on face value and prior to a search or establishing his identiy, he'd only dodged a ticket. Why would he run away just for that?

Is the fact he's black and those girls screaming let him go it's because hes black swaying your judgement that he should go on his merry way?

Nobody's "rejecting racism out of hand". If anything it's the opposite as some people seem hell bent to find problems when they either don't exist or can be justified.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Just a point but if it had blacked out windows (which I believe are illegal now in this country and reason enough to stop the car, how would you be able to see into the car well enough to determine the ethnicity of the occupants?

Although the evidence thus far seems rather he said she said, it would appear the police had many reasons to stop the car and the underlying reasons have nothing to do with racism. It's someone who's done something wrong trying to use racism to appear the victim.

RegTheDonk

Exactly.

Horrendus attitudes like that in spoons can now be dealt with as a hate crime. Good to see the police treating it seriously as it should be. I've no doubt before McPherson this would have been brushed off, but seems the police HAVE learned something in 21 years,.

Ring Of Steel

OK, it's You Are The Ref. time. Lets look at that those plod at the station. What did they do wrong? Should they have let the bloke go? After all, on face value and prior to a search or establishing his identiy, he'd only dodged a ticket. Why would he run away just for that?

Is the fact he's black and those girls screaming let him go it's because hes black swaying your judgement that he should go on his merry way?

Nobody's "rejecting racism out of hand". If anything it's the opposite as some people seem hell bent to find problems when they either don't exist or can be justified.

I don’t know anything about that incident as I’ve said multiple times, and I haven’t said it was racist, I’m not sure why you’re so obsessed with it.

Ring Of Steel

Drivers fault , he was white?

All it proves is that doing wheelies, undertaking traffic, having an attitude bruv and possibly being distracted while wearing headphones is one day going to cause an accident.

I don’t think he was on about that clip tbh, and I may be wrong but I didn’t see anyone bring racism up in connection to that- I’ve lost track of all the videos popping up now.

Nick

Administrator
I don’t know anything about that incident as I’ve said multiple times, and I haven’t said it was racist, I’m not sure why you’re so obsessed with it.
But you jumped in making out people were denying racism exists and that nonsense? When they were discussing an incident you have no idea about.

You said that if the KKK were about people would excuse them, then you didn't have a clue about when people were in no way excusing a racist on here, the opposite.

Nice one. Good to see you were well versed before throwing about the "racism denyer" bullshit.

That's what happens when you aren't bothered about facts, just politics and backing up whatever your man David says.

Ring Of Steel

But you jumped in making out people were denying racism exists and that nonsense? When they were discussing an incident you have no idea about.

You said that if the KKK were about people would excuse them, then you didn't have a clue about when people were in no way excusing a racist on here, the opposite.

Nice one. Good to see you were well versed before throwing about the "racism denyer" bullshit.

That's what happens when you aren't bothered about facts, just politics and backing up whatever your man David says.

lol- ok then.. I’m fine with where I stand on it, and it’s not me getting all defensive jumping on everything.

David O'Day

A vehicle with blacked out windows made off at speed from the officers, travelling the wrong side of the road. The officers eventually caught up with the vehicle which was stopped in LANHILL ROAD W9. The driver initially refused to get out of the vehicle.

Could have driven down the wrong side of the M1 for all we know.

As they say they drove a bit further down the road and pulled into a parking space when safe to do so it's the same road.

Still any excuse to blame the black folk

Nick

Administrator
As they say they drove a bit further down the road and pulled into a parking space when safe to do so it's the same road.

The video even shows them on 2 different roads and it started after they had driven off.

The video shows them going past multiple safe parking spots.

Who's the one looking for excuses? Just dreaming things up, it's embarrassing.

chiefdave

If that’s what they’re claiming it doesn’t match what’s on the video. You can clearly see on that they drive down two roads before turning into the single lane road. They only actually stop when a second police car Is coming toward them, with one in front and one behind there is nowhere left for them to go.

You might suggest that the fact a second police car was required to block the road supports the polices version of events, that they failed to stop.

David O'Day

If that’s what they’re claiming it doesn’t match what’s on the video. You can clearly see on that they drive down two roads before turning into the single lane road. They only actually stop when a second police car Is coming toward them, with one in front and one behind there is nowhere left for them to go.

You might suggest that the fact a second police car was required to block the road supports the polices version of events, that they failed to stop.

look at the road lay out round there Dave

Nothing on the video contradicts their account. I'm not going to further engage with this rather weird flex of people tying themselves in knots to justify the polices actions.

It's going to go to court, the police will have to release their dash cam then.

I truly feel for the non famous black people who get illegally stopped by the police who don't have the voice they do and face the rather weird flex from people.

Nick

Administrator
look at the road lay out round there Dave

Nothing on the video contradicts their account. I'm not going to further engage with this rather weird flex of people tying themselves in knots to justify the polices actions.

It's going to go to court, the police will have to release their dash cam then.

I truly feel for the non famous black people who get illegally stopped by the police who don't have the voice they do and face the rather weird flex from people.

But it is you trying to justify their actions of driving away and making things up? Their own video shows them going past safer places to stop than where they finally stopped. She clearly knew the police were asking them to stop, hence she started filming.

People like you are actually part of the problem. You invent things that they must be innocent because they claim racism, even though the video contradicts some things

When proved wrong you just say gammon or racist, you can't deal with a constructive discussion.

Last edited:

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
But it is you trying to justify their actions of driving away and making things up? Their own video shows them going past safer places to stop than where they finally stopped. She clearly knew the police were asking them to stop, hence she started filming.

People like you are actually part of the problem. You invent things that they must be innocent because they claim racism, even though the video contradicts some things

When proved wrong you just say gammon or racist, you can't deal with a constructive discussion.
JK Rowling joins warning over free speech

Otis

Anyone watching the cricket coverage?

Absolutely fabulous talk about black/white inequality.

Michael Holding and Nasser Hussain,.

Sick Boy

Yeah, failed to stop, drove away at speed, drove on the wrong side of the road and also refused to get out of the car. The woman has been too traumatised to watch the video she made (that seems to start and end missing loads out) but she has uploaded it to social media.

Then wondering why the police are suspicious but it's instantly racist. What's the point? Don't drive away, don't drive on the wrong side of the road. It's all well and good playing on the "baby in the car" but why drive away from the police like a dick with the baby in the car?

It is going to get to the point where people are too scared to pull people over. I used to get pulled over on a weekly basis, just got out and didn't backchat or give it attitude and it's surprising how you get treated compared to if you drive away fast on the wrong side of the road.

I have visions of you in an dodgy nova with garage blasting out of the windows haha

Users who are viewing this thread