George Floyd (4 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Not at all. You're telling sections of the black community they're dealing with racism wrong!
I mean backing a movement that was founded by the people it was is kind of wrong. Hence organisations are pulling support for it.

Imagine somebody on here asking questions about Tommy Robinson just being told that they back child abuse if they ask any questions.

It's literally not much different, that's more aimed at blm and Robinson for being manipulating cunts. Not the people who are purposely wound up and filled with random things.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

They've been saying it for years. The George Floyd death just resonated round the world. Sometimes one event stands out more than.others and captures the attention of the public.
That's nothing new though is it ? Any atrocity resonates , for varying degrees of time , across the globe. Whether it lasts remains to be seen. Whether those white people, many of whom seemed more interested in selfies during the marches than anything else, will "support" it in months time remains to be seen as well.
Public outrage can be channelled into change but if you're on a day out in the sun it ain't gonna happen .

clint van damme

I mean backing a movement that was founded by the people it was is kind of wrong. Hence organisations are pulling support for it.

Imagine somebody on here asking questions about Tommy Robinson just being told that they back child abuse if they ask any questions.

It's literally not much different, that's more aimed at blm and Robinson for being manipulating cunts. Not the people who are purposely wound up and filled with random things.

It's not the same at all.
There's no problem with questioning the protests, questioning certain actions of the organisers or movement behind them but you can do that without trying to trash the motivation of everyone involved.
If the police officer hadn't knelt on that man's neck for nearly nine minutes we wouldn't be having this conversation. We shouldn't lose sight of that.

clint van damme

That's nothing new though is it ? Any atrocity resonates , for varying degrees of time , across the globe. Whether it lasts remains to be seen. Whether those white people, many of whom seemed more interested in selfies during the marches than anything else, will "support" it in months time remains to be seen as well.
Public outrage can be channelled into change but if you're on a day out in the sun it ain't gonna happen .

But sometimes a moment captures public imagination and becomes iconic.
The burning monk in Vietenam, tank man in Tiennamen square, Madeline McCann.

It goes the other way as well like Colonel Tom.

Nick

Administrator
It's not the same at all.
There's no problem with questioning the protests, questioning certain actions of the organisers or movement behind them but you can do that without trying to trash the motivation of everyone involved.
If the police officer hadn't knelt on that man's neck for nearly nine minutes we wouldn't be having this conversation. We shouldn't lose sight of that.

I mean yeah, there's a redneck c**t in America who should be done for murder but still, nobody seems to really know much about what's going on closer to home. Why's that? Why is it that you have people reeling off random facts about America?

I am sure when people are setting up EDL rallies they are well motivated.

Of course, that's not saying it's about people who want change and equality. Of course it's not. When you see some of the "comrades" involved it's very shady.

That's not aimed at somebody who has had to put up with coventrians all their life, far from it.

Nick

Administrator
But sometimes a moment captures public imagination and becomes iconic.
The burning monk in Vietenam, tank man in Tiennamen square, Madeline McCann.

It goes the other way as well like Colonel Tom.
This one just happened to make millions for the founders of the slogan that's attached and their comrades.

Manipulating a shit situation. Just like Robinson when there's a sniff of a Muslim in the wrong with a big wooden spoon.

clint van damme

I mean yeah, there's a redneck c**t in America who should be done for murder but still, nobody seems to really know much about what's going on closer to home. Why's that? Why is it that you have people reeling off random facts about America?

I am sure when people are setting up EDL rallies they are well motivated.

Of course, that's not saying it's about people who want change and equality. Of course it's not. When you see some of the "comrades" involved it's very shady.

That's not aimed at somebody who has had to put up with coventrians all their life, far from it.

But in.my opinion your focusing too much on the comrades and not enough on the concerns of the people who've had to put up with the Conventrians.
Look at what the secret services recently said about the increasing threat from the far right. I think it's evident there's a growing issue.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

But in.my opinion your focusing too much on the comrades and not enough on the concerns of the people who've had to put up with the Conventrians.
Look at what the secret services recently said about the increasing threat from the far right. I think it's evident there's a growing issue.
Its no wonder . Its a reaction. I'm not supporting it but it's inevitable, particularly given the influence of social media.
Good panorama investigation into the rise of neo Nazis on the iPlayer. Its uncomfortable viewing but stuff like mob rule pulling down statues and vandalising the Churchill statue in particular is playing into their hands.

Nick

Administrator

That's the thing, in the Tommy Robinson thread I was all over that saying he was full of shit. I don't doubt there's a threat from the far right who listen to his shit and that he prays on. Its not a one of the other.

In some ways he's less dangerous as he's not clever enough and is too blatent. Some of the BLM stuff is very sly and manipulating.

As I said earlier in the thread, when you have things stirred up in the media all day every day, social media then it will be fuelling hatred both ways. It is likely to drive people to the likes of Robinson at one end and BLM / antifa at the other end.

Because of George flloyd and the reaction, people have seen this as a pass to do whatever they want.

Making things about politics and extremes for everything takes the focus away from the victims of racism, much like when Robinson takes it away from child sex victims.

The BBC even tried to make out that nature was racist, people have tried to say Coco pops are racist and that's the stuff all day every day that people see.

They don't get to see just "normal" people who have grown up facing the issues all of their lives. They don't get to see a discussion between "normal" people about their issues.

By normal I mean not fucking extreme mentalists that seem to get all of the attention either way.

RegTheDonk

Isn't it just the idea that as a white person you can't be passively anti-racist? Essentially you can be actively racist, passively racist or actively anti-racist. Think that's what is meant.

So to give an example you hear someone calling an opposition player the n-word. As a white person you might think thats disgusting and in your own mind you've ticked the box as anti-racist because you don't agree with them. You only consider yourself racist if you either join in or you agree with them.

What this is saying is that your silence enables the racism and if you are truly anti-racist you intervene.
That's very true Dave. People get away with behaviour like that because they aren't challenged.

It's unfortunately difficult in some cases to call it out though because it doesn't affect you. You think you would do the right thing, but in reality it's risk vs reward: preservation vs the benefits to someone else. Weather it's at a match or overhearing a boss slagging off a customer behind their back, the knowledge that guy will probably never change his attitude is also a factor.

Had a situation a few weeks ago playing on line with some random cock. Reported it to the developers but don't think it has been progressed. Won't affect me either way, never seen the guy before and not likely to bump into him in a game ... so do I put the screen shots on line to name and shame, which will enrage the anti-racists but also bolster the racists? Or just leave it at that, knowing the bloke will always be a racist nob.

Nick

Administrator
That's very true Dave. People get away with behaviour like that because they aren't challenged.

It's unfortunately difficult in some cases to call it out though because it doesn't affect you. You think you would do the right thing, but in reality it's risk vs reward: preservation vs the benefits to someone else. Weather it's at a match or overhearing a boss slagging off a customer behind their back, the knowledge that guy will probably never change his attitude is also a factor.

Had a situation a few weeks ago playing on line with some random cock. Reported it to the developers but don't think it has been progressed. Won't affect me either way, never seen the guy before and not likely to bump into him in a game ... so do I put the screen shots on line to name and shame, which will enrage the anti-racists but also bolster the racists? Or just leave it at that, knowing the bloke will always be a racist nob.
I think the best way is to bring in systems to help do it without confrontation. I think the club did have a thing in place where you could text and report things but no idea if it actually did anything.

If I was on my own or with mates and had a stella I'd be more inclined to tell somebody to shut up than I would be with my daughter at a match.

There needs to be more ways to be able to help things get reported, dealt with as well.

That's not just in football but in life, it also needs to not go too far the other way where people abuse it to make out everything is racist to dilute it.

clint van damme

That's the thing, in the Tommy Robinson thread I was all over that saying he was full of shit. I don't doubt there's a threat from the far right who listen to his shit and that he prays on. Its not a one of the other.

In some ways he's less dangerous as he's not clever enough and is too blatent. Some of the BLM stuff is very sly and manipulating.

As I said earlier in the thread, when you have things stirred up in the media all day every day, social media then it will be fuelling hatred both ways. It is likely to drive people to the likes of Robinson at one end and BLM / antifa at the other end.

Because of George flloyd and the reaction, people have seen this as a pass to do whatever they want.

Making things about politics and extremes for everything takes the focus away from the victims of racism, much like when Robinson takes it away from child sex victims.

The BBC even tried to make out that nature was racist, people have tried to say Coco pops are racist and that's the stuff all day every day that people see.

They don't get to see just "normal" people who have grown up facing the issues all of their lives. They don't get to see a discussion between "normal" people about their issues.

By normal I mean not fucking extreme mentalists that seem to get all of the attention either way.

When BLM have killed a politician, ran over and killed an old man coming out of a mosque,. ran.over and killed a young woman counter protestor or shot up a synagogue on either side of the Atlantic I'll entertain you trying to compare them to the far right.

Nick

Administrator
When BLM have killed a politician, ran over and killed an old man coming out of a mosque,. ran.over and killed a young woman counter protestor or shot up a synagogue on either side of the Atlantic I'll entertain you trying to compare them to the far right.

So there's been no death or violence to do with far left?

Like I've said, you have to be balanced and be able to call both cunts.

clint van damme

So there's been no death or violence?

Like I've said, you have to be balanced and be able to call both cunts.

There's been violence. But the far right are a different league. The security services haven't issued warnings of the growing threat from the far left in the UK.
The FBI haven't issued warnings about the far left infiltrating the police in the US. This different cheeks of the same arse argument is bollocks to be honest.

Same way as I wouldn't compare the far right to ISIS who are another level of cuntishness altogether.

Nick

Administrator
There's been violence. But the far right are a different league. The security services haven't issued warnings of the growing threat from the far left in the UK.
The FBI haven't issued warnings about the far left infiltrating the police in the US. This different cheeks of the same arse argument is bollocks to be honest.

Same way as I wouldn't compare the far right to ISIS who are another level of cuntishness altogether.

That's the thing, you can't say one c**t is ok but the other one isn't because you might agree more with their politics and whether you are left or right.

This is what I mean by taking politics out of it and people facing up to things.

clint van damme

That's the thing, you can't say one c**t is ok but the other one isn't because you might agree more with their politics and whether you are left or right.

This is what I mean by taking politics out of it and people facing up to things.

And you can't say two cunts are as bad as each other when one is demonstratably worse. No matter what the politics.

Nick

Administrator
And you can't say two cunts are as bad as each other when one is demonstratably worse. No matter what the politics.
In terms of manipulation and taking advantage, they are.

I'm happy to call both sides out, not say "yeah but right wing" or "yeah but left wing".

clint van damme

In terms of manipulation and taking advantage, they are.

I'm happy to call both sides out, not say "yeah but right wing" or "yeah but left wing".

Google far right terror threat in.uk.
The Google far left terror threat in UK.

Look at the results and tell me they're as bad and you're either on the wind up or have a very different definition.of bad to me

Nick

Administrator
Google far right terror threat in.uk.
The Google far left terror threat in UK.

Look at the results and tell me they're as bad and you're either on the wind up or have a very different definition.of bad to me
You are the one mentioning terror, I've been talking about manipulation, fund raising, misleading etc.

Like I've said, I'm not saying the far right aren't cunts. I clearly am, there's no point trying to tell me how bad they are as I know. I said this on the Tommy Robinson thread when he was in the news to people defending him. I said it on the thread about Jo cox.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Police now racist for stopping a car driving on the wrong side of the road and failing to stop.

I never get why people give it loads to the police and then wonder why they get a bit back. What do you expect if you make off when being asked to stop and refuse to get out of the car?

Am I missing something? This is where people need to be responsible for their own actions.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Police now racist for stopping a car driving on the wrong side of the road and failing to stop.

Am I missing something? This is where people need to be responsible for their own actions.

I never get why people give it loads to the police and then wonder why they get a bit back.

Is this the athletes? Apparently the initial complaint was made by Linford Christie....a man once described by a team-mate as "a well balanced athlete as he has a big chip on both shoulders"

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

This weekend there has been a variety of killings in the US, such as an 8 year old girl being shot at a BLM rally.

67 shot in Chicago, 13 died including a seven year old girl.

Most of the victims and perpetrators were black. Crickets.

Over here there is a backlash about pulling over a driver who then tried to make off because apparently it was racist. Now the BBC are pushing this 'white guilt' shit again.

How is the fight against racism going to be won? Not this way, that's for sure.

Nick

Administrator
Is this the athletes? Apparently the initial complaint was made by Linford Christie....a man once described by a team-mate as "a well balanced athlete as he has a big chip on both shoulders"

Yeah, failed to stop, drove away at speed, drove on the wrong side of the road and also refused to get out of the car. The woman has been too traumatised to watch the video she made (that seems to start and end missing loads out) but she has uploaded it to social media.

Then wondering why the police are suspicious but it's instantly racist. What's the point? Don't drive away, don't drive on the wrong side of the road. It's all well and good playing on the "baby in the car" but why drive away from the police like a dick with the baby in the car?

It is going to get to the point where people are too scared to pull people over. I used to get pulled over on a weekly basis, just got out and didn't backchat or give it attitude and it's surprising how you get treated compared to if you drive away fast on the wrong side of the road.

Nick

Administrator
This weekend there has been a variety of killings in the US, such as an 8 year old girl being shot at a BLM rally.

67 shot in Chicago, 13 died including a seven year old girl.

Most of the victims and perpetrators were black.

Over here there is a backlash about pulling over a driver who then tried to make off because apparently it was racist. Now the BBC are pushing this 'white guilt' shit again.

Surely the whole "Karen" thing is racist in it's self?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Surely the whole "Karen" thing is racist in it's self?

Depends who's getting offended I guess. I would find it quite funnily ordinarily, but imagine if it was a white woman presenting that BBC Sounds clip being condescending towards two black women using phrases like that.

Statues would be toppling.

RegTheDonk

Police now racist for stopping a car driving on the wrong side of the road and failing to stop....
Just saw this on the 1pm news, interesting that fact wasn't highlighted in the police quote, nor the question even asked by the reporter. Does present a somewhat one sided arguement.

Nick

Administrator
Just saw this on the 1pm news, interesting that fact wasn't highlighted in the police quote, nor the question even asked by the reporter. Does present a somewhat one sided arguement.
Of course it is. Everything and everybody is racist.

All it does is divert from the actual racist people and institutions.

shmmeee

I’ve seen conflicting reports about that car stop, some claiming the car wasn’t speeding and pulled into a parking space on the opposite side of the road as soon as it was safe. To be honest this kind of he said she said stuff doesn’t interest me. Nothings going to come out from either side that isn’t tainted with potential bias.

The Karen thing started as a fairly normal meme but has become pretty racist and misogynistic IMO.

Nick

Administrator
I’ve seen conflicting reports about that car stop, some claiming the car wasn’t speeding and pulled into a parking space on the opposite side of the road as soon as it was safe. To be honest this kind of he said she said stuff doesn’t interest me. Nothings going to come out from either side that isn’t tainted with potential bias.

The Karen thing started as a fairly normal meme but has become pretty racist and misogynistic IMO.

It's worrying when you have the media jumping in and using it as well.

It's as if it is encouraged to try and stir things up.

I am not sure about the "straight to social media and the press" approach that happens nowadays either. Then pricks like Piers Morgan and other gimps jump in and fuel it all as well.

covmark

The Police should release their dash cam footage and body cam footage. That would clear it all up instantly.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
The Police should release their dash cam footage and body cam footage. That would clear it all up instantly.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Not sure they usually do for things like that? It's usually after an investigation not just to the media.

Shock, this prick is trying to stir things up.

Users who are viewing this thread