George Floyd (4 Viewers)

Skybluefaz

Maybe they'd have been better illuminating it in remembrance of the 22 who died in the manchester bombings 4 years ago today .

In this country

Never mind eh
I see Starmer has put a tweet out in commemoration of Lee Rigby who lost his life on this day 8 years ago. Nothing from Johnson.

Is that how you do it?

It's a shame there are that many tragic incidents that deserve noting in such a way. Making it a political point is distasteful.

Evo1883

I see Starmer has put a tweet out in commemoration of Lee Rigby who lost his life on this day 8 years ago. Nothing from Johnson.

Is that how you do it?

It's a shame there are that many tragic incidents that deserve noting in such a way. Making it a political point is distasteful.

Norwich Council are the ones making it political ..

And well done to keir starmer

I don't vote tory though so your post isn't aimed at me

stupot07

Well you only really need 1 .

The manchester bombing took place 4 years ago today .

Instead they are lighting up buildings for a man who wasn't particularly nice
You completely miss the point. However nice he is or wasn't is irrelevant, its what his murder represents.

On a side note, we should also be remembering those that lost their lives in Manchester..

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 4439

There's a number in there, but you can look yourself. But even if there were none, I'd question the appropriateness. I appreciate that others may feel differently. But what we can agree on, how you feel about it should bear no reflection on your view of discrimination in the UK and one's support to end it.

Can we agree on this forum to drop the words "you've missed the point". It's leads to very one-dimensional thinking and discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Evo1883

You completely miss the point. However nice he is or wasn't is irrelevant, its what his murder represents.

On a side note, we should also be remembering those that lost their lives in Manchester..

Most brits don't give a flying hoot about George floyd .

Norwich Council are appeasing nobody but a minority of people .

George floyd has absolutely nothing to do with Britain

Ccfcisparks

There's a number in they, but you can look yourself. But even if there were none, I'd question the appropriateness. I appreciate that other may feel differently. But what we can agree on, how you feel about it should bear no reflection on your view of discrimination in the UK and one's support to end it.
If there were a number surely you read a few, why’s it so hard just to list a couple?

Ccfcisparks

Most Brits clearly do give a flying hoot because look at what it’s stirred with this Norwich post.

stupot07

Have you actually read the article? Its black history month on Norwich, which is why they are doing it. Its not just about floyd but all those that have lost their lives in the black civil rights movement.

"Appeasing nobody but a minority of people" jesus wept.

If the people of Norwich do not want it they should be canvassing their local councillors to get it stopped. It has nothing to do with me or you or anyone who does not live in Norwich.

Evo1883

Have you actually read the article? Its black history month on Norwich, which is why they are doing it. Its not just about floyd but all those that have lost their lives in the black civil rights movement.

"Appeasing nobody but a minority of people" jesus wept.

Well just make out its for black history month ..but they never , they specifically made it about George floyd

Don't twist what I'm saying when you can read exactly what it says .

Evo1883

LABOUR -3

Skybluestalk
giphy.gif

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

LABOUR -3

Sky blues talk
giphy.gif

I mean, that's kind of the point. The most aggressive post on this thread was a response to someone posting the tweet from Norwich Council.

Nothing else really needs to be said. That line of politics and sneering towards people who don't agree with them is what is losing the votes more and more each time.

Evo1883

Was going to add why to my no using the edit button but il make a separate post asking instead .

No , why stupot

stupot07

Because the way local government works is that the council officers set the agenda, recommendations, etc then councils just rubber stamp them. This is likely nothing to do with labour or any of the councillors but a council decision based on feedback from doing it last year. I've had a look on the council website and through their committee documents and it looks as though its not even been through any political process.

Councils do loads of things that don't need agreement through local councillors.

The comms team would have written the statement, pushed it past the relative cabinet member to go out in their name.

The local Labour Party and the national parliamentary party are 2 separate entities, therefore a Labour Council doing something you don't agree with should have no reflection on the parliamentary Labour Party.

stupot07

Users who are viewing this thread