George Floyd (2 Viewers)

clint van damme

Absolutely, however the Iraq war I actually disagree with hitchens on

same, in the debate I'm listening to, just prior to the 2nd Iraq war, he predicted it would be a short military intervention heralding a new dawn for Iraq, he got that badly wrong. No ones perfect!

Going to stick the headphones on at work and revisit one of his interviews putting the boot in to Bill Clinton.

Evo1883

same, in the debate I'm listening to, just prior to the 2nd Iraq war, he predicted it would be a short military intervention heralding a new dawn for Iraq, he got that badly wrong. No ones perfect!

Going to stick the headphones on at work and revisit one of his interviews putting the boot in to Bill Clinton.

And hillary, he's very good.
His views on religion are brilliant in my eyes too

shmmeee

I'm not at all sure what that means really. If you're fleeing a war torn country, should you really be getting your European tourist book out to find the best places to stay , or where the fastest broadband is ?

Why are you making out it’s those reasons ? (and if you want fast broadband the last place you’d go is the U.K.)

You’ve been told that people know English, or they know people here so are more likely to succeed here. That’s what happens when you export your language to the entire world. Unless you think everyone should only claim asylum in the closest country, you accept there’s some element of choice.

I think the only way to stop it is to invest seriously in processing these people legally, but ultimately we’re a rich country with a widely spoken language and lots of jobs, people are always going to try and sneak in. I don’t think it’s a massive deal.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Why are you making out it’s those reasons ? (and if you want fast broadband the last place you’d go is the U.K.)

You’ve been told that people know English, or they know people here so are more likely to succeed here. That’s what happens when you export your language to the entire world. Unless you think everyone should only claim asylum in the closest country, you accept there’s some element of choice.

I think the only way to stop it is to invest seriously in processing these people legally, but ultimately we’re a rich country with a widely spoken language and lots of jobs, people are always going to try and sneak in. I don’t think it’s a massive deal.
A very convenient outlook. Still, if thousands instead of hundreds arrive daily across the channel on a daily basis, that's fine because we have lots of jobs and they speak English.
Good luck with the house buying.

skybluetony176

A very convenient outlook. Still, if thousands instead of hundreds arrive daily across the channel on a daily basis, that's fine because we have lots of jobs and they speak English.
The people arriving by boat is a small percentage of “illegal immigrants“. Most arrive on a visa through the usual methods of international travel and then overstay. The dingy issue is a distraction and once again Farage and his disciples are being useful idiots for an incompetent government. If they were at all bothered they wouldn’t be concentrating on the minority risking their lives crossing in small boats, they’d be asking the government why are people getting away with visa overstayers. Last article I read about visa overstay the government doesn’t even know how many as they don’t keep proper records.

shmmeee

If thousands start turning up daily then fine let’s have that conversation. But they aren’t. Just over 100 is the highest number in a day. It comes with the territory, let’s fund the border and immigration forces properly and process them. It’s not beyond our means. I don’t think letting a few die as a warning to the rest is either humane or effective.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

If thousands start turning up daily then fine let’s have that conversation. But they aren’t. Just over 100 is the highest number in a day. It comes with the territory, let’s fund the border and immigration forces properly and process them. It’s not beyond our means. I don’t think letting a few die as a warning to the rest is either humane or effective.
Its not. About 4 weeks ago it was news there were over 200 for the first time . Recently it's reached over 250.
At this rate hundreds will soon become one thousand . As it grows it will grow at an accelerated rate as news spreads of how getting across is easy and how lucrative it is for the smugglers.
That's over 350,000 a year at 1000 a day. That's almost Coventry's population .

The French authorities are happy to let them across. They couldn't care less. Local coastal habitants in France and Belgium have said the police and border patrol are doing nothing.

Maybe these migrants will all be professionally qualified people to help with the NHS . If they're craftsmen they could build their own very expensive houses
Good luck with house buying .

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I'm proud to be of a country that gives people a fair hearing, and doesn't judge them until they get the chance to put their case...
Bravo. That's very commendable.

Ring Of Steel

Its not. About 4 weeks ago it was news there were over 200 for the first time . Recently it's reached over 250.
At this rate hundreds will soon become one thousand . As it grows it will grow at an accelerated rate as news spreads of how getting across is easy and how lucrative it is for the smugglers.

The French authorities are happy to let them across. They couldn't care less. Local coastal habitants in France and Belgium have said the police and border patrol are doing nothing.

Maybe these migrants will all be professionally qualified people to help with the NHS . If they're craftsmen they could build their own very expensive houses

where is the source of your figures?

clint van damme

it was 20k last year out of 30 million world wide.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

it was 20k last year out of 30 million world wide.
The worldwide figure is irrelevant.
Its now reaching over 200 a day. Some days will be less due to weather, so the winter months may drop off, but it's getting out of control and the trend is sharply upwards
20k last year is about 400 a week. Small change considering we'll be getting that on a daily basis judging by current trends .

shmmeee

Apologies I took the first number I saw from a BBC article without checking. But it’s not thousands is the point. We could put in safe routes for them and process them without much trouble.

“At this rate”:

1598016006391.png

We’re in the middle of a migration crisis bigger than WW2 from what I understand. It may well get worse as the climate deteriorates, that’s a whole other issue.

Point will remain though that people will keep wanting to come here, some for legal and valid reasons, and we can’t just stick our fingers in our ears and blame the French.

Ring Of Steel

It was all over the BBC 1 news a couple of weeks ago.

I just checked and I see it- 232 in one day which was record.

However the total for the year was 3,400 people in 256 boats. Thats about 13 people per day and about one boat.

So stop making things up- "350,000 per year" :LOL:

If you want to be someone who doesn't like foreign people or immigrants then just say it, be a man, stop trying to justify with skewed statistics & lies.

Skybluefaz

However the total for the year was 3,400 people in 256 boats. Thats about 13 people per day and about one boat.

If you want to be someone who doesn't like foreign people or immigrants then just say it, be a man, stop trying to justify with skewed statistics & lies.
Yeah but Brexit is going to shit. So they need to point at the immigrants

Grendel

Its now reaching over 200 a day. Some days will be less due to weather, so the winter months may drop off, but it's getting out of control and the trend is sharply upwards
20k last year is about 400 a week. Small change considering we'll be getting that on a daily basis judging by current trends .

The bbc article is total illegal immigrants I think it’s this which suggests it’s at 240 - 320 k in a year and is around a million in total

clint van damme

Ì

The worldwide figure isn't irrelevant. It's a global issue, one we've contributed towards causing, one we dont bear anywhere near the brunt off as people make out and one which needs a global solution.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

You've got a different figure to the 20k mentioned earlier.
Just to humour me after your 13-people-in-on-day-in-one-boat figure what's 232 per day ( the current record) multiplied by 365.
No that's too difficult, round it down to 200 X 365 for an easy, conservative estimate .
I reckon 200 a day average is easily achievable given its on the increase.
Tell me why 1000 will never make it across in one day ?
If you want to get personal by effectively calling me a racist that's fine but I simply want to control what is currently not being controlled.
If I'm a racist then I owe you one later down the line.

Ring Of Steel

You've got a different figure to the 20k mentioned earlier.
Just to humour me after your 13-people-in-on-day-in-one-boat figure what's 232 per day ( the current record) multiplied by 365.
No that's too difficult, round it down to 200 X 365 for an easy, conservative estimate .
I reckon 200 a day average is easily achievable given its on the increase.
Tell me why 1000 will never make it across in one day ?
If you want to get personal by effectively calling me a racist that's fine but I simply want to control what is currently not being controlled.
If I'm a racist then I owe you one later down the line.

1,000 won't make it because there aren't 1,000 trying to make it.

Thats like saying "tell me why Coventry City won't get crowds of 45,000 every match next season? We took that many to Wembley on one day and our support is on the increase, so you do the math"

You are bending & distorting reality to suit your own views.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Yeah but Brexit is going to shit. So they need to point at the immigrants
Completely irrelevant. Wishful thinking on your part.
Most people are far more concerned with coronavirus and their job security as a result of it . Most people aren't really thinking about brexit right now. Except you perhaps .

Alan Dugdales Moustache

1,000 won't make it because there aren't 1,000 trying to make it.

Thats like saying "tell me why Coventry City won't get crowds of 45,000 next season? We took that many to Wembley on one day and our support is on the increase, so you do the math"

You are bending & distorting reality to suit your own views.

Hahahahaha. 1000 don't want to come over in one day . Hilarious .
Two years ago you'd have laughed at your magical 13.
Did you think up that Coventry city analogy all by yourself ?
And it's maths, not math. Tosser

Last edited:

Ring Of Steel

You're really funny.

I have no idea what you're on about apart from I can see you are backpedalling- typical enough really. You're massively wrong as usual & trying to distort in order to make yourself feel more comfortable with your views, but as with all your sort there's no reasoning or fact, you're basically just a walking Daily Mail opinion piece.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I have no idea what you're on about apart from I can see you are backpedalling- typical enough really. You're massively wrong as usual & trying to distort in order to make yourself feel more comfortable with your views, but as with all your sort there's no reasoning or fact, you're basically just a walking Daily Mail opinion piece.
Backpedalling ? When ?
Sorry I was just laughing at your remark that 1000 people would never come across in one day because they'd never get the demand for it. That's really really funny.
A cup final or a playoff final is a slightly different scenario, if you've been lucky enough to go .
I Imagine in your world that if the French authorities arranged a special "cup final"date in a few weeks where they'd supply all the boats and contacted the various smuggling gangs saying "were turning a blind eye" ( as they do ) on Sept 30th ( weather permitting ) you'd say that only 50 people would turn up .
What a tit you are.

shmmeee

Did you think up that Coventry city analogy all by yourself ?

Actually it’s math, the Yanks are right on this one as much as it pains me.

Ring Of Steel

ADM doesn't like the possibility that there is a world out there beyond the white cliffs.

clint van damme

A lot of their spellings that differ from ours are the originals and it's us who have deviated

Ring Of Steel

Backpedalling ? When ?
Sorry I was just laughing at your remark that 1000 people would never come across in one day because they'd never get the demand for it. That's really really funny.
A cup final or a playoff final is a slightly different scenario, if you've been lucky enough to go .
I Imagine in your world that if the French authorities arranged a special "cup final"date in a few weeks where they'd supply all the boats and contacted the various smuggling gangs saying "were turning a blind eye" ( as they do ) on Sept 30th ( weather permitting ) you'd say that only 50 people would turn up .
What a tit you are.

Why are you so obsessed with France and the French?

NorthernWisdom

I don't care about the grammar, we say maths, and therefore that's British way of saying it ;)

Users who are viewing this thread