George Floyd (7 Viewers)

shmmeee

The state of some of the replies to this tweet from the National Trust. Seem to recall when a statue was pulled down in Bristol we were told it should have stayed up so we can learn from history. Here's the National Trust trying to teach people using history and getting abuse for it.

This seems spot on to me and right in the Trusts remit: not removing or banning anything but adding historical context.

Some people just want to get offended over this stuff. On both sides.

skybluetony176

Yeah, I know it's not been " banned" as such but it sounds like it's an in house ban to me.
Do I know what the word " banned" means ? I think I do but I'm sure a condescending superior life form like you can send me a definition.
How do you type with your head up your arse ?
So exactly like I said. You’re a drama queen.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

That’s social commentary. It’s always happened. Did the music born in the Great Depression cause a continuation of the Great Depression? Of course not, it was social commentary, same as music that is labelled as promoting something else.
Does the music played at the proms cause a continuation of the very topic that's under debate ?

What an absolute ton of crap. You not only have your head up your arse you can talk out of it at the same time. You need to join the circus with this routine.

skybluetony176

Does the music played at the proms cause a continuation of the very topic that's under debate ?

What an absolute ton of crap. You not only have your head up your arse you can talk out of it at the same time. You need to join the circus with this routine.
Where have I said it isn’t a continuation of debate?
You haven’t even asked me my opinion on it.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Where have I said it isn’t a continuation of debate?
You haven’t even asked me my opinion on it.
Do you ever read back what you've written ? It's hilarious. "Did the music of the great depression...... .."
Where does this talent t come from ?

RegTheDonk

I hate this preemptive strike stuff. It doesn’t help anyone and more often than not gets people upset at a vulnerable group because they think they’re overreacting.

If thousands of black people were on the streets complaining about it that’s one thing. I’d never heard anyone say it’s even a slight issue and I run in some pretty left wing online circles.
I think some people just run in circles - until someone tells them what they need to be offended at.

They say ignorance is bliss and to be fair, unless it's having an actual impact on someones wellbeing, I'd go along with that. Someone pointing out something that is having real time oppression on an individual or a group should, of course, be highlighted and dealt with.

skybluetony176

The state of some of the replies to this tweet from the National Trust. Seem to recall when a statue was pulled down in Bristol we were told it should have stayed up so we can learn from history. Here's the National Trust trying to teach people using history and getting abuse for it.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

And what is your point to posting the posh bird , Tony?
Does she do it for you ?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

ajsccfc

Jacob Blake is on video being shot repeatedly in the back by police, while during the protests that follow police are shown buddying up with 'militia' and a 17 year old alt-right 'vigilante' is allowed to roam free with an automatic weapon and murder two protestors. I'd say that the thread title should be renamed but it's only need a new name in about a week again anyway

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Police have said they found a knife in the car which could give just cause for the use of lethal force, although seven times to me is way too many. If you think you have to shoot someone seven times (and apparently only hit with four) at that range then I suggest you're not well trained enough in firearms to be entrusted with one.

Of course given the level of distrust in the police undoubtedly others will claim a knife was planted. Lack of bodycams is also a problem and will be used by some as a means of saying the police cannot be trusted.

I'm also unsure about the person filming it as he's said they saw the police Taser him, as well as punch him. but he seemed incredibly sprightly for someone who'd just been tasered.

Actions of some of the protestors to set fire to stuff and loot isn't helping anyone and harms the cause more than helps it.

The 17yo is despicable and he should have the book thrown at him.

Trump's over-the-top response is also going to do nothing but increase tension and you have to wonder if that's his aim after Mike Pence's speech about a Biden America being unsafe (even though his base will completely miss the point that this unsafe environment is under Trump's leadership)

Sky Blue Pete

Jacob Blake is on video being shot repeatedly in the back by police, while during the protests that follow police are shown buddying up with 'militia' and a 17 year old alt-right 'vigilante' is allowed to roam free with an automatic weapon and murder two protestors. I'd say that the thread title should be renamed but it's only need a new name in about a week again anyway
Ain’t that the truth

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Its cold blooded attempted murder. Its even more clear cut as far as I can see than what happened to George Floyd. Its one of the most terrible assassination attempts I've ever seen .
Why pump 7 bullets into him ? Why not shoot him once in the legs. Why not drag him back from the car and throw him on the floor ?.
The whole footage shows they went for the killing option only. How he survived that I don't know.

Sky Blue Pete

Its cold blooded attempted murder. Its even more clear cut as far as I can see than what happened to George Floyd. Its one of the most terrible assassination attempts I've ever seen .
Why pump 7 bullets into him ? Why not shoot him once in the legs. Why not drag him back from the car and throw him on the floor ?.
The whole footage shows they went for the killing option only. How he survived that I don't know.
Yep I think societal breakdown and civil war is just round the corner. Trump will make sure he wins and that will trigger it

Evo1883

Yep I think societal breakdown and civil war is just round the corner. Trump will make sure he wins and that will trigger it

I dont think trump will trigger it, mainstream media do enough on their own...

On another note its becoming quite apparant that javob Blake isn't the innocent saint the mainstream media want you to believe, he's also not worth burning places down for.

Sky Blue Pete

On another note its becoming quite apparant that javob Blake isn't the innocent saint the mainstream media want you to believe, he's also not worth burning places down for.
I don’t disagree about him being a saint or looting and violence being wrong but the police actions are murder at best and pre determined murder at worst

Evo1883

I don’t disagree about him being a saint or looting and violence being wrong but the police actions are murder at best and pre determined murder at worst

Had a knife, don't carry /try to grab a knife its quite simple.

He's also not dead is he?

Ring Of Steel

Not entirely comfortable no, but I'm also not OK with sexual predators carrying knifes and attacking cops either..

i haven't read anything about it apart from the headlines, so not going to get involved- however if you're ok with this type of technique to bring people to justice then you're a bit of a sicko tbh

Alan Dugdales Moustache

He was shot at point blank range. I don't understand the sheer number of bullets fired into him. After the first couple, it seems ever so slightly gratuitous in my book.
Oh fuck it, I may as well keep shooting.

Evo1883

i haven't read anything about it apart from the headlines, so not going to get involved- however if you're ok with this type of technique to bring people to justice then you're a bit of a sicko tbh

They also tried and failed to tase him...sicko? Merely pointing out its not as cut and dry as an innocent man being shot in the back

I dont and won't defend rapists (a minor) with a warrant out for their arrests

Last edited:

NorthernWisdom

He was shot at point blank range. I don't understand the sheer number of bullets fired into him. After the first couple, it seems ever so slightly gratuitous in my book.
Oh fuck it, I may as well keep shooting.

There are certain times I'm glad I don't live in America, and this is certainly one. Of course we have our own problems, but thank God our police aren't as barbaric as all this!

clint van damme

really? He's an absolute menace.
Failed business man, sexual predator, thief, surrounded by crooks - and that's just the things that are indisputable, plenty of indication of more to come. The longer he's in office the more unhinged he seems to become.
I'm no fan of Biden and I'm not sure he's the man to pull America back from the brink having said all that.

Might be a bit ageist to say this but I'm not sure people in their mid to late 70s should be taking a job with such huge responsibility.

Users who are viewing this thread