George Floyd (8 Viewers)

hill83

“Just got to itch my arm”

giphy.gif

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Actually it’s math, the Yanks are right on this one as much as it pains me.

maths is short for math(ematic)s in my book and besides, the yanks can't even say "for God's sake" in the right order so bollocks to them .

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Why are you so obsessed with France and the French?
Its slightly where the boats are coming from . You haven't a bloody clue have you. Do you know where France actually is ?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Apologies if I've missed it, but I haven't seen it posted on here. The guy who died wasn't actually 16, but 28. He also had claims of asylum rejected in France (read into that what you will).

It's all well and good getting up in arms about children dying crossing the channel, but it seems to me as if it gets swept over that they are usually not children, women, or in fact families. This is my biggest gripe. Having compassion doesn't mean you need to take your brain out and be ignorant.

It doesn't make his death any less tragic for this chap, but the fact this is now generally being overlooked is concerning. On the one side you have 'sink the boats' and on the other you have a video projected onto the white cliffs of Dover glorying illegal migration.

I've always maintained every genuine refugee should have a roof over their head and given opportunities, but this is getting more and more silly. How many actually are refugees? The line that it is 'only a handful' isn't really an argument either.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I don't care about the grammar, we say maths, and therefore that's British way of saying it ;)
You can say math, but you'll be told your a twat. It sounds stupid , let's face it.

chiefdave

It's all well and good getting up in arms about children dying crossing the channel, but it seems to me as if it gets swept over that they are usually not children, women, or in fact families. This is my biggest gripe. Having compassion doesn't mean you need to take your brain out and be ignorant.
That goes back to the issue of not having a proper system in place before we start chucking bombs about. Syria is a perfect example. Over 5m refugees fleeing a country we have bombed but nothing put in place so they all head to Turkey and Greece until they are overwhelmed. Also allows non-Syrian refugees to mix in and before you even start you're in a mess.

Might have been better to have planned in advance and have quick processing and redistribution around Europe.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Hahahahaha. 1000 don't want to come over in one day . Hilarious .
Two years ago you'd have laughed at your magical 13.
Did you think up that Coventry city analogy all by yourself ?
And it's maths, not math. Tosser

Not exactly the most important point but math is just as acceptable as maths. Look at the word - mathematics. It's not mathsematics.

Same as aluminium. Aluminum is actually correct as that's what the guy that discovered it called it. We just decided to add an extra i in because so many others elements end in -ium.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Not exactly the most important point but math is just as acceptable as maths. Look at the word - mathematics. It's not mathsematics.

Same as aluminium. Aluminum is actually correct as that's what the guy that discovered it called it. We just decided to add an extra i in because so many others elements end in -ium.
If you want to go round saying aluminum and math then that's fine. If you want to say dyper, sidewalk , for God sakes etc that's fine too. If you want to say muffler and hood that's great
But do you really want to ? For God sakes no. Period.

wingy

This threads all over the shop now .
Here goes some other data.

We're not alone I think.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Anyway, should Land of Hope and Glory be banned ? They're thinking of withdrawing it from the last night of the proms .
Is that the right move, opportunistic or a load of bollocks ?

Sky Blue Pete

Anyway, should Land of Hope and Glory be banned ? They're thinking of withdrawing it from the last night of the proms .
Is that the right move, opportunistic or a load of bollocks ?
If it was all pomp and words didn’t mean anything then let’s keep it but it’s a false narrative and words do mean something. I love music and the pomp of the proms but the nationalism verges on places I don’t wish to go.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

If it was all pomp and words didn’t mean anything then let’s keep it but it’s a false narrative and words do mean something. I love music and the pomp of the proms but the nationalism verges on places I don’t wish to go.
I'd rather ban any music which promoted guns and knives to be honest.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Also, no one’s banned it. They’re just considering dropping it this year at the last night. Drama queen.
.Once it's gone it's gone. Ugly bastard.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Stupid idea and hope it doesn’t happen. Literally no one is asking for it.
It'll offend someone though.
Clitoris was offensive in " peaches" so they had to change that.
This must be even more offensive. To whom I don't know.

shmmeee

It'll offend someone though.
Clitoris was offensive in " peaches" so they had to change that.
This must be even more offensive. To whom I don't know.

I hate this preemptive strike stuff. It doesn’t help anyone and more often than not gets people upset at a vulnerable group because they think they’re overreacting.

If thousands of black people were on the streets complaining about it that’s one thing. I’d never heard anyone say it’s even a slight issue and I run in some pretty left wing online circles.

wingy

I hate this preemptive strike stuff. It doesn’t help anyone and more often than not gets people upset at a vulnerable group because they think they’re overreacting.

If thousands of black people were on the streets complaining about it that’s one thing. I’d never heard anyone say it’s even a slight issue and I run in some pretty left wing online circles.
Yeah agree , isn't that cancel culture?
See it on here around the SISU bad debate sometimes?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I think it isn't particularly relevant today and seems to be there to hark to the days of Empire etc. along with things like Rule Britannia, Jerusalem and the other Pomp and Circumstance stuff.

Wouldn't want to see it banned or airbrushed out of history as it says a lot about the era and the mindset of the nation. I would prefer it to just fade away naturally as it becomes less relevant but with something so intrinsically linked to the Proms it will have to be a watershed moment where one year it isn't used any more and whatever year that is there will be enough voices to complain about loss of tradition, British values etc.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Not sure you understand how the proms works.

By the way. It’s still available on Apple Music. Can’t say the same about a lot of these songs that you claim promote gun crime. Not sure you understand the definition of the word banned either.

Yeah, I know it's not been " banned" as such but it sounds like it's an in house ban to me.
Do I know what the word " banned" means ? I think I do but I'm sure a condescending superior life form like you can send me a definition.
How do you type with your head up your arse ?

Grendel

Yeah, I know it's not been " banned" as such but it sounds like it's an in house ban to me.
Do I know what the word " banned" means ? I think I do but I'm sure a condescending superior life form like you can send me a definition.
How do you type with your head up your arse ?

He types out of his arse so fairly easily I’d have thought

wingy

Shouldn't it get passed around, like the Olympic torch.
USA next followed by China,then maybe the EU or not.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Not sure you understand how the proms works.

By the way. It’s still available on Apple Music. Can’t say the same about a lot of these songs that you claim promote gun crime. Not sure you understand the definition of the word banned either.
Thanks Gideon. Not sure one gives a faaaack whether the songs one claims to be about gun crime are on Apple Music ? That's like so not the point ?

wingy

Is it any different to us clinging to United or Anyone while we were div 4?
Is the programme decided by committee, or like the hymn's for the service picked by the Vicar?

chiefdave

The state of some of the replies to this tweet from the National Trust. Seem to recall when a statue was pulled down in Bristol we were told it should have stayed up so we can learn from history. Here's the National Trust trying to teach people using history and getting abuse for it.

Users who are viewing this thread