George Floyd (6 Viewers)

shmmeee

Doesn't fail me at all. You clearly think lamping someone is okay if they've been mouthing off at you for 4 mins. You've just said it. You need to grow a pair.

I think if you’re a racist c**t loudly in public for four minutes to a black guy then you shouldn’t be surprised if he wants to hit you.

Jesus stop trying so hard.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I think if you’re a racist c**t loudly in public for four minutes to a black guy then you shouldn’t be surprised if he wants to hit you.

Jesus stop trying so hard.
He was ranting at everyone. He wasn't screaming in the face of someone he'd cornered . He was an out and out tosser but don't make excuses for the bloke who decided simply to belt him.
Alan clearly thinks that the guy deserves White privilege.
Clearly you like the idea that because I think it was wrong for the black guy getting off the train to belt him I must support the white bloke.
Hahaha. You're showing you're true class again.

RegTheDonk

Horrible man. The real sad thing is regardless of him being stoned or having mental health issues, I unfortunately doubt his racist outlook will change.

How he was dealt with is a difficult moral situation - it's assault and totally wrong, but I expect most of us have wanted to dish out some rough justice in the heat of the moment. God knows how some people have to put up with shit like that all day.

There are plenty of examples of people taking abuse and having to keep their cool, but I can totally understand those lads twatting him. I dare say they have been a target of abuse, but they could have gone down for manslaughter if he had fell and smashed his head open.

Ring Of Steel

He was ranting at everyone. He wasn't screaming in the face of someone he'd cornered . He was an out and out tosser but don't make excuses for the bloke who decided simply to belt him.

Clearly you like the idea that because I think it was wrong for the black guy getting off the train to belt him I must support the white bloke.

You can’t spell “your” and claim to be a teacher 🤫

Alan Dugdales Moustache

You can’t spell “your” and claim to be a teacher 🤫
I took retirement at the end of this term so I can spel anyfink how I fookin wont.
Is that orl you haf to say ? Knot even going two call me a rascist twatt ?

Skybluefaz

Very complimentary of you

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Last edited:

Alan Dugdales Moustache

To be fair I could be mistaken. If he is retired I envy him enormously!
You know I was. All I can say is get out before you're 50. You're young and got the energy for it. Its increasingly a young professionals' game. Not many blokes in teaching over 40 these days. In primary it's worse. Many schools have none.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Didn’t you say you were done with planning for the new academic year?
I certainly did and the planning was done as I had a very small class and had the time to do it. I also told you that you learn what to leave out as you gain more experience.

Brighton Sky Blue

You know I was. All I can say is get out before you're 50. You're young and got the energy for it. Its increasingly a young professionals' game. Not many blokes in teaching over 40 these days. In primary it's worse. Many schools have none.

Yeah there’s hardly any blokes in primary and more but still a minority in secondary. Won’t derail the thread with edubollocks but the requirements for next year’s teaching has both of us looking for ways out of the profession.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Could do it via Zoom, all wear your party hats... maybe reanact a classic school play or something, maybe dress in fancy dress. Who would you go as?
Oohhh I don't know. Not a Christmas character. I hated those nativity plays. Leave those to KS1.
Any miserable bastard would do. I'd probably go as plague infested Londoner from 1665 with stinking breath and no teeth. Little make up needed.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Yeah there’s hardly any blokes in primary and more but still a minority in secondary. Won’t derail the thread with edubollocks but the requirements for next year’s teaching has both of us looking for ways out of the profession.
Are you seriously disillusioned ? It absolutely does take over you're whole life and you either embrace it or suffer. For some reason a lot of women teachers thrive on it , but generally blokes don't.
How about supply ? Difficult at first but once you get known in a few schools it's easier. Coventry is tough though.

Brighton Sky Blue

Are you seriously disillusioned ? It absolutely does take over you're whole life and you either embrace it or suffer. For some reason a lot of women teachers thrive on it , but generally blokes don't.
How about supply ? Difficult at first but once you get known in a few schools it's easier. Coventry is tough though.

It just seems that every term gets harder than the one before when the added experience should be doing the opposite. The full document we got describing the new arrangements will make it 2-3 times harder to do my job and easier for the students to get away with stuff. I would love to get back into research but there’s very little of it going in the area now and I’ve been out of the industry for a few years too.

To be honest it’s making us both miserable and it hasn’t even started yet

Alan Dugdales Moustache

It just seems that every term gets harder than the one before when the added experience should be doing the opposite. The full document we got describing the new arrangements will make it 2-3 times harder to do my job and easier for the students to get away with stuff. I would love to get back into research but there’s very little of it going in the area now and I’ve been out of the industry for a few years too.

That's terrible. I don't know the stats now, but a few years ago it was something like of those that qualify, 60% stay beyond their NQT year, after 3 years, only 40% of those that qualified remain . Its that bad.
One of you should leave if you can afford to do it. There is absolutely no shame in moving on. The fact that you've even done it is a huge achievement in itself, but teaching puts a huge strain on a relationship when both are teachers.
Supply teaching isn't for everyone and you need a thick skin but it is an option and you can choose your hours and schools you want to work in.

shmmeee

Dont know your financial situation but you could try what in theory me and the ex were going to do (in the end we divorced and she’s still teaching, long story). I kept teaching a few days a week supply, mostly A-Level support stuff and the odd Ks3 class. Took out a student loan and went back and did a Masters in something I was interested in and there was demand for. Before the Masters I couldn’t get an interview and didn’t know where to go, the whole graduate process really helped put me back into industry, and going back to education after teaching is like easy mode.

I only earned around £10k plus what was left of my loan after fees, but had quite low living costs and a partner in HoD money still so could make it work. If the marriage had lasted the idea was to do the same for the other person.

Best thing was having the time with my girls that after being a HoD I’d missed completely.

Brighton Sky Blue

That's terrible. I don't know the stats now, but a few years ago it was something like of those that qualify, 60% stay beyond their NQT year, after 3 years, only 40% of those that qualified remain . Its that bad.
One of you should leave if you can afford to do it. There is absolutely no shame in moving on.
Dont know your financial situation but you could try what in theory me and the ex were going to do (in the end we divorced and she’s still teaching, long story). I kept teaching a few days a week supply, mostly A-Level support stuff and the odd Ks3 class. Took out a student loan and went back and did a Masters in something I was interested in and there was demand for. Before the Masters I couldn’t get an interview and didn’t know where to go, the whole graduate process really helped put me back into industry, and going back to education after teaching is like easy mode.

I only earned around £10k plus what was left of my loan after fees, but had quite low living costs and a partner in HoD money still so could make it work. If the marriage had lasted the idea was to do the same for the other person.

Best thing was having the time with my girls that after being a HoD I’d missed completely.

I already have the equivalent of a distinction Masters in a subject you’d think would be in high demand, but the jobs aren’t there. Your idea makes sense but we have a wedding to pay for now and if I had some kind of assurance that this year was a one off I could tolerate it.

Ian1779

Your school sounds a bit shit to be fair. Not every school is like that. Don’t walk away too soon.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

ADM a weirdo and a proven liar
...proven liar eh? No one on this site gives a fuck about an IRA supporting twat who pretends he's a member of the BAME community .

skybluetony176

Is that right one of the all lives matter people has been caught gloating at the death of the 16 year old asylum seeker who was attempting to cross the channel?

TomRad85

Is that right one of the all lives matter people has been caught gloating at the death of the 16 year old asylum seeker who was attempting to cross the channel?
If you go looking for bad you'll find it everywhere, Tony.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread