George Floyd (7 Viewers)

chiefdave

Our police aren't perfect but I don't think they're in the same league as the states.
People who are wondering why things escalate so badly should think what would happen if the police went into the naughty corner swinging batons at anyone in sight and hitting pensioners and people defenceless on the ground.
Surely these police know they are being filmed and under massive scrutiny and just don't give a shit?
You have to wonder what happens that we don't see when this is all going on when they know they are being filmed and under scrutiny.

rob9872

I'm getting rather pissed off with all this.

Yes he shouldn't have been killed by the police and the police rightly should be culpable.

However let's not forget this wouldn't have happened if George Floyd didn't have conterfit money and break the law in the first place. He shouldn't have died but he broke the law in the first instance.

Also this isn't about racism. A person died, not a black person. Its nothing racist, no one would've cared if he was white.

Oh, and it's got fuck all to the UK, why the protests? Wonder if the Covid R value will go up...

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk
You've missed the point massively.

The issue with the media making Floyd out to be a saint doesn't help, that I'll grant you (jailed 5 times and committing a crime at the time we can all agree is totally wrong), what he didn't deserve was to be killed in the street like an animal and should have simply been brought before the courts.

As for protesting, people should if they feel the need to and be able to (within the law) wherever they are. I have no problem with that in the UK, USA or anywhere else. I even understand the boiling over of frustrations and anger and so a certain degree the violence too if that's needed to be heard. I draw the line at opportunist looting and damaging hard working businesses though and hope the scum who took part in any of that are brought to justice at some point.

On another note I've seen images and messages of a similar situation with a white guy named Tony Timpa and how the reaction was different. Whilst I wouldn't excuse that and I'd not heard of it previously, he (and I) haven't had the abuse because of our skin colour, that's the difference. He met a twat of a cop in spite of his colour and not because of it. There are lots of police who are also and some of them are racist arseholes too (not all before someone jumps in to defend the police). The two crimes whilst appearing similar aren't and if the TT one had gained the same exposure, I'd like to think that everyone regardless of colour would have demonstrated about that too, but about injustice not race. With GF there are two reasons to demonstrate and both are valid.

Tommo1993

A lot of corrupt. They want change and I’m afraid it’s something that probably won’t happen.

However, the sensationalism across social media is getting a bit sad. Caught one video of a little girl crying in front of her parents ‘I could die *because* of the colour of my skin’. Yeah I’d be amazed if she wasn’t upset. People might not like the view, but I personally think that’s sensationalist bollocks. Maybe even scaremongering from the parents.

I hope justice in this case will prevail. The looters and rioters I have no respect for, black or white, spotty or stripey.

clint van damme

A lot of corrupt. They want change and I’m afraid it’s something that probably won’t happen.

However, the sensationalism across social media is getting a bit sad. Caught one video of a little girl crying in front of her parents ‘I could die *because* of the colour of my skin’. Yeah I’d be amazed if she wasn’t upset. People might not like the view, but I personally think that’s sensationalist bollocks. Maybe even scaremongering from the parents.

I hope justice in this case will prevail. The looters and rioters I have no respect for, black or white, spotty or stripey.

If that little girl was in the States then I wouldn't say it's sensationalism and I would say its something black parents in the US, unfortunately, have to teach their children about.

Ring Of Steel

George Floyd died because of the colour of his skin. Why is it 'sensationalist' to get very pissed off that someone is murdered because solely because they aren't white? Why wouldn't a kid get a bit unnerved by that? You just come across like a prick tbh what with this and your previous comment on it.

Tommo1993

If that little girl was in the States then I wouldn't say it's sensationalism and I would say its something black parents in the US, unfortunately, have to teach their children about.

I sort of agree. I just think it’s very extreme for her to be perceived in that way.

Tommo1993

George Floyd died because of the colour of his skin. Why is it 'sensationalist' to get very pissed off that someone is murdered because solely because they aren't white? Why wouldn't a kid get a bit unnerved by that? You just come across like a prick tbh what with this and your previous comment on it.

Oh calm down, it’s a forum and nothing that out of line has been said.

If you can point out the “previous comment”, that’d be helpful. Because I know there was absolutely fuck all wrong with it.

Brighton Sky Blue

You say that, but a young black boy was shot on sight for playing with a toy gun in front of his house. The city tried to make his mother pay for the ambulance costs.

Shooting of Tamir Rice - Wikipedia

Last edited:

Ring Of Steel

Oh calm down, it’s a forum and nothing that out of line has been said.

Do you have any fucking grasp at all on what is going on and has been going on? People being killed because they're black? And yet to you its "sensationalist" and anyway "its only a forum"? You have big problems & you need to educate yourself, smarten up or just keep your mouth shut if they are your enlightened views on whats happening in the world.

Tommo1993

Do you have any fucking grasp at all on what is going on and has been going on? People being killed because they're black? And yet to you its "sensationalist" and anyway "its only a forum"? You have big problems & you need to educate yourself, smarten up or just keep your mouth shut if they are your enlightened views on whats happening in the world.

What the fuck are you on about? Do one you obnoxious c**t.

Ring Of Steel

What the fuck are you on about? Do one you obnoxious c**t.

Man murdered for the colour of his skin, just one of many down the years, institutionalised racism a way of life, and here's you bouncing on spouting that its sensationalist that a kid is unnerved by it and bad parenting for her folks to bring her up in reality- seriously, you need help.

Tommo1993

Man murdered for the colour of his skin, just one of many down the years, institutionalised racism a way of life, and here's you bouncing on spouting that its sensationalist that a kid is unnerved by it and bad parenting for her folks to bring her up in reality- seriously, you need help.

No mate. You need help with how you choose to misconstrue things. I agree with what you’ve said. Maybe I used a bad example. Please point out what the “previous comment” was in reference to?

Ring Of Steel

No mate. You need help with how you choose to misconstrue things. I agree with what you’ve said. Maybe I used a bad example. Please point out what the “previous comment” was in reference to?

There is nothing to misconstrue and you don't agree with me, you just said you think its bad parenting & sensationalism. I don't know you and I don't know what your beliefs & values are beyond what you type on here, so I'll meet you halfway and just say you are deeply ignorant, but for fucks sake- read, listen, watch what is happening & has happened for centuries and then see if you still think its "sensationalist" for a black child to think they could be killed for their skin colour when its a daily fact of life. You have no understanding of what life is like for the parents of that kid, you will never have to deal with what they deal with- do not go around casting judgements on things you can & will never have any real understanding of.

Otis

That really upset me.

Innocent people being systematically attacked by law enforcement. A racist, crazily out of control president in the White House and black people getting more and more frustrated and angrier and angrier.

We cannot accept this is a black problem. It is OUR problem and and now may be the time to bring the whole thing crashing down. We know there is racism, but we cannot accept it from our leaders and those out there who's job it is to protect us.

The problem here in the UK may pale in comparison to over in the US, but it is still a major issue.

I was so proud of my daughter taking part in the protest and march yesterday in Birmingham. We can't now just let this thing fizzle out and be forgotten about.

My daughter wasn't really interested in politics at all until this. It's really open her eyes and I hope it has done the same across the UK amongst young people, who ARE our future.

My kid has been in tears watching it all unfold and so too have many of her friends. I just think they truly had no idea of the enormity of the problem.

So glad there are all these videos out there highlighting the issue of the ugly reality of what is truly going on.

Tommo1993

There is nothing to misconstrue and you don't agree with me, you just said you think its bad parenting & sensationalism. I don't know you and I don't know what your beliefs & values are beyond what you type on here, so I'll meet you halfway and just say you are deeply ignorant, but for fucks sake- read, listen, watch what is happening & has happened for centuries and then see if you still think its "sensationalist" for a black child to think they could be killed for their skin colour when its a daily fact of life. You have no understanding of what life is like for the parents of that kid, you will never have to deal with what they deal with- do not go around casting judgements on things you can & will never have any real understanding of.

Anything on that “previous comment” you were referring to? What was it? Once again, you’ve really got the wrong end of the tickle stick. We’ll push that aside though.

shmmeee

One thing I saw several black people in America post/agree with that hit it home to me is their parents giving them “the talk”. You automatically assume birds and bees, but it’s about how their life will be as a black person: don’t fight back, expect to get pulled over, go out of your way to appear non-threatening.

Thats no way to live man.

Ring Of Steel

Anything on that “previous comment” you were referring to? What was it? Once again, you’ve really got the wrong end of the tickle stick. We’ll push that aside though.

Your previous comment was the one about "saying nothing".

As for getting the wrong end of the stick, maybe have a re-read, educate yourself, stop being so pig ignorant and disrespectful. Take a look at what Otis said- this is indeed OUR issue, its not a specific black/ white problem to deal with, its up to everyone to deal with it, it absolutely must be called out, addressed & just saying nothing isn't an option- but you think its sensationalism and bad parenting. You are ignorant.

hill83

Probably this. Your first comment on it.

Are we really “as bad as them” if we’re staying “silent”? Bollocks.

No support and actively commenting against it. Guess I’ve got the wrong end of the stick too no doubt.

Tommo1993

Probably this. Your first comment on it.

No support and actively commenting against it. Guess I’ve got the wrong end of the stick too no doubt.

You have actually. When there’s a bloke saying if I’m not joining a protest, in other words, silent, then I’m just as bad as that copper. Complete bullshit, and you know it.

hill83

And that’s your choice. But own it. I can only go on what you are saying in this thread.

Tommo1993

Course not as bad. But we all need to be in this fight. And you clearly aren’t.

What, because I’m on a forum asking questions, sharing a few little thoughts? What have you done? Wrote a few hashtags on social media maybe? Great fight. Very obtuse of you.

hill83

What, because I’m on a forum asking questions, sharing a few little thoughts? What have you done? Wrote a few hashtags on social media maybe? Great fight. Very obtuse of you.

You don’t know what I have or haven’t done.

Tommo1993

You don’t know what I have or haven’t done.

Honestly it’s as if I wrote something awful like #blacklivesdontmatter.

There is a particular user on here who I wouldn’t put past doing that, but it certainly isn’t me. Being a racist thug is far below me. Didn’t mean to offend people with how I perceived something days ago. Plenty of people won’t join protests, does it make them racist? Course not.

Users who are viewing this thread