George Floyd (4 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Better explained following your edits Nick. Diving about saying “virtue signalling” is up there with “all lives matter” so yes it pissed me off.

I can only hope this is serious for all the people protesting and not something to do for a bit because this is people’s lives we are talking about.

Sorry, I'm trying to word it to get my point clearer so it makes sense so I did edit it!

Of course somebody who suffers from it every day isn't virtue signalling.

Much like how nurses deserve a pay rise and better working conditions, things need to change going forward in terms of discrimination.

Last edited:

NorthernWisdom

One thing I don't get about people gathering in Hyde Park is that they are more likely to contract Coronavirus and the people who they are protesting on behalf of are those most likely to suffer medically if they pick it up as a result. I understand that it is 2 completely different issues, but I am surprised that this hasn't been addressed. Apologies if social distancing has been maintained at the event (but suspect it won't have been, as per beach tourists)
tbf it's one of the worries of lockdown, the removal of the ability to protest.

Otis

I haven't made anything up. I said about people gathering and the Corona stuff. The same as when people were stood on a bridge.

I'm not going to say I know as much about it as somebody who has been a victim of it or deals with the struggle ever day but it kind of goes with what I'm saying. If I start kneeling down to get some Facebook likes or shouting black lives matter then I'm not helping anything apart from making myself feel better.
I have no problem with the kneeling, myself.

It will quickly get diluted, but if initially it gets wide media coverage, then why not. And what is the difference between that and just shouting out 'I can't breathe', or 'walk with us?'

shmmeee

Also mega fucking lolz at this

“talk black endorsements, you can’t get much better than Obama.

Take the “my black friend” out of it”

Reading comprehension not your bag, huh?

Im saying it’s a stupid game to play and even if you do play it you lose.

shmmeee

Biden's career is littered with misjudgements that could be construed as racist but at best show he hasn't got a grip on race issues.
Just the other week he said that blacks who vote for trump aren't really black, I mean what the fuck?

You're right to say we shouldn't pretend he's as bad as trump but the group of people we can say are as bad as trump is minute.
I hope he beats trump because the man is a fucking danger to the world and hopefully Biden will have Obama to guide him. Not that I'm a great fan of his but again, compared to Trump.

Hes rowed back from those comments *because he’s not racist* but agree with the second half of your post, my issue is with the “oh neither one will make any difference” crap and the lazy attack lines doing Trumps job for him. Like some of the Labour AS stuff from the right of the party. Just comes across as factional bollocks.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I have no problem with the kneeling, myself.

It will quickly get diluted, but if initially it gets wide media coverage, then why not. And what is the difference between that and just shouting out 'I can't breathe', or 'walk with us?'
I have a problem with the kneeling inasmuch as I can't get up again.

rob9872

One thing I don't get about people gathering in Hyde Park is that they are more likely to contract Coronavirus and the people who they are protesting on behalf of are those most likely to suffer medically if they pick it up as a result. I understand that it is 2 completely different issues, but I am surprised that this hasn't been addressed. Apologies if social distancing has been maintained at the event (but suspect it won't have been, as per beach tourists)
I've read that too, but I don't understand if it's true, why the covid death rates or even ratios in Asian or African countries isnt higher.

The way I see it is that risk is greater due to a higher % of BAME workers in the care profession, more multi generational families under the same roof and greater numbers in deprived or poorer areas rather tgan being more susceptible to contract. I could be talking bollocks of course but the numbers dont make sense.

clint van damme

Hes rowed back from those comments *because he’s not racist* but agree with the second half of your post, my issue is with the “oh neither one will make any difference” crap and the lazy attack lines doing Trumps job for him. Like some of the Labour AS stuff from the right of the party. Just comes across as factional bollocks.

I still think he's a poor Democratic candidate, but if this week has taught me anything, it's if even if he's half sane then we need to get him in because that is still a huge upgrade on Trump.
Another 4 years of Trump and America is in big trouble and that has a knock on affect for all of us.

Grendel

Choosing between Biden and sanders is like choosing between Foot and Corbyn.

David O'Day

Brilliant news, George deserves full Justice!!!!!

Let’s now hope the rioting and looting stops and the protests remain peaceful
If only she had done her job and prosecuted police brutality cases when she was the Minneapolis DA.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Macca

Yeah it’s not come at the best time. Can’t defend the lack of social distancing so I won’t even attempt to.

Given the vulnerability of BAME people to the virus it’s pretty nuts. However given that there are 1000’s of pricks milling around the country taking no notice of the virus with no cause to support I think I’d let it go

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Given the vulnerability of BAME people to the virus it’s pretty nuts. However given that there are 1000’s of pricks milling around the country taking no notice of the virus with no cause to support I think I’d let it go

But also maybe an indication of their anger. Protesting in this manner with a deadly virus they're more prone to suffer seriously from suggests it's something they consider more important than their own health.

Sky Blue Harry H

tbf it's one of the worries of lockdown, the removal of the ability to protest.

Agree Northern - although if I'm honest, with the way social media works I'm glad that the lockdown may have had a diluting effect on the potential violence.disorder in the UK (imagine a combination of the current hot weather with pubs open - a recipe for copycat disorder, rather than genuine rightful protest at anything in particular). It might be the 'old' man in me, but I'm grateful for a lot of the good things we have in this country, compared to what others have to suffer elsewhere. Those who wish to cause wilful destruction in the UK, I've little time for. Protest - fine with that.

ajsccfc

Adrian Wilkinson wants it removed from a Facebook forum because he's sick of hearing about it. I bet he'd tell you white privilege doesn't exist

Otis

Pointless talking to my wife about it. She says the protestors are just as bad as the police and she can't understand why the blacks are angry about something from 125 years ago.

She also says there is no point ever protesting, because protests never work.

shmmeee

Pointless talking to my wife about it. She says the protestors are just as bad as the police and she can't understand why the blacks are angry about something from 125 years ago.

Reminder of that next time she’s nagging you.

OffenhamSkyBlue

Yank Gammon

Incidentally, there were rumours going round Twitter that one of the guys in the bottom left pic was a student at Warwick Uni. They have investigated and have robustly stated that there is no connection between them and the University.

hill83

Haven’t you already told us your wife is racist several times? Couldn’t give a fuck what she says to be honest.

And homophobic while we are at it.

Last edited:

Otis

Haven’t you already told us your wife is racist several times? Couldn’t give a fuck what she says to be honest.

And homophobic while we are at it.
Yup.

Always hope she is redeemable and only brought it up again now because our 15 year old has gone and protested today and my wife was dead set against it.

So, tried to reason with her. She won't listen though.

She said the daughter couldn't go and I said she should if she felt so strongly about it and so she has gone.

ajsccfc

Had to field a few emails this week from people raging that two Snapchat goons in the picture further up had offers for Warwick in September, thankfully to confirm it was complete bollocks and they're not even applicants. After the group chat thing last year this would have been a hell of a follow-up

David O'Day

Had to field a few emails this week from people raging that two Snapchat goons in the picture further up had offers for Warwick in September, thankfully to confirm it was complete bollocks and they're not even applicants. After the group chat thing last year this would have been a hell of a follow-up
Warwick - Come for rapists, stay for the racist

Users who are viewing this thread