George Floyd (8 Viewers)

D

Deleted member 4439

When you watch the unblurred video, maybe the copper wouldn't have had to put his knee on his face if he didn't have one eye trying to see if the mob were going to attack him or not.

People are forgetting that the 2 coppers were heavily outnumbered and that police are getting attacked all of the time in London, this is why all the pricks surrounding the police shouting at them should have been arrested as well. Are people forgetting the other week when the police were trying to restrain somebody and his mates were sticking the boot in to the police?

Still, all his mates saying he has done nothing wrong and his lawyer is going with the outrage defence and playing on the BLM stuff to get him off any charge.

Why the fuck would anybody want to be in the police, putting themselves on the line for a shit wage protecting people sat at home whinging about them for putting a knee on a woman beater's face for a few seconds.

Nick, Indeed. I'm not going to say too much here, but my friend and a life-long City supporter of 40 years (ST holder over all of those years), was attacked in the course of their duties in May this year. They were kicked in the stomach but thankfully the stab vest took most of that. The attacker has received 8 months. My friend is still off work with trauma.

edit: I think the above got into an attempted edit of an earlier post but hey.

Nick

Administrator
Nick, Indeed. I'm not going to say too much here, but my friend and a life-long City supporter of 40 years (ST holder over all of those years), was attacked in the course of their duties in May this year. They were kicked in the stomach but thankfully the stab vest took most of that. The attacker has received 8 months. My friend is still off work with trauma.

Oh I know they have to put up with so much shit.

Somebody close to me worked in that line of work, they were attacked a few times by people like this. They left because it wasn't worth the hassle and the risk every day of not knowing if they would come home with a black eye or worse.

A lot of people don't seem to live in the real world or know what it is like to be in the position of those 2 coppers, they were dealing with a violent man who was trying to fight back, who was carrying a knife and they also had to keep an eye on the crowd stood around them to see what they were doing. His knee went on his head for a few seconds and he wasn't even putting all of his weight on it.

A lot of the media are forgetting to mention that the bloke was wanted for recall to prison in their "white copper nearly kills poor black man" agenda.

Anybody on here ever been threatened with their child being raped by people with a past like the guy who was arrested? Anybody had a phone call in the middle of the night to say somebody had been attacked on duty? Anybody had to seen somebody go back to work on fucking shit money while sporting a black eye from scum like this? Nah, course not. Too busy saying a knee on the head for a few seconds is disturbing. Get in the real world.

Yet this scummy little c**t has a fan club stood outside court waving banners and probably taking the knee for him purely because of his skin colour. It's no wonder there are police being run out of certain places when trying to do their jobs.

Last edited:

Marty

I reckon NoWisdom is the sort of bloke to cower behind his wife, probably sends her round the neighbours when they have the music on too loud as well.

chiefdave

Look at a few posters including you on the thread, acting disgusted because a man had a knee on his head for a few seconds and was never at risk of death or actual harm.
Think you need to separate the use of the technique from this particular incident.

If the guy is guilty of an offence then of course he should be dealt with but that doesn't mean you can't question how it was handled. The fact that the police will have access to the body cam footage and have given an immediate suspension pending further investigation would indicate a potential issue has been identified.

The problem seems to be it is a bit of a grey area in that it is not a trained or recommenced technique but is also not prohibited. That might be something to look at, clearer guidance to the police might help prevent future issues. You can see the current guidance online "Officers need to understand the lethal potential of neck restraints. Any form of pressure on the neck area can be highly dangerous".

Don't care what colour someone is, if the technique is putting people in unnecessary danger then it needs to be looked at to see if there are safer alternatives.

Nick

Administrator
Think you need to separate the use of the technique from this particular incident.

If the guy is guilty of an offence then of course he should be dealt with but that doesn't mean you can't question how it was handled. The fact that the police will have access to the body cam footage and have given an immediate suspension pending further investigation would indicate a potential issue has been identified.

The problem seems to be it is a bit of a grey area in that it is not a trained or recommenced technique but is also not prohibited. That might be something to look at, clearer guidance to the police might help prevent future issues. You can see the current guidance online "Officers need to understand the lethal potential of neck restraints. Any form of pressure on the neck area can be highly dangerous".

Don't care what colour someone is, if the technique is putting people in unnecessary danger then it needs to be looked at to see if there are safer alternatives.

The bloke wasn't in danger. They didn't pin him down by his neck, it was his head.

Look at how people just want to stand about defending him, filming it rather than helping the police? Then its straight onto social media as "POLICE TRY TO KILL BLACK MAN OMG OMG" and the outrage is there probably whipped up before they even got back to the station with him. Of course the police will have to make statements quick, like they did with the Athletes who drove away from the police and started filming as they did it.

It is all public pressure, the media add to it and whip everything up.

Police will end up being too scared to do anything, to stop people, to search people for weapons. Watch the police being run out of neighbourhoods.

People also need to see the context of it and in that moment, they had a violent man trying to fight back against them and an angry mob all stood about filming, shouting and could have stuck the boot in at any moment.

Here's an idea, how about people don't resist arrest. How about people don't stand about shouting at police because they are arresting a black person? How about people don't carry knives? How about people don't get recalled to prison after smashing a woman's face in?

People need to take responsibility, all of the people who stood about saying things to the police should have been arrested.

Nick

Administrator
It's a shame that an anti racism thread can be turned into an anti anti racism thread. Mission accomplished I guess.
Where? It's not racist or anti anti racist to point out that something isn't automatically racially motivated every time.

Let's forget his crimes and him having a knife. It was all because of his skin colour.

This is part of the issue. As said, people need to own their own shit. Instead of making him some hero victim, he should be called out for the scumbag he is.

Maybe when the white person I know got twatted by somebody who wasn't white when breaking up a fight should have claimed compo for racism?

Tommo1993

It’s claimed to be racist but it’s the weird apologists who are really struggling to see past skin colour...

Nick

Administrator
Where is it claimed to be racist. A whole apologist narrative is being made up and applied here

A man is searched, a knife is found. He is wanted to be recalled to prison for battering the fuck out of a woman.

Yet mentioning that makes you anti anti racist? How.

This is exactly the type of attitude that makes people stay silent in case they get called a gammon or a racist, there's nothing to prove that it was racially motivated at all. It's getting to the point where everything is racist unless it can be proven otherwise. It is dangerous.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

According to his lawyer he was legally carrying a tool to fix a bicycle. When I ride my bike I carry a small toolkit that includes a fold out plier that has a blade in the handle. If I’m stopped and searched would that justify a knee on my neck? Being white though I’ve never been stopped and searched.
You've never been stopped and searched because you're white ? So the police are racist because you have never been stopped and searched. Have you been waving a 24" machete along the high street every evening for the last 6 months shouting " I'm gonna kill all the black people " and the police haven't touched you because you're white .
You should go into the nearest police station and complain.
That's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard . You're saying that any white bloke never been stopped and searched is proof that the police are racist. You need help.

Last edited:

Tommo1993

Where is it claimed to be racist. A whole apologist narrative is being made up and applied here

A black man is being defended for carrying a knife, the modern public approach seems to be totally wrapped up in the colour of his skin. People want equality but this is far from equality.

White, black, stripey, spotty, who cares? Apprehend the scabby twat.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

He was stopped and searched because of the violent incident the police were called to. They weren't just driving down the road and jumped out and pinned him to the ground because he was black.

People seem to keep forgetting about how things are different when you try to fight the police compared to when you just stop and talk to them properly.

It has got a violent, wanted man off the street who has a history of carrying offensive weapons. Yet because he is black it is all about the colour of his skin and it's an outrage the police dared to question this poor man.
Why are people more interested in the colour of a man's skin rather than what he had apparently been arrested for or that he resisted arrest ? Are they so insecure that colour is more important to them than actually the notion of keeping our streets safe ?

Nick

Administrator
A black man is being defended for carrying a knife, but the modern public approach seems to be totally wrapped up in the colour of his skin. People want equality but this is far from equality.

Like I said, if a skinhead who knocks about with Tommy Robinson was wanted to return to prison after beating a woman and had a knee on his head for 3 or 4 seconds while he was failing to comply and fighting back. Would anybody give a shit? Would they fuck.

If the police went up to that prick in broadgate and he failed to comply and they had to restrain him, would anybody be disturbed? No, not in the slightest.

Nick

Administrator
Why are people more interested in the colour of a man's skin rather than what he had apparently been arrested for or that he resisted arrest ? Are they so insecure that colour is more important to them than actually the notion of keeping our streets safe ?

I will probably get slated and called a racist gammon but people and communities need to face up to things and issues. Just because he has black skin, it doesn't instantly mean he is a poor, innocent lamb just based on that. The same as walking down the straight it doesn't make somebody guilty just based on the skin colour.

Yet whenever you see something like this there's always people claiming how innocent they are, look at those 2 pricks in Broadgate carrying a knife. The poor boys. Look at when you see drug dealers being stabbed in London, the poor angels. Look at the bloke from the specials grandson, poor innocent lad but convicted of robbing people at gun point.

This isn't just a black thing, it's a generational thing but at the minute incidents with black people are hitting the news for obvious reasons.

People need to face up to their own actions, the guy was a fucking scumbag and was resisting arrest and all people could do is stand about filming shouting "he hasn't done anything". He has, he's smashed a woman's eye socket in.

Skybluefaz

A black man is being defended for carrying a knife, the modern public approach seems to be totally wrapped up in the colour of his skin. People want equality but this is far from equality.

Without a doubt, but does that mean BLM should be poked at off the back of it. "He'll probably try and use BLM shit to get off" "there will be a go fund me for him", it seems to be an attempt to make anyone who supports the notion of BLM look like a bed wetting, police hating criminal sympathiser.

clint van damme

It was on his head.

Maybe if he wasn't carrying a knife and wanted by police it wouldn't have happened. Of course, it was all because of his skin colour.

I don't anybody would be bothered if Tommy Robinson beat his Mrs and had a Coppers knee on his head for a few seconds

I would as much as I hate Robinson.
You can't administer law and order based on who the perpetrator is.
It's a slippery slope.

Nick

Administrator
Without a doubt, but does that mean BLM should be poked at off the back of it. "He'll probably try and use BLM shit to get off" "there will be a go fund me for him", it seems to be an attempt to make anyone who supports the notion of BLM look like a bed wetting, police hating criminal sympathiser.

That's your assumption, the BLM outside the court for him shows people will back him up just because of his skin colour regardless of who he is.

There seem to be some bed wetters in this thread, Tony thinks he was only stopped as he was black. Dod thinks he wasn't charged.

clint van damme

I will probably get slated and called a racist gammon but people and communities need to face up to things and issues. Just because he has black skin, it doesn't instantly mean he is a poor, innocent lamb just based on that. The same as walking down the straight it doesn't make somebody guilty just based on the skin colour.

Yet whenever you see something like this there's always people claiming how innocent they are, look at those 2 pricks in Broadgate carrying a knife. The poor boys. Look at when you see drug dealers being stabbed in London, the poor angels. Look at the bloke from the specials grandson, poor innocent lad but convicted of robbing people at gun point.

This isn't just a black thing, it's a generational thing but at the minute incidents with black people are hitting the news for obvious reasons.

People need to face up to their own actions, the guy was a fucking scumbag and was resisting arrest and all people could do is stand about filming shouting "he hasn't done anything". He has, he's smashed a woman's eye socket in.

But you give the police a pass because the perpetrators a wrong un and next thing they're beating up a peaceful protestor in a wheel chair which is exactly what happened in the States this week..

Or you allow them to shoot drug dealers and next thing they're shooting people they don't like who have done nothing wrong and making out they were drug dealers to cover themselves which is what S happening in the Philippines.

clint van damme

edit: I think the above got into an attempted edit of an earlier post but hey.

8 months is scandalously short for that type of assault to be honest but that's a matter for the justice system.

D

Deleted member 4439

8 months is scandalously short for that type of assault to be honest but that's a matter for the justice system.

It came down to the fact that the repeated kicks landed on the stab vest, and so the charge was ABH not GBH.

Nick

Administrator
But you give the police a pass because the perpetrators a wrong un and next thing they're beating up a peaceful protestor in a wheel chair which is exactly what happened in the States this week..

Or you allow them to shoot drug dealers and next thing they're shooting people they don't like who have done nothing wrong and making out they were drug dealers to cover themselves which is what S happening in the Philippines.

A pass for what?

He put his knee on his head for a few seconds. He didn't even harm him a tazer would have done more.

He wasn't a peaceful protestor, he had a knife.

clint van damme

It came down to the fact that the repeated kicks landed on the stab vest, and so the charge was ABH not GBH.

even for ABH it should have been more. Totally wrong.
I am calling for the police to be accountable which I think is only right but they also need protecting.

clint van damme

A pass for what?

He put his knee on his head for a few seconds. He didn't even harm him a tazer would have done more.

He wasn't a peaceful protestor, he had a knife.

and if the officer has used techniques he shouldn't of, which I believe is why the officer has been suspended, it needs investigating.
The same as when I or anyone else at work does stuff outside of procedure, it gets looked at.

It doesn't matter that he wasn't a peaceful protester. But if he was carrying a knife hopefully he will be charged and jailed.

Grendel

and if the officer has used techniques he shouldn't of, which I believe is why the officer has been suspended, it needs investigating.
The same as when I or anyone else at work does stuff outside of procedure, it gets looked at.

It doesn't matter that he wasn't a peaceful protester. But if he was carrying a knife hopefully he will be charged and jailed.

He had a knife for bike repairs apparently 😂

Nick

Administrator

Again you need the context, he didn't just randomly pull up and think "he's black, I'm going to attack him".

He was trying to deal with a violent man resisting arrest and an angry mob all being dicks. They were pretty much out numbered and could have been attacked.

Of course it matters if it was a peaceful protestor, a proven criminal with a knife resisting arrest is a bit different to just restraining a man in the street.

I've seen people slammed up the wall by police to try and restrain them which would have done more damage, I didn't think to get my phone out and film it though.

It's going to be a scary world where wanted men can't be restrained if they are black.

Maybe, people should stop driving away when asked to stop or trying to fight police? Just an idea. It might work.

Context of the situation is massive. He didn't hurt the bloke in the slightest. The bloke has automatically gone for the neck shout and his lawyer is saying his knife was to fix his bike and making out its because he was black and demanding an apology.

Apology to a woman beater with a knife.

clint van damme

Again you need the context, he didn't just randomly pull up and think "he's black, I'm going to attack him".

He was trying to deal with a violent man resisting arrest and an angry mob all being dicks. They were pretty much out numbered and could have been attacked.

Of course it matters if it was a peaceful protestor, a proven criminal with a knife resisting arrest is a bit different to just restraining a man in the street.

I've seen people slammed up the wall by police to try and restrain them which would have done more damage, I didn't think to get my phone out and film it though.

It's going to be a scary world where wanted men can't be restrained if they are black.

Maybe, people should stop driving away when asked to stop or trying to fight police? Just an idea. It might work.

I've not suggested the officer did pull up and attack him because he's black.
I've never suggested men shouldn't be restraint if they are black. But can you give me an example of a country where the police aren't allowed to apprehend black men? Because if you can't you're scary scenario doesn't actually exist.

My scary scenario, where the police can kill and assault with impunity does and I've given you two examples.

Users who are viewing this thread