George Floyd (6 Viewers)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I've no sympathy for anyone carrying a knife but I still don't understand why you'd kneel on someone's neck.

I've never heard of anyone using their neck to put a knife in someone.

As you said yourself, that procedure is wrong.
Yes. The procedure is clearly risky and can be used, if needed , to kill someone as we have seen. For a police officer to use it after all that has gone on is ridiculous . It needs to be stopped.
However, is there anything there to prove the officer was motivated in his actions by race.
If the assailant was white and acted the same would the officer have responded the same way ? You'd hope so, but we really don't know .
Is there much evidence of this technique being used in the UK on either white or black groups and if so, is there any inconsistency in the figures ?
...I don't suppose they keep records.

Last edited:

David O'Day

I've no sympathy for anyone carrying a knife but I still don't understand why you'd kneel on someone's neck.

I've never heard of anyone using their neck to put a knife in someone.

As you said yourself, that procedure is wrong.

The man hasn't been charged with carrying an illegal weapon and his lawyer says he was legally carrying a tool to fix his bike.

David O'Day

I'm interested to know what you would view as sufficient proof any incident has a racial aspect? Are you expecting the officer in question to pop on his Klan uniform before kneeling on someones neck?
I'm interested to know what you would view as sufficient proof any incident has a racial aspect? Are you expecting the officer in question to pop on his Klan uniform before kneeling on someones neck?

Mate you know it's not racism unless the guy changes into a full Herr Flick from Allo Allo costume first.

Macca

There is a solution for all this. Massive recruitment drive of black people into the police and black people can only be arrested by black officers

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

There is a solution for all this. Massive recruitment drive of black people into the police and black people can only be arrested by black officers

But bring that in a women will say they should only be arrested by women. Asians should only be arrested by Asians. Trans can only be arrested by trans, muslims by muslims etc. Unworkable.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

As far as arresting someone is concerned ? You tell me.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

The man hasn't been charged with carrying an illegal weapon and his lawyer says he was legally carrying a tool to fix his bike.
So your conclusion is he was arrested because of the colour of his skin then. That makes sense.

Grendel

So your conclusion is he was arrested because of the colour of his skin then. That makes sense.

Reminds me of a story when graham Swann was arrested for drink driving - his hamster had got stuck under floorboards and he’d had to go in his car to get some tools to open the floorboards

Is David blacking up today?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Is kneeling on his neck motivated by race or is it simply a very poor decision by the officer in question?
If a black officer knelt on my neck should I assume he's a racist ? ( I'm white, for my sins )

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Reminds me of a story when graham Swann was arrested for drink driving - his hamster had got stuck under floorboards and he’d had to go in his car to get some tools to open the floorboards

Is David blacking up today?
I should cocoa .

Nick

Administrator
Apparently they stopped and searched him after being called to the area for a crime that he wasn’t involved in. Why did they stop and search him if that’s the case?

Man who has been to prison for violence, carrying a knife at the scene of a fight and was wanted to be recalled to prison. Also resisting arrest and has previous for carrying weapons. I am sure somebody capable of breaking a woman's eye socket can live with a knee on his head for a little bit.

Yeah it's fucking stupid to put his knee there, but again. If he wasn't wanted by the police, if he wasn't at the scene of a fight, if he wasn't resisting, if he wasn't carrying a knife then it probably wouldn't have happened at all. Was anybody filming what happened before it or has just the video of the police having him pinned down been released?

Would anybody have much sympathy if there was a Tommy Robinson type skinhead, woman beater with a knee on his head who was carrying a knife? I doubt it.

It is going to be worrying if people like that just get waved off because of their skin colour. Nowadays it will just be a case of make videos go viral and get an apology and let off. I don't envy the police, if there's a wanted, violent bloke known for carrying weapons resisting arrest do you struggle with him or just let him walk off to save the hassle?

I am sure DOD will blame his ex missus for headbutting his fists though. Imagine a world where the public would rather stand about and film / heckle the police struggling with a violent man carrying a knife rather than help them. It is scary.

Interesting he is shouting "Get off my neck" while he is kneeling on the side of his head though. The copper gets suspended for catching a wanted, violent man who was carrying a knife.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator

Marcus Coutain, 45, (30.4.75) of Islington was charged on Friday, 17 July, with possession of a knife in a public place.

Dread to think what his nunchucks he has been caught carrying previously were for. Sex Toys?

Marty

Man who has been to prison for violence, carrying a knife at the scene of a fight and was wanted to be recalled to prison. Also resisting arrest and has previous for carrying weapons. I am sure somebody capable of breaking a woman's eye socket can live with a knee on his head for a little bit.

Yeah it's fucking stupid to put his knee there, but again. If he wasn't wanted by the police, if he wasn't at the scene of a fight, if he wasn't resisting, if he wasn't carrying a knife then it probably wouldn't have happened at all. Was anybody filming what happened before it or has just the video of the police having him pinned down been released?

Would anybody have much sympathy if there was a Tommy Robinson type skinhead, woman beater with a knee on his head who was carrying a knife? I doubt it.

It is going to be worrying if people like that just get waved off because of their skin colour. Nowadays it will just be a case of make videos go viral and get an apology and let off. I don't envy the police, if there's a wanted, violent bloke known for carrying weapons resisting arrest do you struggle with him or just let him walk off to save the hassle?

I am sure DOD will blame his ex missus for headbutting his fists though. Imagine a world where the public would rather stand about and film / heckle the police struggling with a violent man carrying a knife rather than help them. It is scary.

Interesting he is shouting "Get off my neck" while he is kneeling on the side of his head though. The copper gets suspended for catching a wanted, violent man who was carrying a knife.

It's not a job I would do, I don't envy them one bit. Imagine living in a society where you condemn the police for coming down hard on violent criminals carrying weapons. It's actually embarrassing that the police are going on like this.

D

Deleted member 4439

He has been charged with carrying a knife, and the case sent to Crown Court. Of course, it may be that he is found not guilty; but that is most certainly the charge.

Macca

But bring that in a women will say they should only be arrested by women. Asians should only be arrested by Asians. Trans can only be arrested by trans, muslims by muslims etc. Unworkable.

what we have now is unmanageable. If this revolting character had been arrested by a black officer with a foot on his throat we would be seeing him for the scumbag he is rather than the emphasis on the arrest. I take your point but this is the immediate issue

NorthernWisdom

. I am sure somebody capable of breaking a woman's eye socket can live with a knee on his head for a little bit.

It's not a job I would do, I don't envy them one bit. Imagine living in a society where you condemn the police for coming down hard on violent criminals carrying weapons. It's actually embarrassing that the police are going on like this.

Before we go too far along this path, let's see what the Deputy Met Police Commissioner said about it.

The video footage that I have seen today and is circulating on social media is extremely disturbing.

Some of the techniques used cause me great concern - they are not taught in police training.

Given he has also seen the body cam footage, that isn't your normal bland holding statement.

Marty

Before we go too far along this path, let's see what the Deputy Met Police Commissioner said about it.

Given he has also seen the body cam footage, that isn't your normal bland holding statement.

A wanted violent offender was taking off the streets. The police officer likely saved a young life that night and should be commended for his bravery in the face of such aggression.

skybluetony176

So why didn’t they go straight to arrest instead of stop and searching him, discovering the weapon that led to his arrest. You seem to be suggesting that this stemmed from the police identifying him, clearly they hadn’t otherwise there wouldn’t have been a stop and searched. The identification clearly happened after the event. The question to ADM was originally why was he stopped and searched if the police had been called to a crime he wasn’t involved in? ADM was questioning whether he was arrested because of the colour of his skin, which he clearly wasn’t. My question was why was he stopped and searched in the first place?

skybluetony176

A wanted violent offender was taking off the streets. The police officer likely saved a young life that night and should be commended for his bravery in the face of such aggression.
The first part of your reply seems pure luck. Are you suggesting that the guy was on his way somewhere to commit a murder?

NorthernWisdom

The Deputy Met Police Commissioner says it's our of order how it was done.

Personally, I'm glad our police leaders seem to have a grasp on things, and aren't psychotic nutters.

Marty

The first part of your reply seems pure luck. Are you suggesting that the guy was on his way somewhere to commit a murder?

I'm not suggesting he was on his way to commit a murder, What I am suggesting is that if he was involved in any agro that night then he was equipped to cause serious harm and likely death.

Tommo1993

There’s not enough scrutiny on black on black violence. All focus seems to be when a white person gets involved.

Grendel

I'm not suggesting he was on his way to commit a murder, What I am suggesting is that if he was involved in any agro that night then he was equipped to cause serious harm and likely death.

Perhaps he was a Boy Scout on his way to an outdoor persuits day

Marty

The Deputy Met Police Commissioner says it's our of order how it was done.

Personally, I'm glad our police leaders seem to have a grasp on things, and aren't psychotic nutters.

With all due respect I don't think we should be taking the word of a commissioner who's over saw violent crime rapidly grow in his area. He's clearly not very good at his job and playing to his audience, and is not someone's opinion we should listen too.

It's all well and good sitting behind a desk criticizing someone on the front line, but Sir Stephen House is about 11 stone wet through and would have got absolutely ruined if he tried to apprehend the man.

NorthernWisdom

With all due respect I don't think we should be taking the word of a commissioner who's over saw violent crime rapidly grow in his area.
No, let's take the word of a random message board poster who hasn't seen the footage he has.

With all due respect.

Still, it worked well in the US when the police tried to sweep things under the carpet.

clint van damme

We have to have proper processes and accountability and that has to apply to everyone otherwise we end up like the States where the police are basically a militia with licence to do what the fuck they want.

NorthernWisdom

We have to have proper processes and accountability and that has to apply to everyone otherwise we end up like the States where the police are basically a militia with licence to do what the fuck they want.
I'd have thought the response from our lot is an excellent reassurance that we take things seriously.

But nope, it seems to be provoking a lot of he had it coming. Dangerous ground, that.

Marty

No, let's take the word of a random message board poster who hasn't seen the footage he has.

With all due respect.

Still, it worked well in the US when the police tried to sweep things under the carpet.

Hahaha, touche.

Tommo1993

There's a whole division of the Met dedicated to black inn black violence.

One doesn't justify the other.

No of course not. But any activism against black gang violence is almost unheard of compared to say BLM standing up when bad things happen involving different ethnicities. It doesn’t feel, as I said, equally scrutinised.

Users who are viewing this thread