George Floyd (5 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Before we go too far along this path, let's see what the Deputy Met Police Commissioner said about it.

Given he has also seen the body cam footage, that isn't your normal bland holding statement.
It's almost as if the police have to apologise for everything now due to public pressure and people defend a proven scumbag carrying a knife just based on his skin colour.

He was carrying a knife and resisting arrest, he had a knee on his head for a few seconds. His life was never at risk.

Its scary. I know somebody who was stabbed recently and I won't say what happened to the knife man before the police got there, no doubt some of you lot would have stuff up for the scumbag.

Skybluefaz

My disappointment with the response to the clip is the desperation to remove any notion that there could have been a racial motivation on behalf of the white officer. It doesn't mean there was one. We do not know.

Nick

Administrator
The fact he had a knife, was wanted by the police and resisting arrest had nothing to do with it. All about his skin colour unless proven otherwise.

Police are going to be petrified to arrest people now, many on here ever tried to restrain a convicted thug with a knife while surrounded by a crowd having a go? He put his knee on his head, the man wasn't going to die

The desperation to put the attention on the police rather than the c**t they were arresting worries me. No doubt he will get some compo, not go back to jail and a go fund me in return for carrying a knife.

Nick

Administrator
Or alternatively they were using a disturbing method of arrest that wasn't in their training to use...

Is it actually disturbing though, really? He had his knee on his head for a few seconds, not his throat.

Still, let's focus on the copper trying to deal with a wanted, violent man with a knife who was surrounded by a crowd rather than the actual criminal.

The man smashed a woman's eye socket, yet you are scared about him being pinned down on his head for a few seconds while he resisted arrest.

People need to start being realistic, in a world where police are being attacked just for being police who knows what might happen.

I really hope the police go on strike.

Nick

Administrator
The police seem to think so.
Nothing to do with public pressure though, right? Same as those athletes who got a thinly veiled apology while saying the police did nothing wrong.

It's more disturbing that you would want to defend a man like him having a knee on his head for a few seconds. Imagine his ex Mrs when she was getting her head reconstructed. It's no wonder the police have to say sorry when people like some on here are so desperate to defend the actual criminal.

This shit really does scare me. I have had somebody waving a sword around in a pub, I'll ring some people on here next time who will calmly just deal with it.

NorthernWisdom

My disappointment with the response to the clip is the desperation to remove any notion that there could have been a racial motivation on behalf of the white officer. It doesn't mean there was one. We do not know.
I find this discussion (as many, tbf!) very bizarre.

As far as I can see, nobody (apart from, maybe, one poster) has said the police shouldn't have arrested him.

At this stage he was in handcuffs, on the ground, with two officers there. It's safe to say he wasn't winning this fight!

And all you mentioned was that it wasn't a good look after George Floyd. That's, surely,undeniable. Even ADM got there in the end ;)
For a police officer to use it after all that has gone on is ridiculous . It needs to be stopped.

clint van damme

yet you are scared about him being pinned down on his head for a few seconds while he resisted arrest.

no, it's about making sure it doesn't become the norm and they start doing it to people for fuck all. Given the circumstances that you've pointed out I'm sure there's every chance the officer will be exonerated but that's why you have accountability.
If you don't you end up with plain clothes officers snatching people off the street. I'm sure if you'd told the people of Portland ten years ago that would be happening in their city they'd have told you to stop talking shite but it's happening as we speak because the police have been given licence to do what they want.

Nick

Administrator
I find this discussion (as many, tbf!) very bizarre.

As far as I can see, nobody (apart from, maybe, one poster) has said the police shouldn't have arrested him.

At this stage he was in handcuffs, on the ground, with two officers there. It's safe to say he wasn't winning this fight!

And all you mentioned was that it wasn't a good look after George Floyd. That's, surely,undeniable. Even ADM got there in the end ;)

Really? I mean it's as if people can't spit.

He was restraining arrest ffs. He had a knee on his head for a few seconds.

It wasn't a good look mainly because of people as seen on this thread who want to jump on the police for it. They should have jumped on the cunts head.

Hope he cuddles you all back and you donate to his go fund me because he might have got a small graze. The poor baby.

NorthernWisdom

Nothing to do with public pressure though, right?
Definitely not if they looked on this board...
It's more disturbing that you would want to defend a man like him having a knee on his head for a few seconds. Imagine his ex Mrs when she was getting her head reconstructed. It's no wonder the police have to say sorry when people like some on here are so desperate to defend the actual criminal.

This shit really does scare me. I have had somebody waving a sword around in a pub, I'll ring some people on here next time who will calmly just deal with it.
There's only one of us not citing the police when making a judgement in this. This magical 'defending a man' shit as well, comes from fuck all doesn't it, really. It isn't there, is it?

Nick

Administrator
no, it's about making sure it doesn't become the norm and they start doing it to people for fuck all. Given the circumstances that you've pointed out I'm sure there's every chance the officer will be exonerated but that's why you have accountability.
If you don't you end up with plain clothes officers snatching people off the street. I'm sure if you'd told the people of Portland ten years ago that would be happening in their city they'd have told you to stop talking shite but it's happening as we speak because the police have been given licence to do what they want.
You think he will be let off? The police will be hounded until he's fired.

The norm will be that people can do whatever they want and shout about their neck and get away with it.

That's the scary bit.

Nick

Administrator
Definitely not if they looked on this board...

There's only one of us not citing the police when making a judgement in this. This magical 'defending a man' shit as well, comes from fuck all doesn't it, really. It isn't there, is it?
Look at a few posters including you on the thread, acting disgusted because a man had a knee on his head for a few seconds and was never at risk of death or actual harm.

I really do hope the police go on strike and you can go and deal with cunts like that while surrounded by a mob filming you. Don't know about you but I've have wanted him unconscious to be sure I wouldn't be attacked.

Still, he was black so the police were clearly trying to kill him.

This is where people need to take responsibility for their own actions. The copper was a hero in my eyes having up deal with everything in that split second.

The cunts stood around causing issues should have all been arrested too.

NorthernWisdom

Look at a few posters including you on the thread, acting disgusted because a man had a knee on his head for a few seconds and was never at risk of death or actual harm.
WHo's disgusted? All I've done is agree it's not a good look, and quote the Deputy Commissioner of the Met Police. There's only one person starting a fight in an empty house around here, deciding what people think, how they feel, and it fucking stinks.

Grendel

Well well

Nick

Administrator
WHo's disgusted? All I've done is agree it's not a good look, and quote the Deputy Commissioner of the Met Police. There's only one person starting a fight in an empty house around here, deciding what people think, how they feel, and it fucking stinks.
Read the tone of posts from you, dod etc. I'd say that stinks more.

I'm just replying the posts people are putting up. Dod is even trying to deny his charge, just based on his skin colour.

Still, you will all be out this weekend restraining woman beaters with knives right?

It isn't a good look mainly because of the people who will defend the c**t based on his skin colour, accusing the police of being racist. Let's forget who he was.

People are disturbed because of the hysterical gimps thinking he was about to die. Same people who forgot what those athletes had done to be stopped.

Some people don't live in the real world. Try having family members dealing with cunts like this trying to hurt them every day, on a shit wage, working stupid hours never knowing if they will be attacked or spat at that day or if they will see their kids that night.

Still, he had a knee on his head for a few seconds. His throat was never at risk. Poor man.

Last edited:

NorthernWisdom

Of course we can’t get through this without Corbyn looking like a silly c*nt.

No carry knife, no worry about it.
What's wrong with what he's said, then? Clears them, it shows the police are transparent, and have rigorous standards by allowing it to be investigated. Doesn't clear them... it shows the police are transparent, and have rigorous standards by doing something about it!

While showing that our police force is more accountable than the US, and has better standards, protocols and procedures.

Nick

Administrator
Of course we can’t get through this without Corbyn looking like a silly c*nt.

No carry knife, no worry about it. I’ll just take a knife out with good intentions.
Yeah but he might have got his face grazed while trying to resist arrest

Make sure you have an angry mob with you and a lawyer saying the knife is to fix your bike.

clint van damme

You think he will be let off? The police will be hounded until he's fired.

The norm will be that people can do whatever they want and shout about their neck and get away with it.

That's the scary bit.

He won't be fired. And no one can shout about getting knelt on if it does t happen.

Nick

Administrator
What's wrong with what he's said, then? Clears them, it shows the police are transparent, and have rigorous standards by allowing it to be investigated. Doesn't clear them... it shows the police are transparent, and have rigorous standards by doing something about it!

While showing that our police force is more accountable than the US, and has better standards, protocols and procedures.
Was the footage actually deeply disturbing???? Ha

Fucking hell.

Nick

Administrator
He won't be fired. And no one can shout about getting knelt on if it does t happen.
It was on his head.

Maybe if he wasn't carrying a knife and wanted by police it wouldn't have happened. Of course, it was all because of his skin colour.

I don't anybody would be bothered if Tommy Robinson beat his Mrs and had a Coppers knee on his head for a few seconds

skybluetony176

I'm not suggesting he was on his way to commit a murder, What I am suggesting is that if he was involved in any agro that night then he was equipped to cause serious harm and likely death.
According to his lawyer he was legally carrying a tool to fix a bicycle. When I ride my bike I carry a small toolkit that includes a fold out plier that has a blade in the handle. If I’m stopped and searched would that justify a knee on my neck? Being white though I’ve never been stopped and searched.

Nick

Administrator
Again, the Deputy Chief Commissioner of the Met Police seems to think so. It's very odd to have trust in the police in one way, but not when a senior police officer says something!
Do you think it was disturbing or not?

Do you not think the police have to comment and act due to the outrage by soft cunts to try and appease them?

Police are already being run out of certain places, give it a year and let's see where we are. Again, I hope the police just go on strike.

Have you or anybody close to you ever had to restrain people like this who have had weapons?

skybluetony176

He was carrying a knife.

Fucking hell, the desperation to defend this c**t is embarrassing.
A) what he was carrying hasn’t been officially confirmed. Initially the police said it was a knife although they seem to have backtracked on it a bit and according to his lawyer he was legally carrying a tool use to fix bicycles.
B) The police as I understand it from the reports I’ve read were not called to deal with this individual and chose to randomly use stop and search powers on him. His history seems to have been an unknown stroke of luck to people who want to ignore that the only reason he was stopped and searched was because of the colour of his skin.
C) and the latter is the point I’m making. He was only stopped and searched because of the colour of his skin. That’s the overall issue faced by black people disproportionately on a daily basis.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

With this thing about on the head, not neck. It's still dangerous. It puts the head in an unnatural position, restricting the movement and can restrict blood flow along the jugular to the head. Having had someone do it me for only a short period (probably around 10 seconds) and it was mucking around so they weren't actually trying to hurt me or exert full pressure I can tell you it hurts and I was incredibly light-headed and felt like I was going to pass out. Had a throbbing headache afterwards and my eye was pulsing like a bitch.

Nick

Administrator
According to his lawyer he was legally carrying a tool to fix a bicycle. When I ride my bike I carry a small toolkit that includes a fold out plier that has a blade in the handle. If I’m stopped and searched would that justify a knee on my neck? Being white though I’ve never been stopped and searched.

Are you wanted for recall to prison for smashing a woman's eye socket? He was stopped and searched because of the incident the police were called out to.

Nick

Administrator
A) what he was carrying hasn’t been officially confirmed. Initially the police said it was a knife although they seem to have backtracked on it a bit and according to his lawyer he was legally carrying a tool use to fix bicycles.
B) The police as I understand it from the reports I’ve read were not called to deal with this individual and chose to randomly use stop and search powers on him. His history seems to have been an unknown stroke of luck to people who want to ignore that the only reason he was stopped and searched was because of the colour of his skin.
C) and the latter is the point I’m making. He was only stopped and searched because of the colour of his skin. That’s the overall issue faced by black people disproportionately on a daily basis.

He was stopped and searched because of the violent incident the police were called to. They weren't just driving down the road and jumped out and pinned him to the ground because he was black.

People seem to keep forgetting about how things are different when you try to fight the police compared to when you just stop and talk to them properly.

It has got a violent, wanted man off the street who has a history of carrying offensive weapons. Yet because he is black it is all about the colour of his skin and it's an outrage the police dared to question this poor man.

D

Deleted member 4439

Look, the guy may indeed be innocent of the charge, but what do you expect his bloody lawyer to say!

I have never been involved in a public disturbance, never been a burglar, never carried a knife. But I have been stopped and searched. The first time was when, aged 17, I committed the apparent sin - and I agree it probably was a sin - of going to see Sham 69 at Rock City in Nottingham. On leaving the gig and walking back through Nottingham I was stopped by two Police Officers and received tow blows in the chest and a hit in the face because "you probably think it's cool to dress that way".

When working at a Coventry warehouse on evening shift over the course of a few years in the late eighties and nineties I must have been stopped 4 or 5 times as I cycled home, as it was considered suspicious that I was cycling the streets at 2 o'clock in the morning. Several times I was searched.

Far too easy for people to blame the Police without understanding the difficult job they have to do and react to. I'm not going to say too much here, but my friend and one of our very loyal supporters - a life long City fan and ST holder - is currently off work having been attacked on whilst on duty in May. Thankfully the guy responsible (a white guy, should it matter) got 8 months for it.

Now, of course, the first incident was outrageous but this was a time when the Police could indeed be as brutal as their reputation. But I had no problem whatsoever with being stopped on other occasions.

I think we can agree that the way the Poice Officer attempted to contain this individual was wrong (though hardly amounts to police brutality). The problem, however, is that as with the other recent cases the just cause for Police intervention gets overlooked or even dismissed altogether, something that I guess suits certain agendas just fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nick

Administrator
I think we can agree that the way the Poice Officer attempted to contain this individual was wrong (though hardly amounts to police brutality). The problem, however, is that as with the other recent cases the just cause for Police intervention gets overlooked or even dismissed altogether, something that I guess suits certain agendas just fine.

When you watch the unblurred video, maybe the copper wouldn't have had to put his knee on his face if he didn't have one eye trying to see if the mob were going to attack him or not.

People are forgetting that the 2 coppers were heavily outnumbered and that police are getting attacked all of the time in London, this is why all the pricks surrounding the police shouting at them should have been arrested as well. Are people forgetting the other week when the police were trying to restrain somebody and his mates were sticking the boot in to the police?

Still, all his mates saying he has done nothing wrong and his lawyer is going with the outrage defence and playing on the BLM stuff to get him off any charge.

Why the fuck would anybody want to be in the police, putting themselves on the line for a shit wage protecting people sat at home whinging about them for putting a knee on a woman beater's face for a few seconds.

Said it earlier on, I used to get pulled over weekly when I was driving a car that drew attention to me. Not once did I try to fight them or give them attitude, funny that isn't it? The more people can try and fight the police and have the public and media defend them the more they will do it. The same as this prick was shouting "get off my neck" when he wasn't even on his neck. There was a video of somebody the other week shouting "get off my neck" too.

Standard way out of being done for things nowadays and people lap it up.

Grendel

Look, the guy may indeed be innocent of the charge, but what do you expect his bloody lawyer to say!

I have never been involved in a public disturbance, never been a burglar, never carried a knife. But I have been stopped and searched. The first time was when, aged 17, I committed the apparent sin - and I agree it probably was a sin - of going to see Sham 69 at Rock City in Nottingham. On leaving the gig and walking back through Nottingham I was stopped by two Police Officers and received tow blows in the chest and a hit in the face because "you probably think it's cool to dress that way".

When working at a Coventry warehouse on evening shift over the course of a few years in the late eighties and nineties I must have been stopped 4 or 5 times as I cycled home, as it was considered suspicious that I was cycling the streets at 2 o'clock in the morning. Several times I was searched.

Far too easy for people to blame the Police without understanding the difficult job they have to do and react to. I'm not going to say too much here, but my friend and one of our very loyal supporters - a life long City fan and ST holder - is currently off work having been attacked on whilst on duty in May. Thankfully the guy responsible (a white guy, should it matter) got 8 months for it.

Now, of course, the first incident was outrageous but this was a time when the Police could indeed be as brutal as their reputation. But I had no problem whatsoever with being stopped on other occasions.

Lots of questions and answers there

Users who are viewing this thread