George and John statue (2 Viewers)

chiefdave

Checked out some of the sculptors work, very good choice whoever picked him.

skybluelee

Donations currently stand at £8.5k from 391 donors. Could be a slow burner if this is all the initial flurry raised. If I'm reading it right only 9 donations made in the last 24 hours.

Tommo1993

Donations currently stand at £8.5k from 391 donors. Could be a slow burner if this is all the initial flurry raised. If I'm reading it right only 9 donations made in the last 24 hours.

Can’t see many, if any, post-1987 fans chipping in.

skybluelee

Can’t see many, if any, post-1987 fans chipping in.
You may be right. I'll concede that if there was something similar being done to commemorate the 1967 championship winning team or Clarrie Bourton I wouldn't be interested as before my time.

Skyblue Bangkok

You may be right. I'll concede that if there was something similar being done to commemorate the 1967 championship winning team or Clarrie Bourton I wouldn't be interested as before my ti
You may be right. I'll concede that if there was something similar being done to commemorate the 1967 championship winning team or Clarrie Bourton I wouldn't be interested as before my time.
In 30 years time there will probably be saying the same about Mark Robins.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Definitely an era thing as at one stage, other than MOTD, the FA cup was one of the few football games shown live throughout the rounds so seemed more special to players, managers and fans and the final day always was on from early morning on free tv, no dodgy stick or subscription needed then, just a radio rentals tv 😂

Not taking away from winning a league or playoffs, have loved them in recent years but the cup was something I always thought was one to win back then rather than just Div 1

may take some time to raise the money but pretty sure we’ll get there, it took us years to get to Wembley and this long for it to be honored so I guess no rush, unless the sculptor is old 😱

Sky Blue Pete

Definitely an era thing as at one stage, other than MOTD, the FA cup was one of the few football games shown live throughout the rounds so seemed more special to players, managers and fans and the final day always was on from early morning on free tv, no dodgy stick or subscription needed then, just a radio rentals tv 😂

Not taking away from winning a league or playoffs, have loved them in recent years but the cup was something I always thought was one to win back then rather than just Div 1

may take some time to raise the money but pretty sure we’ll get there, it took us years to get to Wembley and this long for it to be honored so I guess no rush, unless the sculptor is old 😱
Was surprised how young he looked

skyblueinBaku

*honoured! Are you American?

skybluelee

£60 from 4 donations in the last 20 hours. This may take some time... I assume there is a lot more planned publicity to boost awareness on the horizon?

TomRad85

If Robins gets us promoted he should certainly get one. Preferably while he's still alive to see it.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

edgy

A well organised high profile summer friendly at the CBS could pay for this in one go.

Sky Blue Pete

A well organised high profile summer friendly at the CBS could pay for this in one go.
Yep and lots of other ideas after the supporters have had a chance to get fully and squarely behind it with their minds and wallets
We’ll get the money

Users who are viewing this thread