George and John statue (1 Viewer)

False9

So many people on twitter fucking moaning that Doug is being tight and making us pay for it.

totally missing the point that this gives the clubs fans the opportunity to be a part of this and give back to George and John.

Gimoc and Dawkins being the main culprits for this.
Agreed, that Dawkins fella has a strong anti DK agenda. He even mentioned Joy donating, as if she's some sort of benevolent benefactor...

Hobo

Can you buy a brick with your name embossed in it?

shmmeee

Got me thinking: any players (other than Curtis) who deserve a statue? Only one I can think is maybe Clarrie Bourton as his record is never going to be beaten. Not sure anyone since makes it?

And the only other manager I think will be Robins when he finally goes.

Alkhen

Always Sunny Reaction GIF
Don't want to get too conspiratorial but... I think PorkySmurf might be GIMOC... Follow the chem trails sheeple

Last edited:

SlowerThanPlatt

Not one fan will own any part of the statue, nor will any contributors be recognised in any way. It is pathetic and stingy from the club. I hope I'm wrong but everything points towards Doug being a proper money-grabber at the moment.
Why would you want to own a part of a statue?

CBS16

Got me thinking: any players (other than Curtis) who deserve a statue? Only one I can think is maybe Clarrie Bourton as his record is never going to be beaten. Not sure anyone since makes it?

I was thinking this! To me it's a bit weird if they're too recent, but how cool would it be to have a big one of the entire 87 team, yknow the one of them celebrating with the cup on the pitch with George and John

hamertime

So many people on twitter fucking moaning that Doug is being tight and making us pay for it.

totally missing the point that this gives the clubs fans the opportunity to be a part of this and give back to George and John.

Gimoc and Dawkins being the main culprits for this.
That’s Harry Potter lookalike talks shite. He’s always been sore as sisu didn’t take him seriously.

Anyway I’m sure us fans would want to contribute to it, so we can show in a small way our appreciation to the biggest legends of this club. It means more when it’s paid for by the fans.

skybluelee

Oggy surely.

Alkhen

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread about statues for players, well would it be an idea to have a " walk of fame " similar to the one for movie stars in Hollywood

Sent from my 6102H using Tapatalk
Decent idea that, maybe the club could get old players to bring an old boot in to do an imprint. Could make it a yearly thing invite a notable ex player back for a talk and do the walk of fame ceremony

Sky Blue Pete

Would it be a good idea to raise something on here similar to the season ticket fund?
I was tempted to do this and send a donation on behalf of the sky blues talk forum but decided it would be better for individuals to just use the go fund me page

what do we all think friends?

Skyblueweeman

I was tempted to do this and send a donation on behalf of the sky blues talk forum but decided it would be better for individuals to just use the go fund me page

what do we all think friends?

I think someone made a fair point about £500 being a lot, especially in this day in age etc etc.

There's probably going to be a number who'd want to maybe contribute a smaller amount so I think it's a good idea.

hamertime

Decent idea that, maybe the club could get old players to bring an old boot in to do an imprint. Could make it a yearly thing invite a notable ex player back for a talk and do the walk of fame ceremony
Don't mention this to PVA, he will be lobbying to get Rosario back to do an imprint of his you know what.

letsallsingtogether

I think someone made a fair point about £500 being a lot, especially in this day in age etc etc.

There's probably going to be a number who'd want to maybe contribute a smaller amount so I think it's a good idea.
They didnt want a plinth with thousands of names on it that is why they choose £500 tbf most of the big contributors have asked not to have there names on it.

Users who are viewing this thread