Game of thrones (Again) (4 Viewers)

Ian1779

I don't have a 4K TV though. Just a HD one.

The brightness will definitely help though. Like someone said earlier they deliberately filmed it in this way to make it confusing for us to keep up.

olderskyblue

The brightness will definitely help though. Like someone said earlier they deliberately filmed it in this way to make it confusing for us to keep up.

The NK stirred up lots of crap to make vision difficult, so it would be odd if everything was then crystal clear for us. :emoji_relaxed:

SkyBlueScottie

Thoroughly enjoyed the episode, little bit surprised that he was offed with 3 to go, makes me think we have not seen all of his story yet. Was there a moment of recognition when the NK got to Bran?

Otis

Yeah, but it's alright you saying that. I avoided this thread in case there were spoilers and therefore only found out about putting the brightness up after watching the whole bloody thing. Grrrr.

An besides, every time I see the initials NK I think of Nigel Kennedy.

Last edited:

fellatio_Martinez

Half of me was expecting bran to talk to him. Or the nk to talk back!!! Alas, wasn't to be

There seemed to be some kind of telepathic communication going on between the NK and Bran. They look at each other for ages and the NK's facial expression changes as if he's been given new information.

Hopefully Bran will divulge next week.

vow

Yeah, but it's alright you saying that. I avoided this thread in case there were spoilers and therefore only found out about putting the brightness up and watching the whole bloody thing. Grrrr.

An besides, every time I see the initials NK I think of Nigel Kennedy.
I think of spark plugs.

RegTheDonk

I'm just glad they got rid of the night king early doors like I was hoping.

They can now focus on the human element which has brought us all the best bits in Game of Thrones, the plotting and ruthlessness of humans is a lot more interesting for me.....
Yes, I strongly agree.
The battle was tremendous (although you had to watch it in a dark room!) and everything we would expect from the most expensive TV show on the planet in terms of money, bodies and CGI. While it was great, unlike the other battles (most of which have been equally grandeur) we don't really know much about the Night King and his pals to care what happens to them. No emotional attachment, he's the bad guy and nothing more.

Like you much rather see how the main characters play out in terms of relationships and vengence. There have been many highlights for me, but none more so than Joffrey, Ramsey and Littlefinger getting their just deserts. The people you love to hate.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Bloody hell, fantastic episode.

Still lots to look forward too, like the battle between Cersei ,lord flashheart , and the rest , cleganebowl if it happens

Will Jaime and Tyrion betray the people they fought for ?

larry_david

Just watched the last 25 mins again. The music during the Kings approach is unbelievable. What a build up and tbh, on reflection the ending wasn't too bad. But yes, music once again was quality

fellatio_Martinez

They filmed at night and at a fast pace to show the confusion of warfare but they didn't intend for viewers to be completely lost.

I think they underestimated how hard it would be to see on a normal HD tv. They would have viewed the footage on state of the art 4K monitors from the source where as most of the audience were watching on standard tvs off satellite channels or even downloaded or streamed which diminished the quality even further.

I applaud them for their efforts but it didn't work. In 5-10 years when everyone has great tvs and a 4k blu ray of the episode I'm sure it'll be appreciated more.

duffer

Irritatingly dark for me personally, though still a great episode.

Tactically, I'd have pushed another line of barricades further out and fought behind them if possible, and split my Dothraki cavalry into two and harried from the flanks and the rear of opposition rather than waste them all in a futile long line frontal assault. Artillery placed behind infantry would've been more effective too. But hey, it's always an easy game watching from the stands.

Also, I'd definitely have had a fast horse and then a swift boat on standby round the back (the buggers have got too many holes in them to swim, surely!). Just enough space for me and Dany, natch. :)

vow

Irritatingly dark for me personally, though still a great episode.

Tactically, I'd have pushed another line of barricades further out and fought behind them if possible, and split my Dothraki cavalry into two and harried from the flanks and the rear of opposition rather than waste them all in a futile long line frontal assault. Artillery placed behind infantry would've been more effective too. But hey, it's always an easy game watching from the stands.

Also, I'd definitely have had a fast horse and then a swift boat on standby round the back (the buggers have got too many holes in them to swim, surely!). Just enough space for me and Dany, natch. :)
Fair play Monty, but what is a natch apart from a can of cider?

Nick

Administrator
Why did she keep pissing off on the Dragon? When they were all breaking through the trench, the dragon could have just sat there and wiped them all out.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Could they have filled the trenches with some dragon glass and when the Walkers fell into got one of the dragons to set fire to the trench thus destroying them that way ? Or have I ballsed up , if so good job I’m not in charge

Sky_Blue_Daz

Is Dany still considered a threat no Dothraki, limited unsullied and 2 severly injured dragons ?

I think Sansa will try a power play

vow

Is Dany still considered a threat no Dothraki, limited unsullied and 2 severly injured dragons ?

I think Sansa will try a power play
I was under the impression that there is only 1 dragon left now?

olderskyblue

both dragons are in the ep4 trailer

SkyBlueScottie

I did a rewatch, switched the TV to some "dynamic mode" and it was far easier to watch. Having said that, you did lose the unsettling feeling of confusion. It's also worth a rewatch to appreciate the last 30 or so mins. Once you know what's happened, you can sit and watch, and just take in the scenes, and yes listen to the music, fantastic piece of art.

olderskyblue

Yeah, that's a spoiler. Some people avoid the trailers.

I was under the impression that there is only 1 dragon left now?

Think vow's post earlier was more of a spoiler though eh? ;)

Sky_Blue_Daz

Hmmmm

What if the final scene was Jon on the iron throne bran wheeling himself into the great hall looking at Jon, then slowly gets out of his chair to reveal himself as the night king and kills Jon with the spear and claims the throne and then he raises the walkers again

Ian1779

Don’t think we’ve seen the end of the White Walkers/Night King - something in my gut tells me that wasn’t the end.

larry_david

Spoiler chat ***

Yes enjoyable. I'm very worried for my man Jaime now though... Is he going back to save Cersei... Or to kill her??

larry_david

Yeah long been a theory Jamie will end her. I imagine when he find out she's been telling people she's pregnant with eurons baby, or there is no baby... He'll go nuts.

Users who are viewing this thread