Game of thrones (Again) (2 Viewers)

Ian1779

Yes I was thinking the same, it ended a little abruptly and that was that after years of mystery and legend. I enjoyed it still!

I’m hoping the back story for the Night King is fleshed out in the books to come or in this prequel series they are producing...

Ian1779

I also think after the NK dying that there has got to be one more left-field twist to come in the last 3 episodes. Otherwise it will kind of drift out, even if you look past what seems the inevitable Cersei death, Cleganebowl or major character death - this is the story that gave us the Red Wedding out of nowhere, so I do expect one more.

olderskyblue

All the white walker generals were with the night king so I doubt she stole a face. When the red woman mentioned the blue eyes it was very obvious that Ayra was going to knock him off.

When they are killed, they shatter, so she couldn't steal a face

vow

All the white walker generals were with the night king so I doubt she stole a face. When the red woman mentioned the blue eyes it was very obvious that Ayra was going to knock him off.
It wasn't obvious to me and had forgotten all about Arya tbh.

I wasn't thinking about a Whight General, but rather a dead person's face who hadn't been raised yet, plus her stealthy moves, but it did feel a little bit Hollywood at times i guess

fellatio_Martinez

I also think after the NK dying that there has got to be one more left-field twist to come in the last 3 episodes. Otherwise it will kind of drift out, even if you look past what seems the inevitable Cersei death, Cleganebowl or major character death - this is the story that gave us the Red Wedding out of nowhere, so I do expect one more.

The biggest problem that the show has had for the past few seasons is that they've ran out of source material. George RR Martin wrote all the great twists we've seen from Ned Starks death to the Red Wedding.

He hasn't finished the books so now the show runners are going off a vague outline of how he said he'll end it. They can't write for shit though so they're just playing up to the fans and going down the predictable route.

We've all been coming up with these elaborate theories of what might happen but it won't because the show has no George RR Martin anymore and it's gone Hollywood.

Mr Panda

I'm just glad they got rid of the night king early doors like I was hoping.

They can now focus on the human element which has brought us all the best bits in Game of Thrones, the plotting and ruthlessness of humans is a lot more interesting for me.

Which characters are still unaccounted for? I didn't see Gendry anywhere at the end.

How are they going to regroup for the war to come against the 20,000 strong Golden Company? The entire Dothraki army is dead and by the looks of it alot of the men inside Winterfell died aswell. I'm assuming Yara will pull 200 odd boats out of her arse like Euron managed in 2 minutes a couple of seasons back.

Bring on episode 4 :)

larry_david

It can't all be straight forward, battle then kill cersei. There has to be more. Dany power hungry and taking on Jon? Jaime vs cersei. Hound and mountain to kill each other? Arya starrk to be pregnant with gendry barathaens child? Little finger to have faked his death and come back

Ian1779

It can't all be straight forward, battle then kill cersei. There has to be more. Dany power hungry and taking on Jon? Jaime vs cersei. Hound and mountain to kill each other? Arya starrk to be pregnant with gendry barathaens child? Little finger to have faked his death and come back

I think one of Jon/Dany doesn’t make it to the end.

Ian1779

The biggest problem that the show has had for the past few seasons is that they've ran out of source material. George RR Martin wrote all the great twists we've seen from Ned Starks death to the Red Wedding.

He hasn't finished the books so now the show runners are going off a vague outline of how he said he'll end it. They can't write for shit though so they're just playing up to the fans and going down the predictable route.

We've all been coming up with these elaborate theories of what might happen but it won't because the show has no George RR Martin anymore and it's gone Hollywood.

I totally get that, I suppose I sympathise slightly that there is SO much book material that they could never really do it justice.

What happened this episode only works long term if there is an equally WTF twist before the end. Otherwise it will seem a little anti-climatic.

Covstu

I totally get that, I suppose I sympathise slightly that there is SO much book material that they could never really do it justice.

What happened this episode only works long term if there is an equally WTF twist before the end. Otherwise it will seem a little anti-climatic.
It’s typical with most films/series thought, don’t get bogged down in too much dialogue else the masses lose interest. Happened in LOTR, Hobbit, Harry Potter etc etc

Covstu

There are some minor clever elements still in there like the scene where bran gave Arya the dagger in the same place as she killed the Night king and I think there will be a lot more clever weaves before the season finishes. I think episode 3 was just a good ol battle scene and sometimes that’s all that’s required

fellatio_Martinez

There are some minor clever elements still in there like the scene where bran gave Arya the dagger in the same place as she killed the Night king and I think there will be a lot more clever weaves before the season finishes. I think episode 3 was just a good ol battle scene and sometimes that’s all that’s required

The fact episode 1-2 were a build up to episode 3 didn't do it any favours as we were ready for some serious shit to go down. In the end up no one in the scene around the fire from episode 2 even died, although all they talked about was their impending death.

I think a few big deaths would have added some weight to the battle but in the end up Theon and a few bit characters went.

I hope to be surprised by the rest of it but I'm not expecting much.

fellatio_Martinez

If some major players go, I want it to be in broad daylight so I can actually see who it is

I have a solution.

tumblr_ngymirr7UL1tjydheo1_500.gif

Mr Panda

For me, if there's anything quite telling from tonight's episode it's what the red woman said to Arya re: Beric Dondarrion. The lord of light brought him back to fulfill a purpose and that purpose has been fulfilled. (Protect Arya)

What is the purpose of reanimated Jon Snow? Will he only live for as long as it is necessary? Originally I was thinking the necessity was to end the Night King but it looks to be something more.

larry_david

Yes worrying for Jon. Unless it's because he is the real heir to the throne but then again, I'm pretty sure she said the Lord of Light doesn't care for the game of thrones.

Beric was cool though wasn't he. Him and hound together was great, throw in thoros and it's a right gang. Just getting pissed, staring into the fire and eating chicken!

Liquid Gold

Another reason why last week was so important. It's a show that is for binging but you can't because of the spoilers. Watch the two together and it would be beyond brilliant.

Otis

Yup. That was awful. I really couldn't see a thing.

Do they think we all have 8K TV's or something?

covcity4life

Another reason why last week was so important. It's a show that is for binging but you can't because of the spoilers. Watch the two together and it would be beyond brilliant.
Itd not for binging. Im so glsd i have watxhrd this pan out for 8 years

Anyone who felt last week was too slow is not a game of thrones fan

Nick

Administrator
I watched the behind the scenes thing where it had interviews with the makers, the brightness issue wasn't there when it cut to the scenes on there and it was much more visible?

Users who are viewing this thread