Forest (2 Viewers)

COV

By what measure is he the best player at the club?

There is no quantitative measure for this, it’s a gut feel and I would agree he’s the most ‘naturally talented’, but there is a host of other things that make a good player- workrate, drive, team ethic, leadership etc and Bright needs to prove he’s worked on all these things before he’s in the discussion as ‘best player’ at the club. Most naturally talented? Yes. Best player? Impossible to judge yet and he needs to be a different person to last time in order to get near that accolade. He reminds me of a Roy Wegerle with a worse attitude.

covcity4life

His career highlight so far is a dozen good games at League 1 level 2 years ago, you can only dine out on being a ‘prospect’ for so long. At some point he’s actually got to perform consistently at a club
I agree. I am optimistic he will do well from what I've seen in previous loan spell with us.

Grendel

I mean potentially our most talented player

Thus could end up being the best player we hsve

He’s nowhere near as good as O Hare - I remember people saying the same about Kevin Thornton - the blokes had a handful of good league 1 games on his CV and that’s it

covcity4life

He’s nowhere near as good as O Hare - I remember people saying the same about Kevin Thornton - the blokes had a handful of good league 1 games on his CV and that’s it

Only giving my opinion. I never got csrroed away by thornton if that makes you feel better about it

I did however wax lyrical about Ryan Kent and he's gone on to show it

Have faith in me and sit bsck and enjoy the bright ride!!

Tommo1993

Bright is brilliant. Best player? Hmm.

What concerns me about his signing, despite him being very good last time, is it feels more like Robins was well out of options and resources enough to take him back on. Especially as he seemed to be at what sounds like quite a worrying crossroads in his career.

covcity4life

Bright is brilliant. Best player? Hmm.

What concerns me about his signing, despite him being very good last time, is it feels more like Robins was well out of options and resources enough to take him back on. Especially as he seemed to be at what sounds like quite a worrying crossroads in his career.
Or a grest opportunity rhat robins jumped at and couldn't believe his luck ?

No way of knowing truth be told

SlowerThanPlatt

Or a grest opportunity rhat robins jumped at and couldn't believe his luck ?

No way of knowing truth be told
Couldn’t believe his luck? I doubt there were a host of Championship clubs vying for his signature, Peterborough turned him down him in League 1 last year

I think Robins himself has admitted he’s a wildcard

Grendel

covcity4life

It’s an awful league and he only went there as no club here wanted him
He hands aroubd wirh questionable company I heard

It's clearly a gamble but it's allowed us to get him. My only point is he is extremely talented and fans would do well to remember that rather than limiting him to bring only useful as an impact sub

He may start like that but hopefully he becomes a starter because the effort is there to go alongside the talent he has.

O hare will hopefully kick on too in terms of finishing. He has everything else.. Our attacking options are very exciting on paper.

shmmeee

He hands aroubd wirh questionable company I heard

It's clearly a gamble but it's allowed us to get him. My only point is he is extremely talented and fans would do well to remember that rather than limiting him to bring only useful as an impact sub

He may start like that but hopefully he becomes a starter because the effort is there to go alongside the talent he has.

O hare will hopefully kick on too in terms of finishing. He has everything else.. Our attacking options are very exciting on paper.

Just hope the defence and midfield are good enough to get them into the game.

Liquid Gold

We were at our best last season playing the high press and I can’t see Bright being effective at that. He’ll be at his best when we’re chasing a goal against a stubborn defence.

CDK

O'Hare for me our best player and his game came on no end last season as his 8 assists think they came 2nd half of last season and he offers so so much more in winning the ball chasing opposing players.if bright gets to half his level he will be earning the praise.

Londonccfcfan

He's also got the motm vs Man city in a league cup tie for wolves. He's done it against the best...do your own research.

You can't teach or give a bloke talent. Ffs. Which Bright has in abundance.

Ohare is an amazing player imo too but can't score for toffee even if there was open goal from a half a yard out ( Birmingham fa cup last minute) think there genuine issues there if he wants to be regarded as top attacking midfielder. he needs to start scoring a goal or 2 at least. Hyam scored the same as him. Not expecting Ohare to ever be a buendia but he needs to get convert and get at least 5 goals next season.

Bright will easily get more goals per minute than Ohare. So potentially a great signing.

Garryb80

O'Hare for me our best player and his game came on no end last season as his 8 assists think they came 2nd half of last season and he offers so so much more in winning the ball chasing opposing players.if bright gets to half his level he will be earning the praise.
When both at their peak bright wins hands down for me. Defensively not but attacking wise its not even close.

SlowerThanPlatt

He's also got the motm vs Man city in a league cup tie for wolves. He's done it against the best...do your own research.

You can't teach or give a bloke talent. Ffs. Which Bright has in abundance.

Ohare is an amazing player imo too but can't score for toffee even if there was open goal from a half a yard out ( Birmingham fa cup last minute) think there genuine issues there if he wants to be regarded as top attacking midfielder. he needs to start scoring a goal or 2 at least. Hyam scored the same as him. Not expecting Ohare to ever be a buendia but he needs to get convert and get at least 5 goals next season.

Bright will easily get more goals per minute than Ohare. So potentially a great signing.

He got man of the match? He missed loads of chances that night and apologised to the fans?

ccfcchris

He if manages to stay fit I’d rather see Jones in that role
I'm going to agree with you on that one Grendel. A fit motivated Jones would be a tremendous asset to the side. Think O’Hare will keep his place in the side by a country mile.

slowpoke

Wilson

Dabo
Hyam
Fadz
Rose
Maatsen

Hamer
O’hare
Sheaf

Waghorn
Gyokeres
That isn’t a bad side although I think it will be Moore and not Wilson, just an opinion.
The thought though of a Bight and O’Hare partnership hitting some sort of form together gives me goose bumps, add a fit Jodi Jones and the underrated fit Liam Kelly squad looks good on paper and that’s the crux on paper going to take a few games to get up to speed so us fans are going to have to be a bit patient.
And there’s hopefully a bit of dosh for a decent CB I think that may take us right to the end of the window. but I’m fairly certain we will get someone in.
Rest of the squad looks okay strength wise and with the likes of DeCosta, Jones, Shipley, Reid,
Eccles, Walker, Godden, Allen, Burroughs & perhaps Cranie our bench looks strong and has variety. I’m optimistic we can do a lot better than last season.

Users who are viewing this thread