Forest (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Jesus wept, how many times does it need explaining?
The only fuckers moaning are the circa 12k hardcore, the rest of Coventry doesnt give a fuck, unless it's a day out at Wembley or a big cup game of course.
Get it I to your head, ffs, we are not a footballing (or rugby following) city!

What’s a footballing city? Do you just mean a city that’s had a successful club in recent memory?

COV

Not especially, just a club where football means more in life than it does in other places.

Things mean more when they are a source of pride.

Can you really not see that the two things are connected? There is kind of a reason that- in general- the better the team the more support they have, & vice versa. Even in a huge one-club city like Leeds- when they were doing badly their support dropped like a stone. And that was a blip for them really, take out the last couple of seasons and we were consistently diabolical, an embarrassment to be honest.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I fucking love this forum.

Arguing about the attendance before it has even happened, moaning about ticket office hours, season tickets on paper. I don't know what I would do without supporting CCFC. Top quality entertainment always.

fatso

Get what? I have been arguing all week that people's expectations are to high for this game; I have been agreeing with you on that. But to claim we'll only get 12K every week in this division, and that nobody outside of that 12K gives a shit about the club, doesn't qualify as grown up conversation.
Ok, well i think you misunderstood, what I meant. If we get 14k or 18k gates then that's at least 12k I didnt mean we would only get 12k.
I'm trying to say that 20k+ will be a very rare occurrence unless there's 5k+ away fans.
I think we will average 16-17k over the season.

theferret

Ok, well i think you misunderstood, what I meant. If we get 14k or 18k gates then that's at least 12k I didnt mean we would only get 12k.
I'm trying to say that 20k+ will be a very rare occurrence unless there's 5k+ away fans.

Fair enough, didn't pick up on that! My bad. I was eating a kebab at the time and most of my attention was focused on that tbf.

COV

Well we'll see, but I think unless we really perform dismally you're underplaying it by a few thousand there. You're talking only 1,000 more than when we got relegated without a whimper under Andy Thorn when you knew from about October what was coming, I thought that was the most soul destroying season ever... then Russell Slade came in

fatso

I fucking love this forum.

Arguing about the attendance before it has even happened, moaning about ticket office hours, season tickets on paper. I don't know what I would do without supporting CCFC. Top quality entertainment always.
Tbf, you cant argue about the attendance AFTER the event can you!
Youd need to find some other totally pointless issue to argue about then.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Tbf, you cant argue about the attendance AFTER the event can you!
Youd need to find some other totally pointless issue to argue about then.

- Car Park
- Stewards
- Ticket Office
- Train Station
- Trains
- Lack of pedestrian crossings
- Greggs was closed because it was a Sunday afternoon

Possibilities are endless...

Grendel

The arena are now also releasing parking for the arena on a match only basis at £12 a go. I guarantee this will end up being a shambles and they will sell out and people paying with a season ticket will have nowhere to park

Hobo

The arena are now also releasing parking for the arena on a match only basis at £12 a go. I guarantee this will end up being a shambles and they will sell out and people paying with a season ticket will have nowhere to park

Another reason for Taxi for Robins!

Users who are viewing this thread