Match Thread Fleetwood Town vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Tuesday 27th Nov (2 Viewers)

cc84cov

Robins is talking like we just played Man City wtf it’s fleetwood ffs Jesus Christ I can’t listen to anymore of that

larry_david

Robins is talking like we just played Man City wtf it’s fleetwood ffs Jesus Christ I can’t listen to anymore of that

Fleetwood looked very poor to me. I'm probably biased but they had 2 tactics, knock it long and smash the hell out of our players

Esoterica

He starred his first game in September and was dropped for the game which mcnulty first scored in - against Luton in October having started the prior 4 games and I repeat no assists for him

If you are presenting a case at least present it with facts
701 minutes in the first 18 games. Less than 8 full games of that 18. Which was 6 starts, 8 sub appearances, 4 unused.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Why has nobody just taken the booking to smash their Left Back? Absolute pansies.

We have let them bullying us, why is nobody going to get in his face every time he smashed or tried to smash Thomas?

Doyle is meant to be that, he has been pushed around like a doll.

Yep, cuz getting a booking towards a suspension when 3-0 down in a dead game is really sensible. Sometimes you sound like a 14 year old chav.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HerneBayGaz

Don't know how you people do it. Fair play to you for such dedication.

It's bad enough for me travelling 8 mins home after a home defeat and my season ticket already paid for.

No way I could ever come to grips with a £100 bill, a 4-6 hour round trip and a feeble defeat to top it off.

Think I would be thoroughly depressed.

Your right. I'm totally pissed off. I did nearly 20 thousand miles last year watching and supporting the team. All I ask for is for the lads too put a in a 100% but tonight I just didn't see.

Couldn't face the journey back, so booked in a hotel. More expense. Thank you Coventry city

rant over

sorry

Grendel

701 minutes in the first 18 games. Less than 8 full games of that 18. Which was 6 starts, 8 sub appearances, 4 unused.

Which still doesn’t mean the statement he made was correct As it wasn’t - how many minutes before the first goal came was it?

matesx

Your right. I'm totally pissed off. I did nearly 20 thousand miles last year watching and supporting the team. All I ask for is for the lads too put a in a 100% but tonight I just didn't see.

Couldn't face the journey back, so booked in a hotel. More expense. Thank you Coventry city

rant over

sorry
Fair play to you.

I used to be the same.

Nick

Administrator
That performance has driven me to drink. No work tomorrow, few Stellas and two foot the dog. I hope the dopey twats are happy with any injury that may occur to the dog or me.

Ashdown

We've actually bought a load of wank bags as strikers. Can't stand JCH, more gangsta wannabe than footballer, Hiwula just a panic merchant, others unproven and nervous or bombed out by mighty illustrious Midland neighbours.......missing gilt edges chances is every fucking game now.

speedie87

I want to see ponti given a chance in the new year I know his all round play isn’t great but fancy him to put more chances away than anyone else we’ve got.

Baka looks completely lost everytime he comes on.

cc84cov

I’m still struggling to see how Robins signed some of thr players he has this season ? Baffling to say the least.

Brighton Sky Blue

We've actually bought a load of wank bags as strikers. Can't stand JCH, more gangsta wannabe than footballer, Hiwula just a panic merchant, others unproven and nervous or bombed out by mighty illustrious Midland neighbours.......missing gilt edges chances is every fucking game now.

Which is what will happen when you have a team lop-sided with youngsters. How many players do we have in the 'prime' 27-30 age bracket? Hardly any.

Mucca Mad Boys

As per usual, the response to a bad defeat is the typical meltdown amongst Cov fans.

It goes without saying that this is a bad result. Worse still, we’ve let the opposition off the hook and paid for it. We can’t miss as many opportunities as we have done all season, there’s a few games we should’ve killed off before they had the chance to take the lead.

However, this is a really young team, so we have to be patient with them and I’m confident they’ll develop that killer instinct and put games to bed. Our performance against the top 6 teams in this division suggest we can mix it with the best here and we’re sat in 10th so we’re in a good place still. But, after this skid, we probably need to shuffle the pack a bit and freshen the team up.

Nights like tonight are frustrating, me and my brother were going to go, so we’ve certainly dodged a bullet! But, promotion back to the Championship is a project. I’m an optimist, yet, to expect us to be competing in the playoffs this season — you’re asking too much. The recruitment team has hedged its bets in signing young players with a lot of potential. A wise policy and it will take a while for it to pay dividends. Whilst it’s too early to write off the playoffs, this season is too early for us, if I were a gambling man.

This team just needs a few experienced pros added to it to take it to the next level.

skyblueeyesrevisited

As per usual, the response to a bad defeat is the typical meltdown amongst Cov fans.

It goes without saying that this is a bad result. Worse still, we’ve let the opposition off the hook and paid for it. We can’t miss as many opportunities as we have done all season, there’s a few games we should’ve killed off before they had the chance to take the lead.

However, this is a really young team, so we have to be patient with them and I’m confident they’ll develop that killer instinct and put games to bed. Our performance against the top 6 teams in this division suggest we can mix it with the best here and we’re sat in 10th so we’re in a good place still. But, after this skid, we probably need to shuffle the pack a bit and freshen the team up.

Nights like tonight are frustrating, me and my brother were going to go, so we’ve certainly dodged a bullet! But, promotion back to the Championship is a project. I’m an optimist, yet, to expect us to be competing in the playoffs this season — you’re asking too much. The recruitment team has hedged its bets in signing young players with a lot of potential. A wise policy and it will take a while for it to pay dividends. Whilst it’s too early to write off the playoffs, this season is too early for us, if I were a gambling man.

This team just needs a few experienced pros added to it to take it to the next level.
Unfortunately the SISU model is buy them young and hope one or two of them are the next Wilson and Maddison. Winning the league is secondary.

Nonleagueherewecome

I'm not sure Chaplin is any better than Ponticelli.
I do keep quoting myself here, but I did ask when we signed him "is Chaplin to Portsmouth what Ponticelli is to Coventry?" I do think he is behind Chaplin in terms of all around game, for sure, but if you look at goals to minute, especially as a starter, I think JP can feel a bit hard done by to not have been given a chance to slot into McNulty's role rather than us spending so much on strikers that don't look that much ahead of him, if at all. I think he was making a real impact when introduced into the side earlier this season and I had a feeling that when he scored one goal, he was going to go on a run-he was getting into positions and giving us more cutting edge. Hopefully the injury hasn't set him back too much, he can go to Macc and bang a few in under Sol, save them from relegation, learn a few things, become a man, develop a comedy Northern accent as a party piece, and then come back to us to reign as our goal poacher supreme.

Gazolba

Chaplin needs to start doing what he's paid to do. Score goals. Pen goes in tonight,it's 2 in 2 and a bit of momentum. Instead Friday nights equaliser is completely forgotten. To blaze a pen over like that shows a lack of confidence. Instead of having the confidence to place it into the corner, he's taken the fear element out and just lashed it. Poor.
How much pressure could he have been under at 3-0 down? If you were 1-0 down or 1-1, there'd be some pressure to score, but not at 3-0 down.

Mucca Mad Boys

I do keep quoting myself here, but I did ask when we signed him "is Chaplin to Portsmouth what Ponticelli is to Coventry?" I do think he is behind Chaplin in terms of all around game, for sure, but if you look at goals to minute, especially as a starter, I think JP can feel a bit hard done by to not have been given a chance to slot into McNulty's role rather than us spending so much on strikers that don't look that much ahead of him, if at all. I think he was making a real impact when introduced into the side earlier this season and I had a feeling that when he scored one goal, he was going to go on a run-he was getting into positions and giving us more cutting edge. Hopefully the injury hasn't set him back too much, he can go to Macc and bang a few in under Sol, save them from relegation, learn a few things, become a man, develop a comedy Northern accent as a party piece, and then come back to us to reign as our goal poacher supreme.

This has become an obsession for you.

Ponticelli has started 6 times for us. Six! It’s not a sample size worthy of comparing to McNulty’s. Chaplin has at least made 100+ appearances which makes a comparison a lot easier. If we want to look at goals per minute, Bakayoko has the strongest claim for a start on that basis.

Chaplin’s strike rate is 1 in 4, to say Ponticelli would do better in L1 is a massive leap of faith for someone that inexperienced. If Ponticelli can score 1 in 4 in L2, that’d be very good.

If you think it’s wise to have trusted a talented, but still very raw 19 year to replace McNulty, then your judgement is questionable, at best. He doesn’t need to be thrusted into the first team.

You’ve barely given Chaplin time to settle in.

Bristol sky blue

Lots of issues last night - 1st half performance was ok though...

Main issue for me was not winning the ball in midfield. MR won't drop Doyle, but I think the time has come for him to be a sub, not in starting XI.
Kelly would do a better job now.
As for Bayliss: show pony. For all his obvious skill, he gives the ball away a hell of a lot.
We can't afford to persist with these 2 in centre mid, we will get overrun by teams with ease.
Might be worth giving Bayliss a go on the left (he would probably have more impact there than Hiwula...)

Otis

Lots of issues last night - 1st half performance was ok though...

Main issue for me was not winning the ball in midfield. MR won't drop Doyle, but I think the time has come for him to be a sub, not in starting XI.
Kelly would do a better job now.
As for Bayliss: show pony. For all his obvious skill, he gives the ball away a hell of a lot.
We can't afford to persist with these 2 in centre mid, we will get overrun by teams with ease.
Might be worth giving Bayliss a go on the left (he would probably have more impact there than Hiwula...)
Is it possible we could play Bayliss wide and Ogogo and Kelly in the middle?

Would that work I wonder.

Brave decisions to be made on Doyle, who seems for now to be undroppable.

clint van damme

I want to see ponti given a chance in the new year I know his all round play isn’t great but fancy him to put more chances away than anyone else we’ve got.

Baka looks completely lost everytime he comes on.

Even against Charlton and Peterborough?

steve82

Is it possible we could play Bayliss wide and Ogogo and Kelly in the middle?

Would that work I wonder.

Brave decisions to be made on Doyle, who seems for now to be undroppable.

I’ve said this most of November, the focus is on Doyle yet what about about Bayliss?

In the last few weeks he’s only really put in a performance in for 45 second half mins against Peterborough.

The kids stacks of ability as we all know but he’s simply not performing and living off last years reputation and going under the radar.

If we’re gonna dissect performances then he needs to be under the same scrutiny as Doyle’s but the fact is many wear blinkers so look at the ageing Doyle who yes isn’t perfect and making mistakes.

But as midfield options are so limited Bayliss is getting the free ride.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread