Match Thread Fleetwood Town vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Tuesday 27th Nov (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Fleetwood Town vs. Coventry City match, tactics and predictions :)

Magwitch

Need to up our game straight from kick off, I see Fleetwood as another Burton bit unpredictable and dangerous opponents. Would take a draw but with only 3 points from the last 9 we need to get back to winning ways. Our centre backs played well again last night but I still think we need Tom Davies in the back four. Not sure on forwards probably stick with last nights

Sky Blue Harry H

I hope their coach breaks down after their game at Plymouth today, and they don't get back until Tuesday morning (having had to walk)!

pusbccfc

Total disgrace that we are playing all the way up there on a Tuesday night at the end of November.

Paxman II

Back to winning ways I think. Fleetwood punching above their collective weight. We are better than them, it's that simple. We just need to score from the chances we create.
If Kelly is fit enough I would play him in place of Hiwula away from home. Too much responsibility on Doyle to hold that midfield together. This would give Bayliss more opportunity to go forwards.
Difficult to drop Grimmer but a manager has to be tough. Sterling offers more as an attacking threat. davies should come in and Willis drop to bench...he has not been great lately. Turned to easily (watch for Pert'Boro' goal yesterday)

1-3

Effcee

Time to bring Davies back in ... his ability to switch play and his threat from set pieces puts him ahead of Willis and Hyam. Not sure which one should make way...

lifeskyblue

Near on 700 miles round trip
12 hours on the road

I demand at least 70/30 possession in our favour
20 plus shots, All on target of course.
And too win by 5 clear goals.

Well one can dream can't they!!

One heck of a trip that...rather you than me. If it was summer you would probably see dawn before you reached Herne Bay.
Just settle for the win by any score and your journey home will be sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Time to bring Davies back in ... his ability to switch play and his threat from set pieces puts him ahead of Willis and Hyam. Not sure which one should make way...

Madden and Evans up front.

Davies on Evans, Willis speed against Madden?

HerneBayGaz

One heck of a trip that...rather you than me. If it was summer you would probably see dawn before you reached Herne Bay.
Just settle for the win by any score and your journey home will be sweet.

Sorry lifeskyblue. I have to stick by original post
Lol

I'll let you know when I get back just in case your worried about me haha

lifeskyblue

Sorry lifeskyblue. I have to stick by original post
Lol

I'll let you know when I get back just in case your worried about me haha

Fair enough...5-0 it is and unbelievable possession stats (presumably you don’t think Doyle will be playing lol) and a very good drive home.

pusbccfc

loads of teams have to make similar if not longer journeys mid week.

Exactly. They should limit the distance on a Tuesday. Places like Wycombe and Oxford would more suited.
Having Bradford, Fleetwood and Blackpool as our midweek away games this season is silly really.

SBbucks

Exactly. They should limit the distance on a Tuesday. Places like Wycombe and Oxford would more suited.
Having Bradford, Fleetwood and Blackpool as our midweek away games this season is silly really.
Surprised you think that " they" might even remotely consider visiting supporters/travel when they put the fixtures out; this hasn't been a consideration for 20-30 years (and even then it was typically only over Christmas period when there were often local derbies). It doesn't make it right but it has been reality for a long time. I noticed Yeovil had consecutive Saturday games away at Carlisle & Morecambe a couple of weeks ago, perfect example of lack of consideration for supporters.

fernandopartridge

They can't, Plymouth for example is miles away from most other teams likewise Sunderland

johnwillomagic

I think too soon for Sterling......I know Hiwula not been getting rave reviews but who do we bring in?
Think I would go with the following.

Burge GK
Grimmer RB
Davies CB
Willis CB
Brown LB
Thomas RM
Doyle CM
Bayliss CM
Hiwula LM (I'd still play him for this pace on counter away from home)
JCH ST
Chaplin ST

Subs: LOB, Hyam, Mason, Kelly, Ogogo, Shipley, Bakayoko

Magwitch

Back in the sixties I was on Sky Blue special number two for a Friday night game at Carlisle. We lost 2-0 !!

steve82

I think too soon for Sterling......I know Hiwula not been getting rave reviews but who do we bring in?
Think I would go with the following.

Burge GK
Grimmer RB
Davies CB
Willis CB
Brown LB
Thomas RM
Doyle CM
Bayliss CM
Hiwula LM (I'd still play him for this pace on counter away from home)
JCH ST
Chaplin ST

Subs: LOB, Hyam, Mason, Kelly, Ogogo, Shipley, Bakayoko

Jack Grimmer was good value Friday night so he’s done enough to keep his place I’d say.
Left wing is a issue, Jordan Shipley is injured I think from the Cheltenham game and JJ now seems further away from returning to the starting 11 than many realistically think.

The only way you could change the midfield up is this possibly...
Bayliss--Ogogo--Doyle--Thomas

Or if Sterling is fit....
Sterling--Bayliss--Doyle--Thomas

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

Jack Grimmer was good value Friday night so he’s done enough to keep his place I’d say.
Left wing is a issue, Jordan Shipley is injured I think from the Cheltenham game and JJ now seems further away from returning to the starting 11 than many realistically think.

The only way you could change the midfield up is this possibly...
Bayliss--Ogogo--Doyle--Thomas

Or if Sterling is fit....
Sterling--Bayliss--Doyle--Thomas

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kelly was back on the bench so he's an option in midfield too

Mcbean

hats off to those who are going - true dedication to the cause if you have the opportunity to go

Gibbo

Hirwula has to be rested

Back 5 no change assuming Davies not fit, but they have got to buck up, as Posh let them off twice
Away from home, so a Bayliss, Kelly, Doyle and Thomas midfield has to be an option.
JCH and Chappers up front

This seems harsh on Bakayoko, who had a promising substitution on Friday. If it was at home I wonder if you could try him upfront with JCH

Users who are viewing this thread