Match Thread Fleetwood Town vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Tuesday 27th Nov (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

Yes, and the time to judge them will be after a season of two, not half a season. Also, when you’re 9th in the table, you’d be inclined to say at this moment, it’s more ‘success’ than ‘failure’.

We'll see.

I still think throwing a million quid at 4 strikers was the wrong move.

I totally understand Robins' philosophy of bringing in these young players with the aim of selling them on for a higher fee. However, he shouldn't look too far in the future. As seen with this club, things change rapidly.

LilleSkyBlue

Just been watching the highlights, reminding me of something I'd wondered at the time.

What was Davies doing for their second? Running awkwardly away from Burns as he drove forwards down the inside-right channel instead of trying to close him down, then slowing down as the shot came in, meaning he had no chance of getting in the way of it. Maybe they would have scored anyway, but it looks strange to me.

Esoterica

Just been watching the highlights, reminding me of something I'd wondered at the time.

What was Davies doing for their second? Running awkwardly away from Burns as he drove forwards down the inside-right channel instead of trying to close him down, then slowing down as the shot came in, meaning he had no chance of getting in the way of it. Maybe they would have scored anyway, but it looks strange to me.
Davies is brilliant when he is facing the ball in a backs to the wall situation but pull him wide or get behind him and he's so slow which makes him look poor. It's his weakness, like Grimmer's lack of acceleration which means he's always beaten to the byline. Davies is a very good L2 defender and a decent L1 defender. Will get his head on anything launched his way in attack and defence, is brave, is our most natural leader in our back 4, and plays a nice cross field pass. Also good to have in the dressing room. That said, think we've got him at his peak though.

Nick

Administrator
Davies is brilliant when he is facing the ball in a backs to the wall situation but pull him wide or get behind him and he's so slow which makes him look poor. It's his weakness, like Grimmer's lack of acceleration which means he's always beaten to the byline. Davies is a very good L2 defender and a decent L1 defender. Will get his head on anything launched his way in attack and defence, is brave, is our most natural leader in our back 4, and plays a nice cross field pass. Also good to have in the dressing room. That said, think we've got him at his peak though.
Yep, Accrington showed him up a bit when he was against their 9.

steve82

Yep, Accrington showed him up a bit when he was against their 9.

Tom Davies is still very inexperienced in terms of games and this is the highest he’s ever played coming from non league and playing most his games at national league level and lower. I think there is room for improvement from him but he will only ever be a L1 defender or squad championship player by default.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread