Fa cup tickets (12 Viewers)

skybluecam

In 127 last year everyone was standing. To the left of me and the right …
It doesn't take much to cause the entire block to stand. Maybe 3,000 was low - but I reckon there are surely only 5,000 or so that are militant about standing.

Guess it doesn't matter either way, I'm not down there (I do prefer to stand generally). Just wouldn't want anyone's experience ruined because of it.

And you kind of prove the point - I'm sure there will be plenty of people who've bought in 127 and are planning to sit.

theferret

I think the last few times we've been almost the entire bottom tier is standing , can't see that being different this time ..

I've managed to get tickets in 551 and am resigned to sitting down , which I will do

Happened to me last season, screwed up so missed out on bottom tier. Thought it would brother me sitting but it didn't really. It's so steep up there you almost feel like you're standing anyway. View was better than expected too.

MalcSB

It doesn't take much to cause the entire block to stand. Maybe 3,000 was low - but I reckon there are surely only 5,000 or so that are militant about standing.

Guess it doesn't matter either way, I'm not down there (I do prefer to stand generally). Just wouldn't want anyone's experience ruined because of it.

And you kind of prove the point - I'm sure there will be plenty of people who've bought in 127 and are planning to sit.
I’m sure you are right. I wouldn’t buy behind the goal because of the probability of people stand8ng, but I wouldn’t have expected standing in 127.

shepardo01

The lower tier around the sides will also sit, unlike United where they will all stand.
Regarding this - I was at the United/Brighton semi-final last year.
The only United fans that stood up in the lower tier were those in the safe standing area behind the goal!

theferret

:ROFLMAO: so why are you so desperate to stand?

Where did I say I was desperate? It's a preference. It's why I am in block 16 and I enjoy standing at away games where everyone does and I can't recall a complaint about it for best part of 15 years, not athe game anyway.

The point being discussed relates to lower tier behind the goal where anyone who shares that preference will have tried to get tickets. It's why they sold first. If somebody's preference is to sit, there are plenty of options, literally loads. I found myself in one of those areas last season. Wasn't my preference obviously, but I went with the flow of course.

Tommo1993

Tbf I’ve just flicked through the Oxford, Exeter and Luton highlights. I’m very surprised at how much sitting there was.

shepardo01

You sure? Every time they are in shot they are all standing

You've got good eyes based on that! 🤣
Yeah, can see a few down the side -mainly towards the corner - but can also see them rise to their feet too! I couldn't see those - they were same level as where I was and directly to my left!
I did notice the obvious difference in height between those in safe standing and those not ..as I was unaware until that day that they had installed that!

theferret

You've got good eyes based on that! 🤣
Yeah, can see a few down the side -mainly towards the corner - but can also see them rise to their feet too! I couldn't see those - they were same level as where I was and directly to my left!
I did notice the obvious difference in height between those in safe standing and those not ..as I was unaware until that day that they had installed that!

I didn't need to look too hard, literally the Brighton free kick in the first 20 seconds 😂. The safe standing does stand out because it is a slightly higher level and they have separated it with a barrier and gangway in front.

Jarvo87

We were toward the back of 139 v Luton, which was part of the family zone.
Almost without exception, everyone around us stood ~ men, women and children. This was a bit of a surprise tbh but didn’t bother us, actually was a cracking atmosphere. We are in the upper tier this time where I’m imagining it will be fully seated. At the CBS, whether we’ve been in block 18, 29, or the main stand this year, everyone sits.

pitts head

Reading through this I have a few questions

I am in Block 140, can I sit down?
I don't like Slipknot, but I own 1 Marillion album. But I was at a Black Pumas gig in Hammersmith on Sunday. Does this make me relevant?
I don't own a colour printer. Will this be a problem?

mmttww

Did I just read a debate on whether Slipknot are culturally relevant in 2024 in a thread about Wembley tickets, on a football forum? I saw them at Reading in 2000, and they looked dumb in broad daylight, and felt not very culturally relevant at that point. When did this change? What did I miss? Answers!

Mucca Mad Boys

Did I just read a debate on whether Slipknot are culturally relevant in 2024 in a thread about Wembley tickets, on a football forum? I saw them at Reading in 2000, and they looked dumb in broad daylight, and felt not very culturally relevant at that point. When did this change? What did I miss? Answers!
The answer is: were they relevant to you? If not, rest easy friend.

MalcSB

When the majority don't want to. I'm in block 16, everyone is happy to stand and understands that. Away games everyone seems happy to, don't hear complaints. At Wembley last season I messed up and ended up in upper tier. I sat because everyone did and nobody wants to be that arse that tries to be contrary.

Behind the goal at wembley though, it surely won't come as a surprise that people will stand. Not sure why I am getting into a debate, because we all know how it will play out on the day.
People probably don’t complain about having their seats taken, or standing, because they are intimidated.

MTK

Again, struggling with reading comprehension. The entire upper tier will be sat and you are aware it always sells after after the lower tier, surely you are? The lower tier around the sides will also sit, unlike United where they will all stand. If you bought early, you have all options open to you, buy late, your 80 year old can rest assured they will have a seat in the lower price bracket and there will be no issues with standing.

We've had 3 trial runs at this, everyone knows the layout.
I’ve been in block 125 in the lower tier for all our Wembley matches and have stood most of the time. I had to, people in front of me were all standing. At one match someone behind told us to sit down. We just politely said we can’t sit down or we won’t see. We said people lower down need to sit and we will then do the same. Back in 125 again and expecting to have to stand, but if people in front of me are sitting, I will too.

MalcSB

I’ve been in block 125 in the lower tier for all our Wembley matches and have stood most of the time. I had to, people in front of me were all standing. At one match someone behind told us to sit down. We just politely said we can’t sit down or we won’t see. We said people lower down need to sit and we will then do the same. Back in 125 again and expecting to have to stand, but if people in front of me are sitting, I will too.
Did you try telling those standing in front of you to sit down?

SBT

They were always a bit of a novelty act I think. 2000 was probably their peak relevance though! I went to Leeds for a day that year to see Oasis and Limp Bizkit of all people had one of the day’s biggest crowds.

In truth I didn’t expect a Slipknot reference to generate such a firestorm in 2024, but didn’t think my target audience would get the analogy if I subbed in Gilla Band or Mannequin Pussy…

MTK

Did you try telling those standing in front of you to sit down?
Yes of course and they said exactly the same to us about the people in front of them. To fix it the stewards needed to go to the first row of people standing, get them to sit then ask everyone behind to sit. I would gladly have sat - I’m getting on myself and bad knees - but I’m not going to miss seeing the game.

MalcSB

Yes of course and they said exactly the same to us about the people in front of them. To fix it the stewards needed to go to the first row of people standing, get them to sit then ask everyone behind to sit. I would gladly have sat - I’m getting on myself and bad knees - but I’m not going to miss seeing the game.
That's the trouble, it only takes a couple of selfish people at the front to make things difficult for 100s

MTK

So why on earth have you gone in the same block?
We like the view from there and prefer to be in the side rather than bring the goal. As far as I see and hear, standing is pretty random and can happen everywhere. Sit or stand I’m really not bothered. I’ll go with the majority and do either, so happy to go in the same block

Woolly68

3 new blocks of tickets on Level 2 now available, behind the goal. Probably about 500 seats. Good view and plenty of seats together. Guessing they will be pricey though.

MalcSB

We like the view from there and prefer to be in the side rather than bring the goal. As far as I see and hear, standing is pretty random and can happen everywhere. Sit or stand I’m really not bothered. I’ll go with the majority and do either, so happy to go in the same block
That’s how a minority becomes a majority, people just acquiescing to the minority.

Nick

Administrator
It annoys me when people in front stand up (not in the usual areas where you expect it) then there's a family behind me. I have no choice but to stand but then I worry that the people behind can't see all game.

It's a knock on effect. I'll stand but the people behind me are going to struggle to see.

Harry Krishner

Excuse me for intruding on the sitting/standing discussion.

Does anybody know how many tickets are left - if any - for the 50+ points brigade this week?

skyblue1991

At least 10k+. Only been open to ST holders which is circa 19k.
If every season ticket holder bought a ticket then there will be 15k left, but there will be some that can't go and maybe haven't offered the ST to anyone else so may be even more!

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk

Tomh111

I've fucked it and waited to buy Hull and Ipswich tickets till this morning on my spare account to boost that to 50 for a friend.

Turns out they don't go on instantly....

If anybody has a spare ticket or an account with 50 points on that could get me an additional, then I'd be eternally grateful.

For what it's worth he has been to some fucking shit games with me over the years, highlights include Yeovil away, Newport Vounty at home (1-0 loss 2017) and Britsol away start of this year.

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread