F1 2021 (1 Viewer)

xcraigx

Any thoughts on the Red Bull bendy wing?

It seems to flex under any sort of acceleration so it'll be giving them a big (in F1 terms) advantage. I saw Hamilton interviewed after the Spanish GP and he did say he had learned a bit about the Red Bull when sat behind it lap after lap in Spain. Presumably he meant this as the Mercedes complaint went in a day or so later.

Paul Anthony

Could be a fight between the two Ferrari's and Verstappen for pole today, Mercedes look nowhere in FP3, can't get the tyres warmed up.

Paul Anthony

The championship is going to close right up after the race tomorrow, I think. Assuming Leclerc doesn't need to take a penalty, I can see Max getting the jump on him at the start and controlling things. Lewis will struggle to get in the top 5.

I'd love it if Leclerc won though.

Saddlebrains

Personally for me Leclerc Max Sainz or Norris filling the podium would be fantastic. Cant see Lewis getting more than where he is tbh.

Best starting grid in a long time

Paul Anthony

Leclerc looks like he's out before the start, gearbox gone on the way to the grid. They should have changed it.

Surely Max has won the race before it's even started now?

Saddlebrains

The Monaco grand prix is an absolute joke - i love F1 but this race is just pointless.

What is the point of holding a race at a track where there are Zero overtakes?!

Fuck the history of this circuit - it needs sacking off

Agree. Wouldnt miss it at all

tisza

The Monaco grand prix is an absolute joke - i love F1 but this race is just pointless.

Purely done for corporates etc.
Should be a criteria for any track holding an F1 race that there are a minimum number of legitimate overtaking opportunities.
Saw a poll on BBC live commentary yesterday that 28k out of 35k votes cast would do away with it.

SkyBlueSoul

Agree as well, it's not really a "race" is it? All down to pit stop strategies more than anything these days. I started to get nervous when Perez was closing in on Lando but never really worried because unless Lando made a mistake there was no chance he was getting past. I mean Ricciardo won in 2018 with 75% power and only 6 gears for 50 (FIFTY) laps for Christ's sake

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I love the circuit, but tend to hate the race - incredibly dull. Might get the odd year where things go nuts and hardly anyone finishes but on the whole it's relying on crashes to be interesting.

tisza

I love the circuit, but tend to hate the race - incredibly dull. Might get the odd year where things go nuts and hardly anyone finishes but on the whole it's relying on crashes to be interesting.
About sums up the Monaco GP - needs crashes to make things happen which is a pretty dismal condemnation of it as a racing track. All the money spent on DRS etc to improve overtaking in order to make the sport more interesting and then you get Monaco

Paul Anthony

Apparently Ferrari have announced that the failure on Leclerc's car was indeed related to his qualifying crash. Because it was on the opposite side of the car, they didn't check it. That seems like a very Ferrari thing to do, something unimaginable when they had Schumacher/Todt/Brawn in charge of the team.

Meanwhile, Mercedes still can't get the wheel off of Bottas' car. It's going to be stuck on until it gets back to the factory.

Paul Anthony

Never saw the end of that - bad gun, bad bolt or human error from the pit guy?

I think they said it was cross threaded when it went on before the race, and when the wheel gun went on it machined it. I guess if that's true, you'd call it human error for whoever put it on originally.

SkyBlueSoul

Never saw the end of that - bad gun, bad bolt or human error from the pit guy?

The wheel nut was cross-threaded so didn’t go anywhere when the gun turned and got stripped clean. Guess that means whoever put the nut on before the race fucked up?

080e0a570ba3bb72eb0ba81714ed8ffb.jpg

Paul Anthony

Conor Daly just hit a flying wheel head on in the Indy 500, could have been a very nasty incident.

Paul Anthony

Could be carnage, this qualifying. Expecting lots of yellow flags, spoiled laps and everyone trying to get a massive tow.

Paul Anthony

Well, it's started already! Stroll should've bailed up the escape road.

Users who are viewing this thread