F1 2021 (1 Viewer)

Si80

Jesus, Bottas and Russell too! Shit’s gone dowwwn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Loved Russell having a little finger in Bottas’ face. Bit naughty of VB I thought. Closed the door fully knowing GR would be on him with DRS and would’ve taken that line to pass given his line down the straight.

xcraigx

I wouldn't have thought an hour back that Hamilton would still be leading the championship by the end of the race. Great stuff by Lando too.

Paul Anthony

Knew it was going to be a heck of a race the minute it rained. Crash between Bottas and Russell could have ended a lot worse than it did.

Given how scrappy a race Lewis had to end up so far off Max at the end, until that point it seems there is absolutely nothing to choose between Red Bull and Mercedes.

jordan210

Such a shame the rules from a red flag allows anyone who is lapped to be untapped. As Ham got lucky with the reflag just after his trip in the gravel

Paul Anthony

I'd argue that it's part of being a world champion. You need to have luck. I remember Vettel when he was winning everything under the sun always seemed to get a perfectly timed safety car. I remember races when Michael Schumacher had a lot of luck (he won a race once because Mika Hakkinen's car broke down with about half a lap to go!)

My point being, when you're winning all the time, you usually get the luck go your way. It's the same in quite a lot of sports.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Brilliant race! Thoroughly enjoyed it! So many incidents and luckily no-one injured (except pride, maybe!)

xcraigx

I'm dsappointed in Russell's comments regarding the Bottas incident. Hopefully it's just emotions getting the better of him and once he's had time to think about it he will agree he was talking shit. I think it was a racing incident and no way did Bottas run him off the road because of potential 2022 Merc driving arrangements.

NorthernWisdom

I'm dsappointed in Russell's comments regarding the Bottas incident. Hopefully it's just emotions getting the better of him and once he's had time to think about it he will agree he was talking shit. I think it was a racing incident and no way did Bottas run him off the road because of potential 2022 Merc driving arrangements.
Wouldn't exactly get Bottas a drive for next season if he did. Currently he might end up b somewhere half competitive if he does alright this season.

Doesn't seem that type of character anyway - if anything he's been too meek at Mercedes!

Saddlebrains

I think now Red Bull have a quicker car, and also Alpha Tauri, McLaren and Ferrari catching up to the front 2, its showing just how poor Bottas really is.

Case in point, Lewis from 9th yesterday flew through the pack to finish second. Has done the same at a few races the last few years. Once Valterri is within the pack, he never tends to make inroads and his weekend falls apart.

On a side note another poor weekend for Vettel. I know he had mechanical issues, but to me he just seems like he isnt enjoying it anymore and i really wouldn't be surprised to see him walk off into the sunset at the end of the season and Valterri replace him

Paul Anthony

I think now Red Bull have a quicker car, and also Alpha Tauri, McLaren and Ferrari catching up to the front 2, its showing just how poor Bottas really is.

Case in point, Lewis from 9th yesterday flew through the pack to finish second. Has done the same at a few races the last few years. Once Valterri is within the pack, he never tends to make inroads and his weekend falls apart.

On a side note another poor weekend for Vettel. I know he had mechanical issues, but to me he just seems like he isnt enjoying it anymore and i really wouldn't be surprised to see him walk off into the sunset at the end of the season and Valterri replace him

I don’t think Vettel ever really recovered from that off he had in Hockenheim when he was leading.

Bottas talks a good game every pre season. He gives it all this toughening up, how he's going to be more selfish and that. But, the moment things start to go wrong for him, his head drops. It takes a lot of mental strength to win a title, and Bottas just does not have it in him.

NorthernWisdom

Yeah I'dsee that too. Consolation prize for Bottas, and a team good enough to keep him motivated and allow him to show he's still got it.

SkyBlueSoul

Says a lot that when it was time to put the City match on another laptop I muted that and focussed more on the F1 until it finished. Only 2 races in but so far this season is living up to the hype with a decent battle up front and the midfield catching up as well.

So pleased for Lando after Saturday, he did an amazing job holding Hamilton off for as long as he did. Ridiculous how he just drove away from Ricciardo when they swapped round too.

SkyBlueSoul

Last 10 laps:

049323b0b08baf9b8d06a35a230eb76f.jpg

Rich

I don’t get why Lando is so much faster than Daniel?

Hamilton is showing that it’s not all about the car, given that Bottas never, literally never makes moves through the midfield like he does.

Paul Anthony

I don’t get why Lando is so much faster than Daniel?

Could possibly be that there was so much less testing this year and therefore it takes longer to get used to a new car. I think we'll see him improve over the next few races. Hope so anyway, looks they've got a good car underneath them.

SkyBlueSoul

He said he grained one of his tyres as the track dried out, then after the restart just couldn't quite see the softs through to the end. Sounds like he blamed himself more than the tyres themselves so yeah, could just still be getting used to a new car and engine.

Even with that going on he still brought it home 6th which is good enough, minimum you'd expect from a team hoping to finish 3rd.

SkyBlueSoul

Strange incident with Kimi, just drove into the back of Giovinazzi by the look of it.

Lando looking up for it so far, beautiful move on Ocon

Paul Anthony

I absolutely love the camera angle they have for the final corner, with the cars swooping over the crest of the hill!

Saddlebrains

Boring race this. Cant see why Red Bull arent undercutting here? Max cant get near on the straights

Paul Anthony

Max cost himself fastest lap!

Are we going to have a week long row about track limits on social media now..... Again?

Paul Anthony

Think we might get less overtaking in Spain this year than usual, they've taken away the hairpin at T10.

Also, that monstrosity of a chicane is still in place.

Last edited:

Saddlebrains

That chicane is the worst corner in F1. Always a procession here, the only plus point will be it can sometimes chew tyres and can lead to some strategy variation

tisza

Thought there was some excellent racing outside of the top 3. Just as interesting watching the driving on the "point range" as it's so competitive with some really talented drivers.

SkyBlueSoul

Agree, definitely one of the better Spanish GPs. Nice to see some legitimate, non-DRS/pit-lane overtakes. Great strategy call by Merc, I thought they’d fucked it tbh.

Funny to see Bottas actually get his elbows out at a point he’s specifically told not to

Users who are viewing this thread